Boy Scouts of America allows two all-girl troops to form in Central Alabama

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) -- The Boy Scouts of America welcomed the establishment of Troop 86 in Vulcan and Troop 219 in Helena on February 1st. But these two troops are different -- no boys, all girls. The first two of their kind in Central Alabama.

With the formation of these two troops, a debate has taken hold. Some think this compromises the central mission of the Boy Scouts, whereas other believe it gives girls new opportunities that they never had before.
I don't understand why the Girl Scouts can't simply incorporate more activities into their club, rather than make their own "Boy Scouts" troop. It's nonsense.

https://www.counton2.com/news/natio...kp8bMShQMB18gUKhxj6lxG1I4ehbw1Cj4YI1_4BkY6-xw

Feb 21, 2018
someone corrected me on this, but isn't it the girls scouts that is the issue. Its not girls demanding to be in the boy scouts its something that the girls scouts can't accomodate what these girls want or something.

At least thats what I vaguely remember someone correcting me when I said girls wanted to become members of the boy scouts.

Dec 8, 2018
Kentucky
someone corrected me on this, but isn't it the girls scouts that is the issue. Its not girls demanding to be in the boy scouts its something that the girls scouts can't accomodate what these girls want or something.

At least thats what I vaguely remember someone correcting me when I said girls wanted to become members of the boy scouts.
My 2 oldest were Girl Scouts and all they did was sell cookies and strategize on how to sell more cookies with the occasional arts and craft project. In comparison their cousins were in the Boy Scouts where they were going camping, fishing, kayaking etc. So i would agree that the fault lies with the GSA but the answer was instead of fixing what was broken they forced coed which eventually, as we are seeing, leads to exclusivity.

Feb 21, 2018
My 2 oldest were Girl Scouts and all they did was sell cookies and strategize on how to sell more cookies with the occasional arts and craft project. In comparison their cousins were in the Boy Scouts where they were going camping, fishing, kayaking etc. So i would agree that the fault lies with the GSA but the answer was instead of fixing what was broken they forced coed which eventually, as we are seeing, leads to exclusivity.
I think thats what it basically came down to. It wasn't so much girls wanting to force to become boy scouts, it was that GSA was pretty much crap.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Sounds like they need to make Girl Scouts better, not ruin Boy Scouts.

Dec 8, 2018
Kentucky
Sounds like they need to make Girl Scouts better, not ruin Boy Scouts.
That's exactly what needed to happen but instead they decided to push into BSA cause it was sexist to exclude girls. I haven't been involved in scouts in some time but i definitely don't envy the adults who have to now plan events while maintaining separation of the sexes.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
That's exactly what needed to happen but instead they decided to push into BSA cause it was sexist to exclude girls. I haven't been involved in scouts in some time but i definitely don't envy the adults who have to now plan events while maintaining separation of the sexes.
But GSA doesn’t accept boys 🤔

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2014
I mean yeah they are changing their whole image. Last I heard they still considering bankruptcy after all the sexual assault lawsuits with some those mixed with our new fav topic clergy abuse.

Sep 4, 2018
i think it's cool. in fact, it's funny cos the Boy Scouts are more progressive than the Girl Scouts at this point. i don't think they allow boys into Girl Scouts.

also, good on Alabama! maybe the south isn't so regressive as the media likes to say

Jan 26, 2009

Let’s be honest what do most moms know about camping. There are outliers but most don’t want to camp with their daughters.

Dec 3, 2013
i think it's cool. in fact, it's funny cos the Boy Scouts are more progressive than the Girl Scouts at this point. i don't think they allow boys into Girl Scouts.

also, good on Alabama! maybe the south isn't so regressive as the media likes to say
Headlines in a decade:

The Rise of Pre-Teen/Teen Pregnancy in the Boy & Girl Scouts of America.

Jun 20, 2018
Idiotic, girl scouts already exists not to mention this kinda crap is what forced them close to bankruptcy in the first place you have entire religious communities pulling out their kids because of stuff like this.
The idiots didnt learn a thing.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
It's kinda shitty if the Girl Scouts organization purposely refused to add the kinds of activities that the Boy Scouts are known for. Did they feel like it would eat into their cookie sales? Why did they refuse to give little girls what they are currently wanting from the Boy Scouts? The Girl Scouts seem to be the actual villains in this tale.

