• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bought a PS5 for Demon's Souls but can't stop playing Days Gone

//DEVIL//

I got Days Gone on the cheap for ps4 but just couldn't get into it on initial start, might have to give this another try when my ps5 comes around
same thing for me with it, spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima. and it was mainly because of the 30 fps. I honestly can't stand it. if I keep getting options between 30 and 60 I am always going 60.

Sorry for the enormous image. If there’s a better way to show this, tell me.

jurn-daysgonedlkjx.jpg
I getcha. Really, I do. I honestly try not to keep my nose in this stuff for too long. From reading everything on this image, some of it I look at and roll my eyes cause PC police, and sprinkled in there are things that are valid criticisms.

For anyone that has finished this game: Does this game take itself serious?

Umbral

I getcha. Really, I do. I honestly try not to keep my nose in this stuff for too long. From reading everything on this image, some of it I look at and roll my eyes cause PC police, and sprinkled in there are things that are valid criticisms.

It does take itself serious, yes, with moments of levity sprinkled in though. I hope that answers it. It’s not dead serious all the time.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Zadom

The setting and gameplay are perfect for me. Platinumed it and it may be my favorite game ever. I like to play slow and get a high vantage point and plan my actions. Then hide in the bushes with stealth kills. On my second play through on ng +. Plan on keeping on the SSD of the PS5. If you would rather play it like Doom then you may not like this game. But I can’t get enough of it.
1alcyiT.jpg

DonJorginho

Banned
Sorry for the enormous image. If there’s a better way to show this, tell me.

jurn-daysgonedlkjx.jpg
Jesus this shit depresses me, how are such delusional views allowed to be aired around freely and applauded?

I mean, we are in the same generation where mentally ill people can identify as whatever they want to and people have to accept it or they're classed as bigots and (insert any term)-phobic so the fact that society is down the shitter shouldn't surprise me.

SkylineRKR

This game is very good on PS5. Looks baller, runs flawlessly. Essentially its graphically like UC or TLOU, but then open world.

Its not really polished though, as OP says the cutscene transition is kind of jarring. Feels a notch below the likes of God of War. There are some other things that feels slightly below top quality. And you could say they took the setting and gameplay from the likes of Last of Us and Horizon. But I like it. The open world never feels safe. Packs of freakers, groups of snipers, you can be ambushed everywhere.

I just beat this a few days ago and I think it’s one of the best ps4 games there is. That said the game is buggy as hell and I feel that warrants the 70 meta critic. Story is top notch. Enemy variety is good much much better than uncharted 4 with its 2 enemies. The hordes add so much. Some of the vo on the npcs is just bad but the main characters are great. You use everything you craft which you don’t see in verymany games. I would give it a 7 only because of the tech issues and touchy bike controls. If they fixed that it’s a 9. Dont pass on this guys

SkylineRKR

Your screenshots look sharper than the experience I had on PS4 Pro. The image was pretty soft.

Its how this game looks on PS5. Its even better in motion, locked 60fps. Its the most stunning PS4 game I've tried on PS5 yet. Sadly I had GoT on disc.

Last edited:

GenericUser

I think the game is boring. Forced walking sections, endless conversations about shit I don't give a fuck about. Can't stand that shit. The pacing was just bad imo. When talking and walking takes up more time then shooting zombies, there is something wrong with your zombie game. That is my opinion.

Kerotan

I platinumed it yesterday. Took like 46 hours. 9.5/10.

So many awesome twists and turns, beautiful graphics, story and gameplay.

Favourite moment is when you ride south with boozer. Why do we keep on going? BECAUSE WHAT THE HELL ELSE WOULD WE DO!

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I gotta say I’m loving the shit outa this game as well for all the reasons you stated, the thing that surprised me the most is the detail in the open world, i mean were talking near Naughty Dog levels of detail but on an open world, every shop, garage, house etc just feels right, with the perfect amount of environmental clutter to give it that apocalyptic feel.

