• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

How do I access the DLC in the Presequel and Borderlands 2? I'm almost done with Borderlands 2 and haven't come across any of the DLC content.

Yeah, i'm having this issue as well with the Presequel. Finished the main story, want to do the Claptastic Voyage but nothing is coming up. Don't remember it being this hard in BL2.

BigDug13

Yeah, i'm having this issue as well with the Presequel. Finished the main story, want to do the Claptastic Voyage but nothing is coming up. Don't remember it being this hard in BL2.

You have to fast travel there. I think the zone is "dock xxx" or something like that. The xxx is some number. I think it's a reference to the Harry Potter train platform or something.

NomadX

Neo Member
Hit a game/trophy breaking glitch in this game. Played co-op on the To Arms! quest and stuck at 50/50 progress on the quest. I need to stop buying broken games.

Nokterian

Been awhile since i played but i do saw a new patch coming by did they fix the fps issues for the pre-sequel on ps4 among other stuff?

onken

Bought this a while back and the four player split screen is an absolute blast, wish more games had it these days.

thenexus6

Dumb question, but how do I play the DLC for these games? I was on BL2 last night and on the menu was a option called downloadable content but nothing happened when i clicked on it

jesu

Dumb question, but how do I play the DLC for these games? I was on BL2 last night and on the menu was a option called downloadable content but nothing happened when i clicked on it

They are on your map when you start the game, one of those fast travel stations.

Anyone wanna give more impressions of how the XboxOne version handles now?

Would love to pick it up at some point as I sold off my PS4 version awhile back... got tired of waiting for said patch :)

El_Chino

Would love to pick it up at some point as I sold off my PS4 version awhile back... got tired of waiting for said patch :)
From what I can tell, TPS no longer has screen tearing and the framerate has greatly improved.

Anyone else think the Magic Slaughter Arena in True Vault hunter is bullshit? A level 50 and a level 56 are getting manhandled by 50s, 51s and 52s.

mike4001_

Basically both games run good.

But I still get the framerate glitch where borderlands 2 is sub 30 when starting it sometimes. A console reboot often fixes it and its "near" 60.

This is rather annoying and I hope they fix it.

And yes, the aweful tearing of TPS is gone since the patch.

Basically both games run good.

But I still get the framerate glitch where borderlands 2 is sub 30 when starting it sometimes. A console reboot often fixes it and its "near" 60.

This is rather annoying and I hope they fix it.

And yes, the aweful tearing of TPS is gone since the patch.

glorious

thank you

caved and bought this today. All the time i kept forcing myself to like Destiny, I kept thinking about my fun time with Borderlands 2 on X360. Hopefully this gives me that co-op multiplayer fix i've been wanting.

Tako

Well if anyone cares, I'm trying to lvl up my character (currently at level 46 with Zero) and someone should join me to make the day go by faster.
PSN: KingTako13

can't stop playing this game since i bought it. I forgot how GREAT Borderlands 2 is, and I've been soloing the game! Yeah, this is the Co-op multiplayer PvE experience i've been missing. Great game. Glad I got it post patch.

Wallach

So did the patch improve framerates in both games, or mostly just TPS? I felt like there were some fairly consistent drops even in BL2 during some firefights.

I'm having more connection issues with the new patch than I did before. Also, how are level 48s and 49s completely destroying a full set of level 56 gear? Basically one or two hit shields down?

Does the game level the enemies up to higher levels in TVHM without actually putting up their levels?

BigDug13

DLC content isn't highlighted, it's a part of the game
an amazing innovation by Gearbox

I wouldn't exactly call it amazing innovation. Their engine simply didn't allow for seemless open world building and instead had to be a series of "zones" which they built in a way to give the illusion of openness. Adding more zones to the fast travel list (which is simply a list of the created game zones) for DLC seemed to be the simplest way to add them.

I guess their real innovation was making the interconnections between the zones on their list feel like they're part of one big world.

ckohler

I rented this last week to try the Pre-Sequel. I enjoyed it enough that I decided to buy it. I chose to play as Claptrap. Do you guys think he makes a good enough character to play through the entire campaign with?

BigDug13

I rented this last week to try the Pre-Sequel. I enjoyed it enough that I decided to buy it. I chose to play as Claptrap. Do you guys think he makes a good enough character to play through the entire campaign with?

The cool thing about Claptrap is that his action skill is automatically tailored to the situation. So whether grouped or solo, he will choose action skills for either situation which in some ways makes him superior to some other classes. But it's reliant on what the game thinks your situation is and so he can be unpredictable. If you're a Borderlands veteran, he's a lot of fun and quite good. If you're new to it, he lacks the consistency a new player might want.

Anyone else think the connecting and online quality of this game is total shit? Like, when the host leaves, it will never stay connected to that host (like if you want to re-load the map), you'll always be kicked. It will randomly keep you from connecting to others and make you go offline and would have to restart your system to fix it (yet you're still on PSN).

So, I am guessing the oxygen and jumping mechanics are present throughout the entire Presequel? I find them to really be putting a damper on the entire experience.

GamerSoul

It's fairly old and I didn't know where else to post this so I'm posting it here.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-creator-leaves-gearbox/1100-6426732/

Matthew Armstrong, creator and franchise director of the first-person shooter series Borderlands, has left his position at developer Gearbox Software.

