• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

hydruxo

BL2: 5GK:
PS3/PS4/PSV: K35T3-X5HSJ-6H3K3-ZTCBJ-5BWC5
WinPC/Mac: CBCJB-K9WHH-63JTJ-B3JJB-HT533
X360/XB1: K35T3-X5HKR-3F6J6-WXBBJ-5BWTZ

BL:TPS 5GK:
PS3/PS4: 5CW3B-K3THR-Z3F53-HT5BJ-KR3C5
WinPC/Mac: 5K5BB-9JZSK-TRC3B-3JBTJ-JX556
X360/XB1: 5CW3B-K3TCJ-X9H36-CX3BJ-KR3RS

petghost

Banned
Have they messed with drop rates at all? I can't imagine bl2 without gibbing the shit I need as opposed to farming incredibly small drop rates every 10 levels.

BL2: 5GK:
PS3/PS4/PSV: K35T3-X5HSJ-6H3K3-ZTCBJ-5BWC5
WinPC/Mac: CBCJB-K9WHH-63JTJ-B3JJB-HT533
X360/XB1: K35T3-X5HKR-3F6J6-WXBBJ-5BWTZ

BL:TPS 5GK:
PS3/PS4: 5CW3B-K3THR-Z3F53-HT5BJ-KR3C5
WinPC/Mac: 5K5BB-9JZSK-TRC3B-3JBTJ-JX556
X360/XB1: 5CW3B-K3TCJ-X9H36-CX3BJ-KR3RS

Thank you.

Sadly until they fix the screen tearing and fps drops in TPS, I won't be playing any more. Haven't played at all the last few weeks. Hate the performance issues so much.

I was just hoping there would be more people still playing. I've never played online but add me if you wa t, people! PS4: cartmanpat

Have they messed with drop rates at all? I can't imagine bl2 without gibbing the shit I need as opposed to farming incredibly small drop rates every 10 levels.

Yep. They've been tweaking the drop rates for several weeks. I've had particularly good luck with this week's changes: a Sham on our first attempt and multiple Bees.

El_Chino

Do we know how future Pre Sequel DLC will be released on the PS4/XO? I don't believe we get a chance to buy a season pass.

hydruxo

More golden keys again, meant to post these two days ago but I forgot:

BL2 5GK:
PS3/PS4/PSV: WT5T3-ZW993-XHBCT-93CJJ-T5HKR
WinPC/Mac: C35JB-R9WSH-XBBJT-JJ33B-F3WFB
X360/XB1: WT5T3-ZW956-TFFBX-56BJJ-T5HK3

BL: TPS 5GK:
PS3/PS4: CKWBJ-FBB96-93F5J-HBCTJ-SRBS3
WinPC/Mac: KK5B3-35SHK-3F53B-JBTBT-RCR3C
X360/XB1: CKWBJ-FBB53-69H3R-CFBTJ-SRBXB

Do we know how future Pre Sequel DLC will be released on the PS4/XO? I don't believe we get a chance to buy a season pass.

I think they're done with TPS DLC. Claptastic Voyage was the last one. Especially since 2K Australia shut down, the only way we'd get more DLC is if Gearbox decided to step in and release some but I don't see that happening.

El_Chino

More golden keys again, meant to post these two days ago but I forgot:

BL2 5GK:
PS3/PS4/PSV: WT5T3-ZW993-XHBCT-93CJJ-T5HKR
WinPC/Mac: C35JB-R9WSH-XBBJT-JJ33B-F3WFB
X360/XB1: WT5T3-ZW956-TFFBX-56BJJ-T5HK3

BL: TPS 5GK:
PS3/PS4: CKWBJ-FBB96-93F5J-HBCTJ-SRBS3
WinPC/Mac: KK5B3-35SHK-3F53B-JBTBT-RCR3C
X360/XB1: CKWBJ-FBB53-69H3R-CFBTJ-SRBXB

I think they're done with TPS DLC. Claptastic Voyage was the last one. Especially since 2K Australia shut down, the only way we'd get more DLC is if Gearbox decided to step in and release some but I don't see that happening.

Wow, really? I was expecting the same kind of DLC treatment BL2 got.

Resseh

I think I'm going to platinum this again. Seems easy with some of the trophies auto popping due to the character transfer .. But I must have vendored my epic relic for one of the trophies :(

Haven't played much of BL2 yet, the pedant in me is going "well, you've got most of the story related trophies on the PS3/Vita, why not get them all" so that's what I'm doing. But from the times I've switched over, the difference is massive, and I'll use it to play the DLC I didn't have for the PS3 before starting another character.

Question though, what's with Borderlands 2 on the PS4 still having the Downloadable Content menu? Are they planning to release another expansion or more headhunter missions to hype up Borderlands 3 or something?

Trashbat

Any news on a patch yet?

Such a top couch co-op game with tons on content but the screen tearing during split screen is doing my head in. They said a while back this was going to get patched, but it's all gone very quiet. Think they've downed tools on it?