I love planning my routes to hit up a garage and get some much needed fuel but still have to keep my wits about me encase I get overrun and lol yeah just free wheeling down a hill in neutral feels great before slammin on the accelerator, spinning the back end out and firing away up the road feels better than any driving game I’ve played in the last loada years, it completely pisses all over GTV in that regards.

Story is great and feeds you enough little nuggets to keep someone like me happy and best of all it doesn’t force you into side missions, main character is great… yeah it’s a fucking doozey of a game and I’m only about 20-30hrs into it but man id love to be playing it on a PS5 IF I COULD GET MY FUCKING HANDS ON ONE lol even on my Pro I stop sometimes to take in the incredible vistas… and yeah.. Fuck Wolves!

p.s. you’re little write-up has got me looking forward to a sess later when the kids hit the sack

Vick wrote:
I have yet to encounter them on Survival II, but if you unlocked the IPCA gun they should't be much of a problem as long as you're fighting one at a time. I'm punishing the shit out of regular wolves at the moment.

I just looked that mission on youtube. It's called Keeping Souvenirs. There like 8 or 9 runners in a smallish close quarter combat cave. I think that one took me at least 20 tries to clear. Everything else I beat without too many retries.
I kinda wanted to start a new game on Survival ll and not new game+ for a real challenge. But the lack of fast travel has me worried the game may take forever.

imsosleepy

Yep. I have been absolutely baffled by the critics for several games. This game was by no means the first game sent to an early death by the critics.

I would suggest you go back and replay several other games that were poisoned by the critics.

- Anthem - Great Fucking gameplay. if you liked Mass Effect, you will love the combat here. Especially in the end game when you start making builds. it is NOT a 54 game like metacritic says. I would say its better than Destiny was when it first launched though lack of raid really hurts. Still a good 50-60 hours of great combat to be had.
- Mass Effect Andromeda - Mocked by both critics and bandwagon haters for bad animations, but it's one of the better WRPGs of this gen. Again, fantastic combat and unlike Anthem it actually has a great cast of characters, fantastic loyalty missions and a great fucking ending that rivals Mass Effect 2's suicide mission.
- Metal Gear Survive - Fuck Dunkey and Angry Cunt Joe. People who hate play games and dont really play them for great combat. it's got the great MGS combat but with some really satisfying melee, and an incredible base building system that makes it feel like a completely different game than MGS5. It's survival horror but because of MGSV mechanics, its far better than any survival horror game you would play.
- Detroit - 78 metacritic is laughable for this incredible experience. Easily the best in the genre and some of the best graphics ever.
- the Last Guardian - 82 lol. This is a masterpiece despite some camera issues. It's a GOTY contender not a run of the middle low 80s game. Halo 5 and Gears 4 have a higher metacritic. give me a fucking break.
- Death Stranding - 82 again. What nonsense. Another masterpiece in game design.

These critics are nuts and gamers keep falling for this nonsense.
Game critics now days have trouble reviewing a game FOR THE GAME IT IS
Seriously they just cant do that. they give detroit only a 78 because they rarely play a game like that and therefore cant seem to review it for what it is.
Then a game like death stranding. I was so baffled by the things people said in their reviews. Only a few people were actually able to review the game for what it was and not for what they hoped it was going to be or what it was not..

tassletine

The game is very good and probably got marked down for the same reasons LOU2 got marked up.

It's a bit rough around the edges in the story dept (especially at the beginning) and I can imagine that you could think it was so so, if you didn't get very far.
But all in all it offers a greater variety of gameplay than most open world titles, and as you said has a lot of thought and effort put into it. It's not cookie cutter, even if it does borrow elements from other games.

Kabelly

should try the motion sensor aim Imo if you don't like the gunplay. I didn't use focus for my whole okay through because of it.
Makes the gun play more fun too.
Days Gone is a great game and you're lucky you're experiencing it on a strong system.

I'm not sure how much you have played but it could be a bit over 2 hours closer to 3 until it really opens up a lot better.

I certainly remember it starting off slow and being like I dunno about this.. I'm biased with this game though because in real life I'm a motorcycle rider and I shoot guns for competition so a biker zombie shooter was right up my alley lol.
I'm about 2 hours in. I'll probably return to it one day soon. Seems like I need to give it more of a chance

Thirty7ven

Banned
It’s a great game and the final twist leaves the hope that this might become as big as the Resident Evil franchise.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
If developers pander to these people, it's going to ruin gaming.
It's too late mate, i'm afraid.

