• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 won't have preloading on the EGS.

xrnzaaas

With EGS it's only newsworthy to write about the features the store is getting. If there's no news just assume it's missing.

Fuz

Banned
Last edited:

Virex

Banned

2F7i1WJ.jpg

Dunki

Borderlands 2 on Steam Vs Borderlands 3 on EGS
Released in 2012 - Releases in 2019
Had Pre-Load - Does not have preload
Has achievements - Does not have achievements
Has Cloud-Saves - Uncertain if it will have cloud saves
Playable on Linux - Not playable on Linux

It is fucking ridiculous that you can not even implement a single and easy pre load feture. Even Nintendo has it.

Also since this has no shopping cart you need to buy every DLC separtely. But do not buy too many at once because that can get you banned.

eot

Banned
That Psychichazard female/male/transhuman/genderless/entity/npc/God/Cthluhu/animal/Thor person is for sure fun at parties.

It means that flak does not identify as either male or female. The character designer is on record confirming this. Flak wears a badge in the colors of the non-binary awareness movement. Try Googling about non-binary gender. And direct any further queries via pm.
If you want to put your personal politics into games, that's fine, but come on, at least be a bit subtle about it. Maybe they can give him a "free palestine" badge too, or something equally setting appropriate.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Randy forgets he is from motherfucking Texas outside of acting like a city dick.

Shifty

Boy are Epic, Take Two and Gearbox triple-teaming my desire to get BL3 with all this shit. Randy in maximum shill mode.

Jesus fucking christ this is the most Epic Games thing I've ever seen.

Here everyone, have a public bug tracker so we can misrepresent what's actually being done internally under the guise of transparency.

What next, adding UE4-style public feature votes so they can continue to ignore them entirely?

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
There was no preload for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw either which is supposed to be available today and is not available today(so far).

Last edited:

sol_bad

I am not buying ANY game ever that has this exclusive deal. I have Metro Exodus sitting here on my Gamepass but I will not playing it at all. I just do not support shity developers and publishers

Correct me if I am wrong.
But I don't think the Metro Exodus developers had a say in the matter. I still think they deserve your money.

MMaRsu

Banned
I am not buying ANY game ever that has this exclusive deal. I have Metro Exodus sitting here on my Gamepass but I will not playing it at all. I just do not support shity developers and publishers

Good shit, same here man. Epic can shove these exclusive games up their asses

diffusionx

Gold Member
Nobody has adequately explained to me why I should have a worse experience just so Randy Pitchford or any other dev can make more money. Like I play games to enrich developers. I don't have a EGS account and will never buy a game from there.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Is it's complicated, either Swinney is not as intelligent as I thought or he has lost it or he is lying. I'm going with lying.

I got lucky and snagged a Borderlands 3 CE preorder but the way everything has been handled so far I'm considering canceling it and waiting

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Well Tim, how about you get with the program and actually implement features that every other Digital Store does as standard. 🤔
srsly give it some time they made a roadmap they are working towards it. Just annoyed by people screaming murder like steam is holy and shit. dear lord i hated steam when it launched.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Don't forget that they're banning people on Discord if someone misgenders the toaster.

Has there been any evidence of the bannings? All I see if this post being retweeted.

Also that same moderator

For brevity they didn’t list every single thing that the rules covers, but it does extend to them all. I know in the UK at least there’s 9 “protected characteristics” that people can take action if they’re discriminated against for. They include Sexuality, Gender and Race.

I don't think misgendering a robot counts as a reason for a third party human to say they are being discriminated against.

Top Bottom