I don't really understand why girls need their own separate groups to finally get these activities, though. It kinda sounds like a situation where the Boy Scouts have to let girls in, but the all-girl groups within the Boy Scouts don't have to let any boys in. It's a weird area and it's not crazy to assume that any group that wanted to be all-boys would be shunned while this is celebrated.

Feb 21, 2018
Heres one more to confuse us all. Have a transgirl join the all girls troop within the Boy Scouts.

So we could have a boy who identifies as a girl, joining the all girl group within what was an all boys association. thats a real SJW pretzel bender.

Oct 30, 2017
War on men continues. Leftists believe any boys club breeds toxic masculinity, therefore by putting girls into the club, it will dilute the toxic masculinity. As usual, they’ll give some pathetic excuse about inclusivity, progressivism and throw in some discrimination narrative for good measure just so you can’t oppose their agenda.

My issue is why do people yield to leftists demands. Let them screech all they want, stop letting them instil guilt and bully you into doing things against your conscience.

Mar 23, 2018
So why is it not sexist for boys to not be able to join girl scouts?

And why do boys not wanna join the girl scouts?

With some simple questions those idiots could see that there whole argument is idiotic.

The parents that support girl scouts are the problem. Why would i send my doughter to some labor camp for making cookies and selling them for there profits.

1) make a new girl scouts organisation that mimics boy scouts.
2) dont send your girls to the classic girl scouts.

And it solves everything else.

If i was the boyscouts i would simple say no and let them spout the garbage they want to see what a lunatics those idiots really are.

This is what you get with weak and garbage leadership. Because the end result is going to be, that boy scouts is getting axed and a new group forms up just for boys again with the girl scouts whining and bitching they wanna join that one because of zero effort being done.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
First of all what the Girl Scouts are doing is discrimination. Straight up. Secondly it is fucking backwards. It should be ONE organization where every child can participate. In this Organization you can offer different activities children who want to can then join

like this. Why is this so fucking complicated to do so in the US?

Oct 24, 2017
Good for them.

Now the boy scouts just need a trans unit.
Yes because segregation is greatly celebrated by the left so minorities can have a safe space.... No they should be integrated and these Girl scouts need to take boys as well. Otherwise its called Discrimination. And I can not believe this is legal.

Jan 9, 2018
Sex segregation is a crucial part of formative experiences for boys and girls, and for understanding themselves apart from the other sex. It's amusing that the whole "let's bring them together" agenda here is still just leading to self-segregated girls troops / boys troops, as one would expect.

May 20, 2007
Sex segregation is a crucial part of formative experiences for boys and girls, and for understanding themselves apart from the other sex. It's amusing that the whole "let's bring them together" agenda here is still just leading to self-segregated girls troops / boys troops, as one would expect.
It is almost as if in group bias is a natural observable phenomenon despite years of being told that it is evil.

Oct 26, 2018
Sounds like GSA management are a bunch of lazy fucks. If that's the kinds of people coordinating activities for the girls, no wonder some want to do more exciting things. Sounds like boring group of Aunt Mabels telling the girls how to cook and sew.

While BSA seem like everyone's fun Uncle Eddie. Shows up one Saturday morning and wants to take the nephews to a ballgame and pizza.

May 17, 2012
Canada
Having a fun weekend in the outdoors, learning survival skills vs selling packaged cookies, learning sales skills like a miserable sales job. No wonder these girls wanted to join the other club.

Oct 26, 2018
Having a fun weekend in the outdoors, learning survival skills vs selling packaged cookies, learning sales skills like a miserable sales job. No wonder these girls wanted to join the other club.
$$$$$$

I have no proof of any financials, but I wouldn't be surprised if GSA earn more money selling cookies than BSA doing whatever they do..... at least revenue on a per kid basis.

If this is true, shouldn't that theoretically mean they have more money to spend, therefore take the girls to do more exciting/expensive activities????

Last edited:
May 17, 2012
Canada
The boys could sell survival kits, not to the same level as the girls do the fattening cookies. It actually has something to do with the theme of the organization and something people should have in case of emergencies. Remember, according to Rachael Madcow the Russians with Trump's support can hack the power grids during cold weather to kill everyone. Best to be prepared.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Scout Oath said:
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
These are standard Western principles for masculinity, stretching deep into our stoic, Christian roots. While it is just one traditional organization among many, the focus of Scouts was and always has been to raise boys of good character. It's evident in the Oath, in the Scouts literature, and throughout the Scout's history.