The setting and gameplay are perfect for me. Platinumed it and it may be my favorite game ever. I like to play slow and get a high vantage point and plan my actions. Then hide in the bushes with stealth kills. On my second play through on ng +. Plan on keeping on the SSD of the PS5. If you would rather play it like Doom then you may not like this game. But I can’t get enough of it.
1alcyiT.jpg
This. Give me immersive, slow and methodic sandbox which plays this good and is so unpredictable and i'm an happy child.
But even if you want to take the Doom approach the challenges and 40 hordes are there just for that as you're literally Rambo by the end of this game. I will never get tired of obliterate the shit out of hundreds of enemies using things like the auto shotgun right out of The Expendables, RPD but especially the Growler which is one of the most OP and exhilarating things i've EVER seen in a game.
By the end of the Black Friday Challenge i'm always:

PFtgmKW9EQ8slIe5rynbdULFuAqY16Wxuh7tRKDMnVqAlxEHmh_fQQOgediPZikjTkWtrZxyIdCdWQrRSIw7r_x_T-USZAQUmpcQzVH_CueY68ls7dwM-j5K8tYRhaEzkjyWGIqqoVgP2GVsqGP60XLtOt8pow

E42622D39EB78DEF16E5C2A4176818D5D468C627

Awesome screen btw, that's how i imagine the sequel looking like.

This. Wish more studio could master this.
I agree, but i guess that kind of flow it's a nigtmare to develop.

Your screenshots look sharper than the experience I had on PS4 Pro. The image was pretty soft.
Those screens are heavily compressed though, the PNG ones look way sharper.

Damn you can´t stop playing a mediocre game vs a masterpiece?
That's the point, i expected a mediocre game. But there's actually nothing mediocre in here. Things go from above average (if we consider Ubisoft games average) to absolutely exceptional, like in case of controls, hordes, driving or the way the world is crafted and designed.

I gotta say I’m loving the shit outa this game as well for all the reasons you stated, the thing that surprised me the most is the detail in the open world, i mean were talking near Naughty Dog levels of detail but on an open world, every shop, garage, house etc just feels right, with the perfect amount of environmental clutter to give it that apocalyptic feel.

I love planning my routes to hit up a garage and get some much needed fuel but still have to keep my wits about me encase I get overrun and lol yeah just free wheeling down a hill in neutral feels great before slammin on the accelerator, spinning the back end out and firing away up the road feels better than any driving game I’ve played in the last loada years, it completely pisses all over GTV in that regards.

Story is great and feeds you enough little nuggets to keep someone like me happy and best of all it doesn’t force you into side missions, main character is great… yeah it’s a fucking doozey of a game and I’m only about 20-30hrs into it but man id love to be playing it on a PS5 IF I COULD GET MY FUCKING HANDS ON ONE lol even on my Pro I stop sometimes to take in the incredible vistas… and yeah.. Fuck Wolves!

p.s. you’re little write-up has got me looking forward to a sess later when the kids hit the sack
Every single thing you wrote, with that name and avatar..

giphy.gif

I just looked that mission on youtube. It's called Keeping Souvenirs. There like 8 or 9 runners in a smallish close quarter combat cave. I think that one took me at least 20 tries to clear. Everything else I beat without too many retries.
Yeah i perfectly remember the mission, only played that on Hard but i don't remember fighting more than two at max at the same time, and you can get some kills from behind the holes. If you're in NG+ just melee one with some OP weapon crafted from the late game and kill the one left with the IPCA gun, if you like to spare ammo. Otherwise just obliterate the shit out of them with the auto shotgun. But as i said i've yet to enocounter them in Survival II.
What gave me problems the first run was the Chemult Horde, that really took me alot of tries and lasted forever especially because i always try to be as efficient as possible and waste the least possible amount of things.

