• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Teaser [Update 2: First Screenshots - New Class?]

Salsa

Chesskid1 said:
ZEJ1b.jpg

Y5Iva.jpg

PIyKw.jpg
Cyberia said:

030811_borderlands2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rmOUoBmChA&

people are gonna miss it in the other thread

i dont love it, and it doesnt show anything we havent seen, but hey, its in motion.

Atomski

Not really digging this character so far.

Hopefully there will be more character customization this time round.

Orayn

I like the idea of characters using portable digistruct modules to make their weapons, just the Catch-A-Ride stations construct fresh vehicles. This means the "weapons" you're looting are really just weapon plans, which is pretty cool.

Raxus

New enemies, new environments, the gunzerker and new animations in action. Looks good. It is only a teaser after all.

Izayoi

Banned
Mediocre trailer, but that doesn't matter because IT EXISTS FUCK YES GIVE IT TO ME.

This time don't fuck us PC folk though, yeah?

Tesseract

Banned
not sold until they talk pc specifics. clientside saves have to go. gamespy has to go. the shitty interface has to go. the shitty dlc has to go.

Orayn

Tesseract said:
not sold until they talk pc specifics. clientside saves have to go. gamespy has to go. the shitty interface has to go. the shitty dlc has to go.
I'm on board with all of that except for the DLC. What was so bad about it? Sure, their release schedule was a little aggressive, but you got a pretty hefty amount of content for your tenbux.

pelican

Orayn said:
I'm on board with all of that except for the DLC. What was so bad about it? Sure, their release schedule was a little aggressive, but you got a pretty hefty amount of content for your tenbux.

The DLC was fine except Mad Moxi which was a bit boring to play. Albeit that was the DLC which gave you the bank.

Lo_Fi

Looks neat, but I'm still skeptical about it. Haven't seen anything that makes me it seem like a full-blown sequel.

If anything, this is some gorgeous art.

Really don't like the uninspired enemy designs, love the game-play changes.

As long as I get to play as the third of fourth siren, and she has a "just-as-vibrant" hair color and possibly unique attitude, I'm in.

Lets go gearbox. You're probably in my top 10 dev list. Make me proud

Unicorn

sad that Borderlands 2 is the official title.

BorderWorlds really hyped me for some fat advancements. The new additions to the game are certainly welcomed, but perhaps I expected too much to be added.

Salsa

the thing i dont like about fithing robots/cyborgs: hit-boxes

im all about the headshots or shooting enemies in specific places, shooting robots just isnt that much fun. Certainly ruined Crysis for me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That was...something. A bearded ogre duel-wielding heavy guns and shooting things like a total BA.

hopefully gearbox will have a greater focus on narrative in this one because that's totally what this series needs to evolve

Atomski said:
Gun has a hubcap on it.

Can't unsee...
Bandit Class guns. It is supposed to.

From GI web article

Bandit

Anyone who played through the first game is familiar with the bandit foes (hell, a bandit is even the primary focus of the box art). In Borderlands 2, these troublemakers have started putting together their own weaponry. They’re not the most organized or mechanically inclined group, so their selection will be notably ramshackle. Instead of a scope, a Bandit sniper rifle might feature a glass bottle. Instead of iron sights, a screw. On the plus side, Bandit guns feature the largest magazines of any manufacturer, though the increased size leads to longer reload times.

So its made of scraps from other stuff.

Tesseract

Banned
Orayn said:

valve probably would have released a lot of that stuff for free. it's not a fair comparison, i know, but it's not supposed to be.

paying for weapons, level caps, backpack slots and banks is lame.

Orayn

Snuggler said:
That was...something. A bearded ogre duel-wielding heavy guns and shooting things like a total BA.

hopefully gearbox will have a greater focus on narrative in this one because that's totally what this series needs to evolve
I, for one, can't wait to learn about how Salvador's emotionally distant stepfather made him feel like like he didn't belong, alienating him from his family and eventually leading him into a life of crime, drugs, and Gunzerking.
Also, there should be copious amounts of Gnostic symbolism surrounding the new vault hunters and their quest, preferably expressed through slowly scrolling walls of text. Such sophisticated narrative techniques are wholly necessary if the game is to be taken seriously. Dick jokes and one-liners are right out.
Tesseract said:
valve probably would have released a lot of that stuff for free. it's not a fair comparison, i know, but it's not supposed to be.

paying for weapons, level caps, backpack slots and banks is lame.
Eh, I don't really try to compare many other developers to Valve. Almost everyone is going to look bad by comparison. While I agree with you about the way they implemented the bank system, the level cap increase served a pretty specific purpose in that the DLC was really meant to serve as an extension of the endgame. They brought part of it to everyone for free, but it wasn't necessarily something you would get to with just the base game.

Tesseract

Banned
Orayn said:
Eh, I don't really try to compare many other developers to Valve. Almost everyone is going to look bad by comparison. While I agree with you about the way they implemented the bank system, the level cap increase served a pretty specific purpose in that the DLC was really meant to serve as an extension of the endgame. They brought part of it to everyone for free, but it wasn't necessarily something you would get to with just the base game.

fair points. i'm the soon to be pc indie developer guy who charges you once for his game and freely gives away whatever comes next, only for the overloaded expansion or inevitable sequel. i think everyone should look bad compared to valve, but that's me, a 25-something developer with goldsrc mod roots.

Top Bottom