• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Quoting myself since it'd be nice to get some input on this:

Dammit, now I'm getting that weird texture flickering again.

Recorded a crappy phone video of it (especially look at the rocks to the left):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_o0vZzGHg

Anyone else got this problem, or know what causes it and how to fix it? As you can see, it only happens with the rock textures, and nothing else.

Here are two screenshots from the video which really show what's happening (normal first, then the flickering which lasts only a frame or two):

i3im2Ylqc50CI.png

ifvWWfa4ztrM6.png

I'll add that this only happens sometimes, and that restarting the game completely fixes the issue.

DTKT

I'll add that this only happens sometimes, and that restarting the game completely fixes the issue.

A few things to check:

1) Temperatures on the GPU. Use MSI Afterburner or a similar program to monitor the temps. Check the CPU as well.

2) GPU drivers. Update to the latest ones.

3) Reduce all the graphical options to the minimum(besides the resolution). Check if the issue persists. If it actually goes away, try a couple of specific graphical options. Texture resolution, AA, FXAA and a few others.

HoodWinked

Is it just me, or is relic value bullshit?

2012092900015.jpg
2012092900016.jpg

relics don't have hidden stats like weapons do, right? so why is the relic with the lower cooldown value worth MORE than the one with the higher cooldown? the only difference appears to be the level on the item.

insight would be appreciated.

High Roll on lvl30 blue > Low Roll on lvl41 white

hidden stats will be indicated by red text, theres some legendary relics tho.

its likely that your videocard is overheating. texture flipping or artifacting is one of those symptoms.

redhot_

Well i think my game is glitched because this Jimmy Jenkins fuck will not spawn. Been farming Hyperion areas since Friday. Worst fucking idea ever for a trophy.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
A few things to check:

1) Temperatures on the GPU. Use MSI Afterburner or a similar program to monitor the temps. Check the CPU as well.

2) GPU drivers. Update to the latest ones.

3) Reduce all the graphical options to the minimum(besides the resolution). Check if the issue persists. If it actually goes away, try a couple of specific graphical options. Texture resolution, AA, FXAA and a few others.

1. Well, I have obviously though about that, but why would it only affect the rock textures and never ever anything else? That seems like an awfully specific issue to be caused by overheating. Also, as I wrote, this is rare (it happens in about 1 out of 10 play sessions or so), and it completely stops happening if I just exit the game and start it up again. After doing that I can play for hours without it happening.

2. I'm on the latest stable Nvidia drivers.

3. Again, it goes away just by restarting the game, so I can't really check if the settings have anything to do with it.

its likely that your videocard is overheating. texture flipping or artifacting is one of those symptoms.

Yeah, but again, this seems too specific to me to be caused by that.

HoodWinked

Well i think my game is glitched because this Jimmy Jenkins fuck will not spawn. Been farming Hyperion areas since Friday. Worst fucking idea ever for a trophy.

i heard the achievement is bugged so even if you find him the all rank1 badass achievement wont unlock. cant verify.

but he can spawn anywhere i think.

Xevren

Having that Jenkins dude be a challenge is so dumb, it's not really a challenge if it's pure luck on seeing him anywhere. Dumb.

People need to take off the tinfoil hats and realize sometimes that bad design is simply bad design. There doesn't need to be a masterplan behind it.

So it's a conspiracy to acknowledge the only reason to do it this way is for marketing purposes? Oh Internet, you never fail to amuse me.

Has anybody else heard Claptraps dubstep song? It's AWESOME, hahaha.

His beatboxing is pretty epic too.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So it's a conspiracy to acknowledge the only reason to do it this way is for marketing purposes? Oh Internet, you never fail to amuse me.

The only reason you can think of. Not the only reason. Two different things. You're amusing both of us. :)

Again, it isn't like they're getting any advertisement out of the golden keys for Borderlands 2. Nobody is following it as a "story". The only thing golden keys are accomplishing is getting people signed up for Shift, people who already bought Borderlands 2.

So either the supposed plan to use it as marketing for borderlands 2 was doomed to begin with... or it never existed in the first place. I know where my money is at.

In other news why do people keep posting different level items with the higher level item having same or lower stats, a higher price than the lower level item without realizing there is obviously a built-in price modifier for level of item?

The only reason you can think of. Not the only reason. Two different things. You're amusing both of us. :)

Again, it isn't like they're getting any advertisement out of the golden keys for Borderlands 2. Nobody is following it as a "story". The only thing golden keys are accomplishing is getting people signed up for Shift, people who already bought Borderlands 2.

