• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bought an Xbox One X for $125 today, yes really, wanted to know….

BlackTron

A good way to get into the ecosystem at a low price. If/when you upgrade later, you can still keep it as an extra local MP box for Halo.

At least, that's what I'd do. If you can give me a bunch of Xbox One X's at that price, I'll have a LAN party at my place lol.

So had a lowly One S

Saw someone on Marketplace offering an Xbox (they didn’t know what kind. I did) with two Microsoft pads for $125

Got it fast as I could

Should I hang onto it for a while? I’m currently starting Cyberpunk on it (played some on PC at launch)

Wanted to try the new patch and honestly it’s a fun game. Badass music too.

Hang onto it? Resell?

Could easily resell and get a Series S, but then I’d be jammed up into only digital and no discs.

What say you NeoGaf?
Now you should trade the xb1x in to gamestop for $225 and put it towards a Series X. I just did that a few days ago they were in stock for the console + $50 gift card "bundle". No regrets here the series x is awesome so far. Quick resume is the bomb, performance in most games is better than ps5 (doom eternal has better ray traced shadows than ps5 and looks sharper with better AF), the system is very snappy navigating, and u have the best versions of a lot of games + bc compared to 1x. Do it

Only thing about Series x I'm not thrilled about is Halo infinite and its graphics. I was expecting way more with that game. It doesn't even feel locked to 60 fps. 343 wtf

New engine + new 12 tf console + many years of dev time= a pretty but static open world which doesn't look much better than the xb1x version, has no ray tracing that was promised, only one biome which gets old, and some really last gen looking explosions and particle effects. My disappointment with Halo is real.

Halo should always be a tech showcase. Even Halo 5 at the time it came out impressed more.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Looks like a fantastic deal, but I would have probably questioned why it was so good. How did someone end up with a higher-end One X and custom coloured controller/s, wanting a quick sale and not know they could probably get that amount or more in a shop?

I'd be concerned it was stolen, or someone's x-partner illegally selling off their stuff. The buyer is the loser if goods get reclaimed AFAIK, but hopefully it was just parents selling off their bad kids stuff.

ReBurn

Gold Member
One X is a great system and $125 is a good price for it. You could probably flip it with the controllers and make a profit. For a lot of games it does a better job than Series S, but after gaming on Series consoles I find the load times on my One X increasingly unbearable.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You're $125 closer to experiencing Lococycle.

Series S is probably your next goal. You can decide whether to sell the One X or not.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
No new native first party games and sub-par third party support for last gen would be my guess?

If you need a 4k blu ray player in a spare room I’d say keep it 100%, but if the primary focus is gaming I couldn’t go back to HDDs. My One S used to take about 60 seconds to cold boot.

I’d rather have the Series S even without the disc drive and storage situation.
Is it official that at the end of 2022 then there won't be more last gen games?

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I don't think MS has any more first party games for Xbox One, but you could stream them through Gamepass Ultimate on your One X.

Keep the One X while trying to scope out a Series X. Series S would only be worth it IMO if you were still stuck on One S. I was lucky enough to secure a Series X at launch, and because retail doesn’t really sell Xbones and PS4s anymore, I was able to sell my One S for $220. You could recoup like half the price of the Series X if you sold the One X within the next year I bet.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Its a great console, it was beefy as fuck when it came out in 2017 and it will still make your games look sharp in 2022, as for how they will run…well if you want a better cpu, id go for a series s or series x, you may get higher resolutions out of a one x, but the series s is much faster and will give you more frames

Top Bottom