Days Gone is a great game and you're lucky you're experiencing it on a strong system.
I feel lucky, but also sad for not supporting the game at launch.

Btw as soon as my sister in law is done with Astro's Playroom i'm trying the crap out of the motion sensor.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I think a PS5 version would absolutely be the best way to play it. I've said for a while, but the game is very underrated. On PS4, the load times are atrocious, and by the style of the game, playing at 30fps on top of a controller aiming just isn't ideal. On the PS4, the gyro-aim helps a bit, but it's not as tuned as it should be. Glad the PS5 version is good. It's a really fun game and I absolutely agree about the weather system. It feels like the game on PS4 got 86% of the way to the goal and then kinda didn't really pull it all together, and a good majority of the issues feel technical.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It does, and most of the time it is corny as all hell.. to the point of it being entertaining because it's funny. Some of the bro-y biker stuff in particular. The game right from the start is way overly serious in the first scene with characters you've never met, which is a bit offputing.

BUT.... a few of the serious scenes are some of the best I've ever seen in a game.

The romance aspect is by far the worst; I skip most of the cut scenes with the wife and honestly the worst part about the game is all the segments where they force you to walk and talk to her, or ride your bike slowly around with her. Occasionally those kind of sequences are skippable, but not always. At least cut scenes are always skippable.

Still my game of the generation, but Sony does not get enough shit for their boring as fuck unskippable segments in their games.. they have several games with unskippable cutscenes, and it's barely forgivable to me (only is because the games are otherwise great, outside of their terrible boring segments.) Every fucking game of their's has "missions" that involve walking and talking to.. it's super aggravating. If I was a reviewer I would use my platform to seriously dock their game scores over it.

The last time I played Days Gone I actually have been demotivated to get back to it because I ended up with like 3 missions in a row that were "follow me while we talk" missions, and it was like my entire evening gone for the most boring drivel imaginable.

Last edited:
I am NEVER going to care about reviews ever again in my life, it's a promise.

There's not really much to say, i can't recall the last time i was this hooked to a game.. i thought it was a matter of age at this point but fuck me i'm still a child apparently because this is making me feel the urge to play more like it only happened years and years ago. The last time i felt truly addicted to a game was probably with Oblivion, previously San Andreas and even previously Pokémon Yellow. I wake up wanting to play more, think about the game when i'm not home, hell, even writing this right now feels like i'm wasting time.
What a game.. you can so easily tell the team put their hearts and souls into this. Six fucking regions of extremely carefully designed areas down to most intimate details, sublime controls for both Deacon and bike (the Metacritic score difference between RDR2 and Witcher 3 and Days Gone is so laughable it should be a meme), every single moment of traversal can be super tense, meaningful skill three, meaningful upgrades, meaningful weapons unlocks, meaningful map and camp clearing, and unlike those games there's something completely unique here, such as hordes.. There's no game like this.

I ain't got much time so here a summary.

The Good:
• Game controls amazing and look as good as a ND game in terms of animations. Feels much better than TLOU2.
• The bike feels super good to handle, heavy and realistic but incredibly fun especially fully upgraded, almost like a Motorstorm successor. So good even going downhill in neutral to spare gas feels amazing.
• Gameplay is constantly engaging for a reason or another. Can turn from 0 to 100 in matter of seconds, anytime.
• Hordes are pure adrenaline rush. Always.
• There's a shit ton of traps and bombs or special ammo that you can craft so the planning potential is literally infinite, a true sandbox of opportunities.
• Locations, locations, locations. Oregon is a such a stunning place and every inch of this world is crafted with love and care.
• The story is actually interesting and features some really well written characters (and i could't give a single shit about bikers and such).
• You can actually “mark your territory” in this world, the game remember which car you opened and things you looted so you always know which area you've explored already (the game is designed well enough that each location feels unique, but it's still super welcome and something i'd want in every open world).
• The campaign is so long it feels like two games packed into one, like a multi season TV series. The game is immense.
• The game itself, in terms of characters, story and influences feels like something out of the 90's, completely detached from what the industry and media in general is now and i can't express how much i loved that.
• The secret ending got me good and i really liked the unique take on "zombies".
• Missions are varied enough and fit well into the lore.
• You can grab or craft a melee weapon and still chose to use your pocket knife whenever you want (you heard that ND?!)
• Best open world graphics i’ve ever seen. Dynamic PCSS on consoles.. why on Earth there’s no mention of this on the Internet is blowing my mind. Naughty Dogs struggling with simple static shadows in daytime and this game is flexing with flawless dynamic PCSS in an open world and still features the little touches seen in ND games like the character proximity occlusion and even a simplified version of the dynamic GI from the torch, game is a pleasure to the eyes, UE fully redeemed.
• A real and proper weather system which also affect gameplay in various forms, and only game i've ever seen with dynamic snowfalls which transform the environment in real time.
• Challenges are hard as hell but super, super fun. And rewards are applied to the main game (and even seen on Deacon jacket) and that's simply awesome.