So either the supposed plan to use it as marketing for borderlands 2 was doomed to begin with... or it never existed in the first place. I know where my money is at.

You'd save yourself a lot of wasted words if you just admitted you're clueless about how marketing works. Here's a hint: you don't just market to people that haven't bought your product. Take it to PM if you want, but I won't be wasting anyone else's braincells trying to educate you on the very very basics of marketing in a video game biz where publishers are desperate to get people to stop trading in their games.

Between the keys, the horrible bank slot allotment, inventory size and characters being separate paid DLC (in addition to the season pass) I think Gearbox and 2K have made some really poor decisions. I will not be the least bit surprised if they offer paid DLC , separate from everything else of course, to "fix" the aforementioned issues. I really enjoy the game but I am already tired of the amount of crap they are trying to feed me and the game is barely out. Sorry if all of that sounds bitchy, I am one of those people who is most critical of the things I really like.
I can definitely understand being critical on the things you love, but most of those complaints don't seem like a big deal. Having a bigger inventory and stash would be nice, but the way it is now hasn't been an impediment whatsoever for me. Keys are something I view as a bonus, I didn't even opt to use mine until I got to near max level and then the rest at the cap; but by then I already had a killer set and the Sanctuary chest wasn't going to be much good. The character not being included in the season pass is dumb, I'll agree, but separate from that I have no problems with it otherwise.

Though the suggestion someone made that eridium should have gone to purchasing extra keys would be nice. After you get the upgrades collecting it just becomes worthless.

Story question:
So I was replaying the game and realized that the whole Firehawk storyline doesn't make any sense. Or doesn't seem to. Are we to assume Roland is the only one who knows that Lilith is the Firehawk.
Why is she disguising herself? I mean I know she's supposed to be in hiding from Jack but wouldn't a godlike fire sorcerer attract his attention?

Maybe I'm over-analyzing but it seem like a somewhat egregious plothole.

I don't think so. :p

Not sure if you're there yet, but there's a story quest that should make it so people of a certain character class can't play that part.

What I'm saying is Borderlands 2 has living horses made of diamonds and it don't give a fuck about making sense.

Gvaz

Banned
[quote="gibbed" ]
So I just investigated the Vault Hunter Relic data.

It modifies two attributes:

GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_RareWeightModifier: +0.05
GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_CommonWeightModifier: -0.06

Let's set them to +100.00 and -100.00!
emot-allears.gif

Net result: I have not seen a single white weapon drop, greens drop, seen a few blues. Nothing else.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that it shifts a 5% of your chance for whites into non-whites. Doesn't touch anything else. Very low impact, perhaps bordering on useless.
[/quote]

From the SA forums

barrin87

Just started on True Vault Hunter Mode and man my character is weak again!

Has anyone tried skipping all the side missions and just completing the story on TVHM to get better loot from missions. Is it doable solo?

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before or not since I haven't followed every page of the thread but is there any link that shows what all needs to be done to get the challenge trophy? I'm not sure if it includes getting everything like vault symbols or not since I haven't found the majority of them yet.

So people who I would be match-making with are most likely using a relic that makes them more useless in exchange for a chance at less whites. Haha.
When I was playing Diablo 2 for the first time I ignored magic find because I thought it only applied for magic quality items. Now in BL2 I've been wearing something that boosts rare drops and it's worthless. Figures.

NIN90

So why is there no goddamn town portal-ish tool in this game?
All this goddamn down time in this game. Game would drive me insane if not for my Idle Thumbs backlog.

Gvaz

Banned
So people who I would be match-making with are most likely using a relic that makes them more useless in exchange for a chance at less whites. Haha.
No, just the device as is only helps by +5%.

Changing it to 10,000% only makes it so whites don't drop, but it doesn't exactly leave you full of purples

abundant

Has anyone tried skipping all the side missions and just completing the story on TVHM to get better loot from missions. Is it doable solo?

It's doable solo,. but some, like me, find it annoyingly hard at times. Regular enemies won't be that hard, but Badass, Super Badass, and boss fights can become tedious. It's much more manageable in coop.

Goon Boon

Banned
No, just the device as is only helps by +5%.

Changing it to 10,000% only makes it so whites don't drop, but it doesn't exactly leave you full of purples

That's what I meant, and why I said less whites instead of more rare items. It's just a useless item all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom