• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA JAM

bumpkin

All I know is I just want to see some gameplay footage. It'd be nice if EA was going to tactically slip in a sneak peek sometime during the All-Star Weekend broadcasts, but I'm not holding my breath; that would make sense and be too awesome. That's not EA's style. :lol

crpav

I am really looking forward to this game since I was a huge fan of the games back in the day in the arcades as well as the home consoles. I did lose interest in the series after Tournament Edition but if this games delivers fun game play then I am in.

shagg_187 said:
Ewww? Does it really matter whether it's on the Wii or not?

This gen has pretty much shown us that outside of rare instances that console exclusives in 3rd party titles end up being commercial failures. I'd prefer to see everyone have a chance at this than just 1 system. That's all.

DiatribeEQ said:
This gen has pretty much shown us that outside of rare instances that console exclusives in 3rd party titles end up being commercial failures. I'd prefer to see everyone have a chance at this than just 1 system. That's all.

Rare instances? Not really...

Dude. this is NBA Jam. You're not getting the message, are you? It doesn't matter if it's Wii or not. They can make games like Call of Duty exclusive and will still sell as much as it's selling. Selling is not the point here, the awesomeness of the game is. I don't own a Wii either but I'm glad it's been made. I hope it's a success and they keep making more NBA Jam games. Win-win for all!

I don't give a fuck about "commercial success of failure". All I care is whether I'll enjoy it or not.

DiatribeEQ said:
good save. not.

michael_bluth.jpg

Foil

DiatribeEQ said:

Well, this is EA. Eventually there will be versions of NBA Jam for PS3, 360, PSP, etc, etc.

EDarkness

Foil said:
Well, this is EA. Eventually there will be versions of NBA Jam for PS3, 360, PSP, etc, etc.

Definitely. No idea why people are getting all upset about it. Heh, heh. Capcom and EA are the port masters.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
The embargo lifted today. Surprised no one's tallking about this.

A quick summary of new info:

Controls:

Remote + Nunchuk: Move with analog, flick remote up to jump, flick down to shoot/dunk. Buttons modify shot types.
Remote only (sideways): D-pad moves, buttons shoot/dunk/etc. No motion controls.
Classic Controller: same.

Game Modes:

Classic Campaign: Plays just like you remember it in the arcades.
Remix Tour: Powerups, boss battles, dynamic camera triggered by spectacular plays. "this would be the Dynasty mode if Nintendo were to design it."

o Magic Johnson and Larry Bird are bosses
o big head mode and other familiar goodies will be back
o Achievement system. Getting achievements will unlock goodies.
o Still no online...yet (not entirely out of the question says dev)

GamePro: Developer interview (video)
1UP: Hands on
IGN: Hands on
Kotaku: Hands on
Joystiq: Hands on
Destructoid: Hands on
5 reasons why the new NBA Jam will win you over again

Top Bottom