Armstrong announced the news on Twitter. "Things changed," he said. "No longer working at @GearboxSoftware. I will always love Gearbox, but it's adventure time."

Armstrong told Game Informer that he's not quitting out of anger and that he wasn't fired. Instead, Armstrong explained that now that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the Claptastic Voyage DLC, and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection have all shipped, he found a rare moment where he was "temporarily non-vital," and decided to leave.

"It's just time for new adventures," he said. "I'm an inventor. I'm ready to make something new. Not just new to me, but new to everyone."
ADVERTISING

Armstrong didn't say where he was headed next.

In February, Gearbox announced that is ready to start working on and is already recruiting a team for the next Borderlands game, which is being made specifically for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (and PC, presumably).

Earlier this week, we found out that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel developer 2K Australia is shutting down, letting go of all of its employees.

Just wow, this is really a big change for BL. I wonder how drastic a change BL3 will be now.

BDP

Neo Member
I just fired up the Pre-Sequel....any big tips before I get to deep into the game...must do's...etc.? Is there a Crawmerax equivalent?

I’m glad I picked this up on sale and even having finished BL2 when it originally came out, I still feel like I can go back through all the DLC and get my $$’s worth with this game.

baconcow

With 2-player split-screen co-op, does this game run 30 fps or 60 fps? I've only found sources saying 60 fps single player and 30 fps 4-player. Nothing about 2-player.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
With 2-player split-screen co-op, does this game run 30 fps or 60 fps? I've only found sources saying 60 fps single player and 30 fps 4-player. Nothing about 2-player.

iirc, 2 players is still 60fps. 3 and 4 players are 30fps.

I just beat Borderlands 2 from the Handsome Collection, and it was my first time beating the game after only making it half-way last-gen. I got sidetracked and meant to go back, but there were too many games.

I've done the Captain Scarlett DLC, and tried starting the Torgue one but it bores me. I'm level 30, so I should be able to do the Hammerlock and Tiny Tina DLCs now.

Anyone else think the connecting and online quality of this game is total shit? Like, when the host leaves, it will never stay connected to that host (like if you want to re-load the map), you'll always be kicked. It will randomly keep you from connecting to others and make you go offline and would have to restart your system to fix it (yet you're still on PSN).

Plenty of games when I played on the 360, but on my X1 I'm lucky to find 2. It's ridiculous.

Hey, that's not true!

Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I do plan to beat it eventually, but Tiny Tina's DLC takes precedence.

But you won't fully appreciate Mr. Torgue's role in Tiny Tina's DLC! :p

I know the humor isn't for everyone, but I love the Torgue DLC. Plus it's such an important DLC for players who enjoy BL endgame.

But you won't fully appreciate Mr. Torgue's role in Tiny Tina's DLC! :p

I know the humor isn't for everyone, but I love the Torgue DLC. Plus it's such an important DLC for players who enjoy BL endgame.

I failed the arena challenge the first time and got annoyed by how many enemies there were (I play solo). But I didn't play it for too long and will be going back soon. I hope to finish off the last 3 (Torgue, Hammerlock and Tina) within the next week.

Kalentan

Hey guys! I just got my Xbox One today and it came with the collection, but question is... Can I transfer PC save to Xbox One? I swore some did from PC to Vita.

Dunlop

Just saw this was on sale today for the PS4 for $35, so freaking happy (canada)

i was pissed when I missed the sale last week for $50 on the XB1 lol

Picked this up during the flash sale and I've been having a blast with The Pre-Sequel, it's amazing. I don't know why people hated on this game(even me). The Oz mechanic is fun, adds something you actually have to think about to combat scenarios, and it never really feels in the way like you think it would. It adds just enough variety to feel like classic Borderlands, but more.

Drop rates for purps and orange items are fantastic compared to the wasteland that is BL2. NPCs are a ton better with actually funny dialogue. There is some really bad dialogue as well, mostly from Jack or Jenny Springs, but enemies and random quest npcs are so much better than in previous iterations of the game. You really feel powerful in this game, thanks to the better drops I guess, but action skills also recover fairly fast, they're also really strong, jumping away and then slamming down to get people off you is a needing change to the combat. It makes things feel fresh, it's not just circle strafing or dying because too much shit is in your face. The added verticality of your movement, plus world design, gives you options you just never had before.

Technically for the most part it looks awesome and keeps a high framerate, there are situations where I've had frame drops or stutters, not due to how much shit is on the screen, but rather in wide open areas where you see too much of the world I guess while fighting something and the game doesn't know what to devote power to; the world, or the small part of it you're in, or something. It's hard to describe, but it will be like, if you move the camera the right way so the world is obstructed the stuttering stops immediately. I've also had a few bugs that were fixed just by saving and quitting, then loading again. One time I got hit by a cryo flower thing while in a Buggy at the exact moment I jumped out, and it set my movement speed to really low, and it wouldn't go away until I saved/quit and reloaded. Another was a quest enemy that wouldn't spawn because I had cleared out his zone a little bit before getting his quest, again, save/reload fixed it. Last one I can remember was with a basketball dude(this quest made me lol), he ran at a jump pad and there's an explosive container next to him, it's there for a reason later, but I blew it up before he jumped and it broke the quest so he never even jumped he just ran forward, stopped. And that was it. Save/reload fixed it.

The game has some minor issues, but overall I think it's amazing and definitely worth playing.

Top Bottom