The Bad:
• Gunplay is only serviceable. Spraying hordes with machine guns feels amazing but forget about precision without using focus. Well not really as i have a Gold patch for the headshot challenge without focus, but it’s not a strenght and takes too much time to be reliable.
• Golf buggy in that one challenge doesn't control nearly as good as the bike.
• I predicted a story beat.
• Fuck wolves. Seriously, fuck them. When they silently follow your bike just to suddenly attack from behind as soon as you get off.. i love my heart going crazy during hordes but fuck those heart attacks out of nowhere.

The Ugly:
• Transitions from cutscene to gameplay look dated.
• Lack of AI options. Don't get me wrong, encounters are fun and all enemies try flanking maneuvers (even hordes), and probably i wouldn't want to play agaist smarter enemies, but customized options like TLOU2 would be more than welcome at least for human enemies.
• I hate the lack of HUD options. I've only learned about dynamic HUD in Survival mode during the middle of my Hard playthrough and that bothered the shit out of me.
• The directional audio is completely unrealiable.
• The awful bugs present in game when it shipped and the terribad performances on base PS4. These are things I've only heard about though.

Been playing nonstop since i got my PS5, i am now in the middle of my second playthrough on Survival II and i feel like i'm not going to stop anytime soon. My favourite Sony exclusive possibly ever, by far the most underrated game i've ever played (the two Golden Joystick Awards for Best Storytelling e PlayStation Game of the Year were super deserved at least).
I am sure the entire Copeland character with his love for the Second Amendment (and the 2nd Amendment skin for your bike) and all the truth pills (more like atom bombs) spoken on Radio Free Oregon, or the fact the only lesbian character in this game is actually bisex and lust for our male alpha character and even tries to cheat her girlfriend with him are just some of the things which definitely didn’t triggered lots of reviewers.

I know most of what i posted sounds crazy hyperbole, but never in a million years would i have imagined the game being this good.
Granted i love zombies, love Mad Max, love The Walking Dead, love Alan Wake environments and love TLOU/Uncharted combat (this is mostly TLOU but while shooting is worse than Uncharted 4, but much better than RDR2, it's also part Uncharted because of the fluidity of the flow roll-melee-shooting) and this is a perfect mix of them all.
The fact i haven't given Bend Studio money for this game is giving me pain however so i will buy it full price as soon as i can and i'll even try to find a Collector's Edition separately. Surpassed GoT, W3 and Mad Max as favourite game from the previous gen.
Don't know how much the Dualsense and PS5 performances affected my opinion, but that's it.

And i swear, the game looking like this is just a little bonus.

16UFzQD.jpg

UXwO3uY.jpg

fHtHQAb.jpg

zPMgxWU.jpg

dV3p2pR.jpg

bWcka1E.jpg

LDS79Eu.jpg

XaDkVKn.jpg

uLEG0It.jpg

Was going to post way more captures but i just realized Imgur is compressing the living shit out of 4K pictures making them look like crap, so fuck that for now.

P.S. Bend Studio wrote "From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for playing" at the end of the credits, but if someone from the studio is reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this unforgettable journey possible and for every effort in making this dream game a reality. :messenger_heart:

I'd like To think you're having the benefit of playing it on the PS5.