Kadin

Any news on a patch yet?

Such a top couch co-op game with tons on content but the screen tearing during split screen is doing my head in. They said a while back this was going to get patched, but it's all gone very quiet. Think they've downed tools on it?
Their lack of further followups on the patch is concerning. I've completely stopped playing the game and assume I'll go back once they do roll out a fix.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I've played only Borderlands 2 and frankly I'm disappointed with the final effect. The framerate drops quite a lot if you're using sniper rifle or when you're surrounded by a lot of corpses. It's not unplayable, but it's a lazy port.

I've played only Borderlands 2 and frankly I'm disappointed with the final effect. The framerate drops quite a lot if you're using sniper rifle or when you're surrounded by a lot of corpses. It's not unplayable, but it's a lazy port.

Borderlands 2 runs at an almost constant 60 fps on my old PC with a GTS 450. You would think they'd manage to hit 60 100% of the time on a ps4.

Did they ever fix the frame rate and (more importantly) screen tearing issues?

Edit: Sorry, I should learn to read first. Still, really sounds like a lazy ass port.

LycanXIII

Big update coming tomorrow.

PS4 update since it has 2 specific updates:

May 19, 2015

General

Fixed various graphical issues
Fixed menu stretching across the screen after a player quits a split-screen game
Fixed an issue where players inventories were inaccurate when multiple player’s inventories were open in split-screen play
Improved online multiplayer connectivity
Fixed various controller vibration issues
Controller Light Bar now changes color based on the equipped weapon’s elemental effect
Controller Touch Pad can now be used for navigating the map screen

Users can now exit to the game select screen using the in-game menu
Various SHiFT connectivity improvements

Borderlands 2

Added Poker Night 2 head and skin customizations
Fixed an issue where some lip sync would sometimes fail to occur in non-English languages

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Various performance improvements
Minimized screen-tearing issues
Added Zoom toggle option in the Video Options menu
Added d-pad navigation toggle (zoom/navigation) support for ECHO Menu while in split-screen
Fixed an issue where scoped weapons would sometimes break when teleporting to a vehicle in an online game
Fixed an issue where the loading screen background image could fail to appear
Addressed an issue where scoped weapons would aim off-center in two-player vertical split-screen
Fixed an issue where audio could drop out while playing in split-screen in the Claptastic Voyage DLC
Various performance improvements
Various multiplayer connectivity improvements
Fixed visual bug with one-way fast travel stations
Glitched (pink) items will now display properly in the UI
DLC mission names will now show up on LAN lobby screens
Fixed bug so that glowing portions of heads appear correctly with skins
The Baroness’ “Custom Loads” skill will no longer erroneously apply a one-damage status effect
Fixed Tassitron Engineers arc weld to fire properly at players
Character customizations will now properly unlock for The Doppelganger and The Baroness
Gun graphics and animations added back to the Grinder UI
Teleport effects will now display properly on Deck 13
Players in an active Baroness contract can now duel
Fragtraps with the “Cryogenic Exhaust Manifold” skill can now complete the “Trouble with Space Hurps” mission
Remote and split-screen players can now receive loyalty rewards
Players using the “Nuked” controller preset can now see the “Inspect” button prompt
The dialog box to purchase DLC will now properly display without having to hold the “X” button
Fixed issue so that status effect visuals and damage match in length
Fixed an issue where laser ice damage was sometimes incorrectly being dealt as shock damage
Changed time remaining format to two-digits for minutes and two-digits for seconds during timed missions
Dahl chests will no longer disappear and re-appear in Triton Flats
Fixed an issue where players did not receive loyalty rewards on certain PS3 models
Reflected laser beams will now properly display after ricocheting
Nel will now spawn and aggro properly
Players with missing backpack or bank SDU upgrade slots will automatically have additional slots added based on the number of SDU upgrades purchased
Fixed an issue where the “Moon Mission Meister” achievement would sometimes not unlock
Opha Superior is now a runnable boss
Fixed the objective "Open Door" that would uncheck and cause players to get stuck when running to Regolith Range after opening the canister door in Serenity's Waste
Fixed an issue where the Grinder would sometimes become non-functional
The Grinder will now produce items over level 50 in playthroughs one and two
Tony Slows will now always spawn during the “Now Such Thing as a Free Lunch” mission
Fixed a zombie audio issue during multiplayer sessions
Fixed an exploit with EOS and legendary loot
Players can no longer spend skill points in their own skill tree while inspecting another player’s skill tree
Gates will now close when Jailbreaker dies
Players should no longer get stuck during the “Kill Meg” mission
The Luck Cannon’s bonus damage will no longer apply to projectiles from other weapons
Inventory stats will no longer be incremented when withdrawing inventory from the bank or stash
Eghood is now on a respawn timer and is runnable without having to quit/reload
[Claptastic Voyage] Players will be able to progress when hacker bot dies during the “File Search in The Nexus” mission
[Claptastic Voyage] The HUD will no longer disappear when pausing in the on Deck 13 ½
[Claptastic Voygage] 5H4D0W-TP’s health bar will no longer linger after its death
[Claptastic Voyage] Denial Subroutine boss fight is now runnable without having to quit/reload and now has special loot
[Claptastic Voyage] Killing Eclipse now grants experience and can trigger Second Wind
[Claptastic Voyage] Players will no longer get stuck on the “The Psychology of Claptrap” mission
Button highlights on the main menu friends list will no longer get stuck after a player leaves
[Claptastic Voyage] Added Grinder recipes for Claptastic Voyage items
[Claptastic Voyage] Updated Loot bug drop pool
[Claptastic Voyage] Player characters will lines will now play when picking up H-Source
[Claptastic Voyage] Fixed an issue with 5H4D0W-TP not functioning properly on some missions
[Claptastic Voyage] A black sphere will no longer appear when the “Enter the Claptrap” mission is in the “TURN IN” state
[Claptastic Voyage] Fixed and issue where the introduction cutscene did not play properly
[Claptastic Voyage] Increased damage particle size when hitting EOS
[Claptastic Voyage] MINAC’s doors will no longer get stuck after level transitions
[Claptastic Voyage] Players will no longer get stuck by jumping in the recycling bin after pulling the lever during the “You Can Stop The Music” mission
[Claptastic Voyage] Fixed an issue where players would get stuck after leaving the map during the “Chip’s Data Mining Adventurer” mission
[Claptastic Voyage] The “Cult of the Vault” challenge in Motherlessboard now includes the proper number of Vault Symbols
[Claptastic Voyage] Fixed jump pad issues during multiplayer sessions in Claptastic Voyage
[Claptastic Voyage] Players will no longer get stuck after killing the last wave of enemies during the “File Search” mission
[Holodome Onslaught] Enemies will now always appear on the minimap in the Holodome arena

