• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 release date on PS Vita is 18th march

Bookoo

I am actually surprised they are even making this game for Vita. It is coming so late that I can't imagine many people will care about it.

The game had it tough as a super late port already, but releasing it on PS+ two months before is just the dagger. I don't see how this doesn't insta-bomb.

khaaan

Regardless of when we get it, I hope we get to see some media soon. I'm excited for the project but I need to see the compromises they make to decide if I want the game or not.

If this somehow includes all DLC, it's instabuy, though I think that cart would be prohibitively big (perhaps DLC vouchers). If not, it will depend on gameplay/impressions etc.

edit: Just saw release date error. Back to my bunker. Can we please update OP?

https://twitter.com/2KInternational/status/425610571023933441
Sm2X8mR.png

Alric

Own for the PC but have never got around to playing it. If it does finally come out to the Vita I'll get to at least give the game a try. Can't wait.

jkh33

Geez. Infamous: Second Son, MGS V: Ground Zeroes, and Borderlands 2 Vita all in the same week is too much for my wallet to handle.

Edit: No official release date yet.

Miletius

But Borderlands 2 is already a finished game that was well received...

It's best to just look at the dev in charge of this port and judge them based on their Orbis work, instead of Gearbox.

I'm just wary given that CM was also outsourced to another developer. It may be that Gearbox just doesn't have the ability to work well with others. And yes, BL2 was a decent game and I have it on PC. I'd just avoid buying until I know exactly what kind of port we are getting.

Moofers

March? Who's the wizard who came up with that date? I'll be buying Titanfall and infamous, and there's still like 3 or 4 other games I'd prioritize ahead of B2 and if I can't afford them, I'm definitely not getting this.

I don't understand why everything has to be crowded into one month. Watch this bomb and everyone will point to it as an example of how the Vita doesn't deserve AAA games.

*just saw the update. Send it back to May or something.

Nags

Banned
OMG like this, out of the blue? I thought it would take at least the whole '14 to have some news about it.

1.5 months away! Whats up with no screens or informations about it though?

Yeah. This has me worried.

EDIT: nvm, saw the recent tweet.

antibolo

Banned
Smart As was decent enough as was Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery, they were both running on the Unreal engine, just depends how people go about using it really.

Jacob was basically a smartphone game and Smart As was shovelware that only did very simple graphical stuff, and even then it had a crappy framerate (from what I remember of my 2 minutes with the demo).

Those are very different use cases compared to a AAA game like Borderlands 2.

And that's not to mention what happened to Mortal Kombat (60 FPS, but at the cost of making it look like a PSP game).

We still have no prior art of a Unreal Engine game with large environments on the Vita.

Gestault

Showing some media to give us a sense of what to expect sure would be nice.

Oh, my mistake. Their marketing division is just drunk and gave the wrong date *and* hasn't shown any media.

Kikarian

Seriously...

Now its
Titanfall
South park
Dark souls
Infamous
bL2 vita... How am i going to do this.

Need to know if saves transfer as well as dlc etc. thats included, i wont buy if i have to rebuy dlc.
Not any more. The release date was an error.

Top Bottom