• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA JAM

ThatGuy said:
nba+jam_0.jpg

The first NBA JAM Wii screenshot?

Looks to capture the feel of NBA JAM but in 3D. Hype +1.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Using the terminology 'remake' in conjunction with a sports game is so weird.

Detlef Schrempf and Mookie Blaylock confirmed?

Yay, NBA Jam, by new (and pretty good) people! I have faith.

It'd be funny if they include people from SSX, like Zoe and Kaori... Especially since they're probably not going to give us another one. :(

Cimarron

I was excited until until I heard it was for the Wii. :( Oh well I'll but it anyways. But they lost great opportunity for some awesome sounding achievements. :((

Alphahawk

Happy Phantom said:
I remember writing a letter to Charles Barkley about him fucking up a free-throw when I was playing this once. An actual letter to him because he messed up the free-throw. It wasn't a game losing throw, and it wasn't a particularly important moment... but we wrote a letter and mailed it off to his estate. Oh to be 19 again (21 now).

Also, Sonic Youth return or bust.

That was kinda amusing, and I could easily believe that a little kid of about 8 or 9 doing it... then you mentioned that you were 19 at the time. :(

thomasos

Hey GAF! Jam is the cover story in our upcoming issue of Nintendo Power, which subscribers should start receiving any day now. I think everyone will be pleased with how the game is shaping up. In the meantime, you can check out our Howard-tastic cover on the website.

lyre

Alright guys, like last time, keep the console bs out of the thread pls.

If you want to bomb someone, these are the guys you want to set of fiyah.

No point in complaining, it's EA and for ze Wii.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
thomasos said:
Hey GAF! Jam is the cover story in our upcoming issue of Nintendo Power, which subscribers should start receiving any day now. I think everyone will be pleased with how the game is shaping up. In the meantime, you can check out our Howard-tastic cover on the website.
When will it hit newsstands?

Do you know if it's going to have online?

I don't get this...so basically EA dumps their NBA Street games and tries to revive NBA Jam?

As others have mentioned though, NBA Street Vol. 2 was a very fun game...good times.

=/

Yeah, it's gone now.

Either that was a placeholder because of an NDA from EA, or this game involves digitized photos of heads floating on 3D bodies. :lol

methodman

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Yeah, it's gone now.

Either that was a placeholder because of an NDA from EA, or this game involves digitized photos of heads floating on 3D bodies. :lol

You gotta admit that'd be pretty fuckin hilarious. They take images of every NBA player's face, digitize them for as many different reactions as possible, and use it in game when appropriate.

GDGF

Soothsayer
methodman said:
You gotta admit that'd be pretty fuckin hilarious. They take images of every NBA player's face, digitize them for as many different reactions as possible, and use it in game when appropriate.

:lol That would be pretty fucking sweet, bordering on art.

Forkball

Something interesting I found in the ESPN article: http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4795625

Did Scottie Pippen's ratings really drop when he played certain teams or was I just the least clutch shooter every time I played Detroit? "It's true, but only when the Bulls played the Pistons," explained Turmell. "If there was a close game and anyone on the Bulls took a last-second shot, we wrote special code in the game so that they would average out to be bricks. There was the big competition back in the day between the Pistons and the Bulls, and since I was always a big Pistons fan, that was my opportunity to level the playing field.

Penguin

Sadist said:
Oftopic:

Hey, I see Sin & Punishment 2. North Americas rejoice.

Hmm there's a lot of interesting games in the magazine.
Curious if just scenarios because I see Monado and Line Attack.

Sadist

Penguin said:
Hmm there's a lot of interesting games in the magazine.
Curious if just scenarios because I see Monado and Line Attack.
Well, hoping to see a Nintendo Power topic on GAF one of these days.

botticus

Sadist said:
Oftopic:

Hey, I see Sin & Punishment 2. North Americas rejoice.
Well, they have to announce its cancellation somehow.

Looking forward to the Glory of Heracles review myself to see if I need to cancel that and reorder Sands of Destruction.

jman2050

thomasos said:

Dwight Howard. This pleases me.

If he isn't the best player in the game I will rage. His playstyle is absolutely BUILT for this game.

Top Bottom