I hope that's an actual screenshot as that looks awesome!
Everything sounds cool except that. Classic NBA Jam is 2-on-2...Instro said:So I read through the article in NP, heres what I got:
- 2 Modes, 1 is called Classic Campaign, plays pretty much identical to previous NBA Jams, 3v3, no rules other than shot clock and goaltending. The other is called Remix Tour, which is different, changing the core mechanics, rule tweaks, and camera tweaks etc. The devs didnt want to go into detail on the Remix Tour mode yet.
- Theres tons of new dunks, a new spin move that can evade the shove move.
- The faces are actual photograph captures, each character has multiple faces, 3 faces while running the court, 2 dunk faces, and a positive and negative face. (Looks hilarious.
Basically its 3d bodies with 2d heads)
- Option of motion controls or holding the wiimote sideways. Didnt see any mention of the Classic Controller
- NP provided a checklist of what is in the game:
Big Head Mode
Thats about it, looks quite solid, I didnt see any release date though
Read on:bumpkin said:Everything sounds cool except that. Classic NBA Jam is 2-on-2...
thomasos said:The game is actually 2-on-2, but likely with three players to choose from
Instro said:Whoops good call. Its 2v2, with 3 available players to pick from.
Same here. I really hope they are able to get the same announcer as the original games. That would be a-fucking-mazing!APZonerunner said:The photo/head thing just propelled this game from a "kind of interested" to a "major release" for me. I hope it has a remake of the original theme tune.
Mutagenic said:You may want to take down that Pierce pic, scanned directly from NP.
Speaking of which, I had to go buy a copy. The pictures are great, and the initial leaked picture is completely indicative of the game's style. The players' faces transform between expressions with a 'blur' to make it look more natural than an instant swap. When they perform an incredible play, they run back up with court with a goofy grin; likewise, a crybaby expression appears when they fail. The first picture in the article with Gasol, Kobe, and Shaq running up the court with LeBron dunking over top of them is hilarious. The first thing I thought of was Hangtime. It may be in 3D, but it really has the look of long, thin players and cardboard cut-outs of team benches, fans, and press row.
It really sounds like these guys believe in the original Jam product, and instantly turned down any cartoon style or added gimmicks (besides motion control, optional) not previously found in the series. Players can be substituted at halftime like before. Hidden characters and unlockable mascots are in. Flashing ball and flashing shoes are in. They added old school legends (one picture shows Larry Bird with a picture-perfect follow through from downtown). They mentioned nothing about hook shots, double dunks, lean-ins, or create-a-player. I hope they also add stat tracking for initials - win/loss ratio, PPG, OPPG, world records, etc. I'm hyped!
You too should read the info that was posted.Dacvak said:I played a bunch of NBA Jam TE today and it was just fucking incredible. That game has actually aged pretty well; it's still a ton of fun.
EA will no doubt royally fuck up the new game by making it overcomplicated.