It ran pretty poorly on my OG PS4 and that really sucked the joy out of playing the game for me :/

I'm really hoping to have a proper go at it once I get a PS5.

Got to the desert-ish area and decided I couldn't stand the stuttering while riding my bike to a location.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
No PC rumors for this one? (Don´t have a Ps5)

Been very interested in the game but i can´t stand 30fps.

Of all Sony's output last gen, DG is the one that should port the easiest to PC. Unreal engine, just online scoreboards so no MP to unhook from PSN... Its basically found money for them if they choose to port it. The only downside I guess is that its a long game and it was always prone to scripting bugs cropping up, so QA would need to be on-point.

On Pro it held 30fps pretty well so I can't say the framerate ever bothered me, but obviously the game works perfectly at 60 (likely higher) so its not really an issue.

Jokerevo

Banned
I am NEVER going to care about reviews ever again in my life, it's a promise.

There's not really much to say, i can't recall the last time i was this hooked to a game.. i thought it was a matter of age at this point but fuck me i'm still a child apparently because this is making me feel the urge to play more like it only happened years and years ago. The last time i felt truly addicted to a game was probably with Oblivion, previously San Andreas and even previously Pokémon Yellow. I wake up wanting to play more, think about the game when i'm not home, hell, even writing this right now feels like i'm wasting time.
What a game.. you can so easily tell the team put their hearts and souls into this. Six fucking regions of extremely carefully designed areas down to most intimate details, sublime controls for both Deacon and bike (the Metacritic score difference between RDR2 and Witcher 3 and Days Gone is so laughable it should be a meme), every single moment of traversal can be super tense, meaningful skill three, meaningful upgrades, meaningful weapons unlocks, meaningful map and camp clearing, and unlike those games there's something completely unique here, such as hordes.. There's no game like this.

I ain't got much time so here a summary.

The Good:
• Game controls amazing and look as good as a ND game in terms of animations. Feels much better than TLOU2.
• The bike feels super good to handle, heavy and realistic but incredibly fun especially fully upgraded, almost like a Motorstorm successor. So good even going downhill in neutral to spare gas feels amazing.
• Gameplay is constantly engaging for a reason or another. Can turn from 0 to 100 in matter of seconds, anytime.
• Hordes are pure adrenaline rush. Always.
• There's a shit ton of traps and bombs or special ammo that you can craft so the planning potential is literally infinite, a true sandbox of opportunities.
• Locations, locations, locations. Oregon is a such a stunning place and every inch of this world is crafted with love and care.
• The story is actually interesting and features some really well written characters (and i could't give a single shit about bikers and such).
• You can actually “mark your territory” in this world, the game remember which car you opened and things you looted so you always know which area you've explored already (the game is designed well enough that each location feels unique, but it's still super welcome and something i'd want in every open world).
• The campaign is so long it feels like two games packed into one, like a multi season TV series. The game is immense.
• The game itself, in terms of characters, story and influences feels like something out of the 90's, completely detached from what the industry and media in general is now and i can't express how much i loved that.
• The secret ending got me good and i really liked the unique take on "zombies".
• Missions are varied enough and fit well into the lore.
• You can grab or craft a melee weapon and still chose to use your pocket knife whenever you want (you heard that ND?!)
• Best open world graphics i’ve ever seen. Dynamic PCSS on consoles.. why on Earth there’s no mention of this on the Internet is blowing my mind. Naughty Dogs struggling with simple static shadows in daytime and this game is flexing with flawless dynamic PCSS in an open world and still features the little touches seen in ND games like the character proximity occlusion and even a simplified version of the dynamic GI from the torch, game is a pleasure to the eyes, UE fully redeemed.
• A real and proper weather system which also affect gameplay in various forms, and only game i've ever seen with dynamic snowfalls which transform the environment in real time.
• Challenges are hard as hell but super, super fun. And rewards are applied to the main game (and even seen on Deacon jacket) and that's simply awesome.

