• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 Won’t Be at E3 2018 according to Gearbox.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/no-borderlands-3-at-e3-1202811686/

During a press event earlier this week, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford reportedly told the gathered press that “Borderlands 3” won’t be at E3.

Pitchford addressed the media reports on Twitter Tuesday with a story about magician Todd Robbins. “He once said (paraphrased), ‘When I make something vanish (which is a magic trick, and fake), people will swear that it is real. But when I eat a light bulb (which is not magic, and is real) people will swear that it is fake — a trick,” he wrote.

“The point is that it is kind of a part of our species that we tend to hold on to what we want to believe while discounting the truth if it contradicts that — no matter the evidence. It takes a disciplined mind to see reality for what it is.

“For example, I could write it out now precisely and specifically that ‘Borderlands 3’ will not be at E3 and many of you will choose not to believe it. Many of you will find a way to interpret the intent to suit what you want to believe regardless of what is true. In fact, this aspect of human nature is so powerful that it is more likely this thread will increase the volume of the debate rather than diminish it. It feels as if ‘Borderlands 3’ may be destined to be the next ‘Half-Life 3’ in that regard.

“I love how important ‘Borderlands’ is to so many of you,” he concluded. “The developers of Gearbox Software are working harder than we have ever worked in order to create new and exciting things in hopes of entertaining you. Your passion fuels us.”

Shifty

"Borderlands 3 may or may not be at E3. Also, I'm a magician."

How's that interpretation for ya, Randy?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
How is Gearbox still operating? They haven't had a game in years. I mean, if thier last game was GTA5 then sure, they could survive but I think it was Battleborn, and they couldn't even give that away. How are they paying for the studio? Russia?

makaveli60

How is Gearbox still operating? They haven't had a game in years. I mean, if thier last game was GTA5 then sure, they could survive but I think it was Battleborn, and they couldn't even give that away. How are they paying for the studio? Russia?
Maybe that fake liar still pays them from the money that was supposed to be spent on Aliens CM :D

levyjl1988

Banned
I hope there is character customization in Borderlands 3 like Monster Hunter World, each person feels distinct from the other and it not a premade vault hunter.

Top Bottom