• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Both the regular and XL New 3DS were submitted to the FCC, HUELEN got really excited

HUELEN10

Now, it's just an FCC listing and nothing more; I'm not saying that it's happening, but...
Code:
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2399288

Copy and paste; don't click if you are having issues!
BhmutOq.jpg
IT'S HAPPENING!
JDODlks.jpg

Mod Abuse:

Unfortunately for HUELEN...

Ugh, you excitable people!

This is meaningless.

Nintendo submitted both devices to the FCC back in September.

The regular New 3DS on 9/24/14 and the New 3DS XL on 9/25/14.

All that's happened here is the photos they submitted to the FCC have run out of their confidentiality period. Both of them were submitted with some aspects of the submission being confidential until 3/23/15. I think this is standard practice, they took the maximum allowable length of time for the photos to become public.

Two devices were submitted to the FCC at the same time, with photos of the device being confidential until the same later date. One device has released and the other has not. You can draw your own conclusions from there.

Peltz

Edit: those links appear to be broken, OP.

Edit 2: Cool. Nevermind. Congrats to those who waited.

Additional fake Edit: What's with those buttons?!?!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
links dont work?

have zero interest in ever buying an XL system again, honestly find games too ugly to play on it and hate the general bulk of it. new 3ds seems ideal.

What is up with those ugly button colours? Whatever, I can hopefully get someone to switch the buttons from my PAL system at some point if this does indeed get released. I'm so glad I didn't cave and get the XL.

E-phonk

Banned
direct incoming:
- new 3DS for US
- smash bros DLC + big update (available now)
- splatoon release date and local multiplayer info
- yoshi release date
- art academy (available now)

rpmurphy

Fuck, now I will have 3 new 3DS models (including the XL).

Oh wait, no, I'll have to decide whether to get this or keep my MH4U edition XL. :(

JordanKZ

Those button colours have gone from kinda cool to just... daft. Still, America didn't have the same SNES as the rest of the world. Kind of works out.

Could it be some bad photographs? By making the hue -32 on a SFC controller image I made this:
newsnesusa_zpscejj3ubu.jpg

The green is a bit off but you get the picture.
I think that's it. It's the hue. Sure makes more sense than NoA's anarchy of saying NO to Nintendo Japan's efforts at bringing back colored face buttons and standardizing them just as the Xbox and Playstation brand have with their own.

Top Bottom