• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 release date on PS Vita is 18th march

Wow, very pleasant surprise. Was honestly suspecting a cancellation given the radio silence on the port since its announcement. Whether it will be a good port remains to be seen, but the structure of BL seems perfectly suited to portable play.

KeRaSh

Wow, I thought they only hoped to get it out for the Vita at some point. I never knew they were actually porting this. Will definitely pick this up after I've finished inFamous SS.

shink

I thought this was going to be vaporware like the GOW collection on Vita.

Very odd there have been no images or anything on this since the announcement. Hopefully it runs ok.

mejin

I'm skeptic about this game, but I hope it's a good version.

It's the first game from Third Party Production team, right? Maybe we have more announcements this year.

Ban Puncher

It went to Vita heaven.

2GDbDoX.jpg

As I understand, Iron Galaxy are no strangers to porting games. Although, the only port by them that I have played is Scribblenauts Remix so I cannot speak for the general quality of them. I had assumed Borderlands 2 on the Vita must've become vaporware with the lack of media.

olimpia84

I was initially interested in this since I had not picked BL2 since release...until they offered it for free just a few weeks ago for the PS3. Good job Sony :p

That may be, but I still expect framerate to hover in the mid teens with more than one enemy on screen, which is unacceptable for ANY game.

Yeah, that's true. There's quite a bit happening on screen during a fire fight, especially once you start laying down some elemental damage.

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
Totally forgot this was even a thing... Can't say I have any hopes for it at all, I kinda expect this to be a hot mess.

We shall see we shall see.

Most 3D titles look like ass on the Vita. Even the ones that dont are full of jaggies and are low res.

My vita became a 2D machine after playing muramasa and Im not looking back.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The lack of media has me concerned that this is going to be another CoD BLOPS Declassified.

Number45

If you're likely to play SP only, is this any more interesting than the original? Completed it, but it was SO dull.

Please dont be
iY1fL2JJSJmdo.jpg

with 20 fps (caves) with drops down to 13 (everywhere else)
Does that have anything to do with this, other than that it's a port of a game?

IvorB

Oh wow. This is actually coming out. I don't normally play FPS games but I'm really enjoying Killzone on Vita. If this is good maybe I will get it which would also be another sale for third parties on Vita.

LAA

Nice! My platform for BL is PC now, but if it isnt....a jet watered down version on vita, I may double dip, but yeah no screens or videos has me concerned. In fact its been silent since it was announced.

IvorB

Most 3D titles look like ass on the Vita. Even the ones that dont are full of jaggies and are low res.

I'm not really sure which titles you are playing but I only play 3D games on Vita and they look great: Killzone, Uncharted, Wipeout, Soul Sacrifice etc etc...

If you wanted to play 2D titles you may as well just get a 3DS :).

I'm not really sure which titles you are playing but I only play 3D games on Vita and they look great: Killzone, Uncharted, Wipeout, Soul Sacrifice etc etc...

If you wanted to play 2D titles you may as well just get a 3DS :).

I find Killzone horrbile to play on a handheld, Uncharted is a jaggy mess, Wipeout is really low res, hard to control and 30FPS to boot, And Soul sacrfice just looks terrible all around.

The only two 3D games that have impressed me on Vita have be NGS+ and Dynasty warriors. Everything else is on a sliding scale of Mediocre to horrible.

For the life of me I dont understand the hate for indie titles on the Vita. They seem to be the only games that Actually look good on the hardware instead of paired down experiences.

If Nintendo had a proper account system and lowered prices, I probably would have a 3DS (and a NDS) by now.

Maedhros

Good for you.

I'm enjoying lots of GREAT 3D games on Vita. It's not supposed to be a console or anything. I've seen only few handheld titles looking better on iPhones (and that's because the title wasn't ported to Vita, which I'm sure it could handle).

I find Killzone horrbile to play on a handheld, Uncharted is a jaggy mess, Wipeout is really low res, hard to control and 30FPS to boot, And Soul sacrfice just looks terrible all around.

The only two 3D games that have impressed me on Vita have be NGS+ and Dynasty warriors. Everything else is on a sliding scale of Mediocre to horrible.

Gravity Rush?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yeah, not sure I believe this. There hasn't been a shred of media since its reveal and we're meant to believe it's coming in less than 2 months?

Just imagine Borderlands 2 PC footage on low. Scale it down to 480p and then scale it up to 540p.

Gravity Rush has little to no anti aliasing, so he'll probably complain about that as well while ignoring the other graphical achievements like in the other games.

That said, BL2 will probably look like shit. :p

Depends what you call an achievement. :p

These days I respect a clean image more than eye candy. Likewise I prefer a high framerate with simple graphics than a low one with all the bells and whistles.

3D games on the Vita are in this sub-par middle ground between phone games and PS360 games, which themselves are increasingly looking dated because the hardware is being pushed further than it can go.

Im not knocking anyone who feels different, but after playing Dragons crown, Muramasa, Rayman, Sound shapes, Guacamelee and a bunch of others, I really feel the Vita shines when you play 2D games over 3D ones. They may not have the same level of graphical fidelity, but they look clean, they run well and feel like true handheld games, rather than console cast offs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stupid month to launch it in. Good luck, Borderlands 2.

Top Bottom