The Bad:
• Gunplay is only serviceable. Spraying hordes with machine guns feels amazing but forget about precision without using focus. Well not really as i have a Gold patch for the headshot challenge without focus, but it’s not a strenght and takes too much time to be reliable.
• Golf buggy in that one challenge doesn't control nearly as good as the bike.
• I predicted a story beat.
• Fuck wolves. Seriously, fuck them. When they silently follow your bike just to suddenly attack from behind as soon as you get off.. i love my heart going crazy during hordes but fuck those heart attacks out of nowhere.

The Ugly:
• Transitions from cutscene to gameplay look dated.
• Lack of AI options. Don't get me wrong, encounters are fun and all enemies try flanking maneuvers (even hordes), and probably i wouldn't want to play agaist smarter enemies, but customized options like TLOU2 would be more than welcome at least for human enemies.
• I hate the lack of HUD options. I've only learned about dynamic HUD in Survival mode during the middle of my Hard playthrough and that bothered the shit out of me.
• The directional audio is completely unrealiable.
• The awful bugs present in game when it shipped and the terribad performances on base PS4. These are things I've only heard about though.

Been playing nonstop since i got my PS5, i am now in the middle of my second playthrough on Survival II and i feel like i'm not going to stop anytime soon. My favourite Sony exclusive possibly ever, by far the most underrated game i've ever played (the two Golden Joystick Awards for Best Storytelling e PlayStation Game of the Year were super deserved at least).
I am sure the entire Copeland character with his love for the Second Amendment (and the 2nd Amendment skin for your bike) and all the truth pills (more like atom bombs) spoken on Radio Free Oregon, or the fact the only lesbian character in this game is actually bisex and lust for our male alpha character and even tries to cheat her girlfriend with him are just some of the things which definitely didn’t triggered lots of reviewers.

I know most of what i posted sounds crazy hyperbole, but never in a million years would i have imagined the game being this good.
Granted i love zombies, love Mad Max, love The Walking Dead, love Alan Wake environments and love TLOU/Uncharted combat (this is mostly TLOU but while shooting is worse than Uncharted 4, but much better than RDR2, it's also part Uncharted because of the fluidity of the flow roll-melee-shooting) and this is a perfect mix of them all.
The fact i haven't given Bend Studio money for this game is giving me pain however so i will buy it full price as soon as i can and i'll even try to find a Collector's Edition separately. Surpassed GoT, W3 and Mad Max as favourite game from the previous gen.
Don't know how much the Dualsense and PS5 performances affected my opinion, but that's it.

And i swear, the game looking like this is just a little bonus.

16UFzQD.jpg

UXwO3uY.jpg

fHtHQAb.jpg

zPMgxWU.jpg

dV3p2pR.jpg

bWcka1E.jpg

LDS79Eu.jpg

XaDkVKn.jpg

uLEG0It.jpg

Was going to post way more captures but i just realized Imgur is compressing the living shit out of 4K pictures making them look like crap, so fuck that for now.

P.S. Bend Studio wrote "From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for playing" at the end of the credits, but if someone from the studio is reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this unforgettable journey possible and for every effort in making this dream game a reality. :messenger_heart:

Fine
You've convinced me. This goes back to the top of the backlog pile.

Vick

Gold Member
Did you hear the lead devs from Sony Bend left?

Days gone alright
tlbDbDY.gif

Thanks for ruining my day.
Three days ago, also, wtf have they done till now?
Oh well, there it goes, not looking forward to the sequel at all. If they left now that the production started there is a reason.

tlbDbDY.gif

Thanks for ruining my day.
Three days ago, also, wtf have they done till now?
Oh well, there it goes, not looking forward to the sequel at all. If they left now that the production started there is a reason.

Could be any reason under the sun (or rain)

bitbydeath

It really is quite amazing that one of if not THE best looking game of last-gen (and with the most going onscreen at once) can reach 4K/60FPS on a console.

Randum

Neo Member
I totally passed this game but think I'll give it a whirl after I finish up Demon Souls - which is fantastic on the PS5 btw!

Days Gone is one of those gems that I felt bad for not supporting on day one. It's an amazing piece of work that was made out to be something it wasn't. Having it at 60fps is really a blessing, and fully does it's sweet visuals some justice.

Top Bottom