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/63845844-PlayStation-4-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

I'm still a little worried the screen tearing will be pretty terrible in both games. I guess we'll see tomorrow. One of the patch notes says "Minimized screen-tearing issues" it should be "Removed screen-tearing issues" but, hey! We'll see. However, I don't see that on the patch notes for Borderlands 2. Just the Pre Sequel. Hmph.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Glad they finally updated this. Haven't played Pre-sequel yet. Wonder if it'll fix the area in the Pirate Booty DLC that ran like absolute ass (Censorbot's place). Performance was decent aside from that. Hopefully Pre-sequel runs similarly now.

Great news, now just to wait and see how effective the fixes are before buying.

Exciting. Was getting tempted by Witcher 3, but that can wait for a sale now!

Kadin

Just booted up Pre-Sequel (on X1) and it's downloading a 7.7GB update so I guess the update is live.

Kadin

Well I'm happy to report that after about 15mins in Concordia, not a single bit of screen tearing which was very noticeable the moment I ported in before. So far so good...

Oh and still that buttery smooth 60fps.

edit: okay had a good bit more now of actual intense combat and it's still holding up. Very happy camper right now... literally.

edit2: BL2 update is about 1.5GB.

bebop242

Well I'm happy to report that after about 15mins in Concordia, not a single bit of screen tearing which was very noticeable the moment I ported in before. So far so good...

edit: okay had a good bit more now of actual intense combat and it's still holding up. Very happy camper right now... literally.

Thats encouraging. Thanks for the impressions. Looking forward to this hitting the ps4 version.

jesu

Nice looking update, I thought it was never coming.
Have already played The Pre-sequel with the screen tearing up to about level 20!

mike4001_

The Presequel is much better now.

But in Borderlands 2 the framerate is still messed up.

Seems to still be this bug where you start the game and the frame rate is just half of was it´s supposed to be. (I read this a couple of times)

Also in both BL2 and TPS when you go into the inventory the framerate still goes down to single digits.

(X1 here)

Big update coming tomorrow.

PS4 update since it has 2 specific updates:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/63845844-PlayStation-4-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

Holy shit at the fix list for TPS! (O___o)

AWESOME

You playing on PS4? I wanted to get this for TPS alone but didn't because of the performance. This patch sounds like it's made a huge improvement, I may pick this up now.

Sethesh

Neo Member
The new patch made the PS4 version SO much better.. No screen tearing + silky smooth framerate in both games (though BL2 does drop a bit here and there).

Very happy with the update!

How do I access the DLC in the Presequel and Borderlands 2? I'm almost done with Borderlands 2 and haven't come across any of the DLC content.

How do I access the DLC in the Presequel and Borderlands 2? I'm almost done with Borderlands 2 and haven't come across any of the DLC content.

It's not player-friendly. You have to start the DLC content by traveling to the appropriate waypoint. The game won't lead you there. Might want to check BL wiki for the DLC list.

Top Bottom