Even from a biological standpoint, our males must be taught to be helpful (to help their pregnant mates), to stay physically strong (so that you can provide), to be mentally awake and morally straight (to maintain family cohesion and to avoid dangers), and to obey moral and civil laws (to maintain national cohesion).

The twelve points of Scout Law are that a Scout must be Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, Reverent. Any parent of boys can spot some good ones that pertain primarily to boys (Loyal, Courteous, Obedient, Clean) moreso than girls because boys specifically struggle to learn these social behaviors.

The program has some fun stuff in it like camping and fishing, but most parents aren't signing up their kids for Scouts simply because they want them to learn how to tie knots and go fishing. They want their boys to learn the values of the Scouts.

Of course, I am not implying that any of these values or behaviors are boy-exclusive. That's not pertinent to the discussion anyway. The organization was started with a purpose -- to raise good boys -- and that purpose has been subverted in the name of "not excluding girls". Can the purpose of the Scouts still be carried out? Sure, I think people can still remain true to the original purpose, but if we see a New Revised Scout Oath tHaT iS MoRe InClUsIvE come out in the next decade it will be safe to say the Scouts are dead and buried.

Quite a shame. Boys are in crisis in this society and we continue to hinder and damage them with our choices in the name of "equality".

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
First of all what the Girl Scouts are doing is discrimination. Straight up. Secondly it is fucking backwards. It should be ONE organization where every child can participate. In this Organization you can offer different activities children who want to can then join

like this. Why is this so fucking complicated to do so in the US?
Probably because when these organizations were set up a long time ago, it was stereotypical for the boys to do outdoorsy stuff, while the girls probably sat inside and learned how to vacuum a living room and cooking cakes.

Times have changed, but since these organizations are already set up the way they are, each side wants to gung ho it themselves as the winner instead of trying to band together. Doing so would probably bring efficiencies to the backend financials just like companies merging and cutting out the fat, and being able to demand better costs as a bigger entity.

One organization can still have gender specific activities.... just like gym class has boys and girls separate. But this isn't exactly gym class getting graded how many sit ups you can do, so co-ed activities can exist so every kid can do what they want.

Sounds logical. But knowing the US, if someone wanted to do band them together, you'd probably get 1,000s of parents suing.

Aug 15, 2018
Good for them.

Now the boy scouts just need a trans unit.
For transchildren? While I disagree with the notion that sex/gender can be changed, shouldn't that sort of thing be decided in adulthood?

EDIT: As for the topic at hand. I was in the scouts till middle school and my sisters were in the girl scouts only in elementary school. When I ask them what girl scouts was like they always sound annoyed and disappointed with what they had to do. It sounds like a lot of it was arts and crafts sort of things. They expressed jealousy for the boy scouts being able to do outdoorsy things like camping. Apparently, girl scouts are allowed to do activities like the boys, but most of the mothers who ran the group were uncomfortable with those activities so the girls did nothing of the sort. I think there is nothing wrong with sex segregation as boys and girls are inherently different both physically and in values (also, I don't trust young men and ladies together, if you know what I mean). It seems clear to me that the girl scouts should be more willing to do extra activities and listen to what the girls want to do.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
For transchildren? While I disagree with the notion that sex/gender can be changed, shouldn't that sort of thing be decided in adulthood?

EDIT: As for the topic at hand. I was in the scouts till middle school and my sisters were in the girl scouts only in elementary school. When I ask them what girl scouts was like they always sound annoyed and disappointed with what they had to do. It sounds like a lot of it was arts and crafts sort of things. They expressed jealousy for the boy scouts being able to do outdoorsy things like camping. Apparently, girl scouts are allowed to do activities like the boys, but most of the mothers who ran the group were uncomfortable with those activities so the girls did nothing of the sort. I think there is nothing wrong with sex segregation as boys and girls are inherently different both physically and in values (also, I don't trust young men and ladies together, if you know what I mean). It seems clear to me that the girl scouts should be more willing to do extra activities and listen to what the girls want to do.
Well no shit. I'm always suprised that this isn't super obvious when people are comparing the two. How many women know how to camp, especially younger mothers who grew up in urban/suburban areas. Chances are these ladies teach what they know

Feb 21, 2018
Probably because when these organizations were set up a long time ago, it was stereotypical for the boys to do outdoorsy stuff, while the girls probably sat inside and learned how to vacuum a living room and cooking cakes.

Times have changed, but since these organizations are already set up the way they are, each side wants to gung ho it themselves as the winner instead of trying to band together. Doing so would probably bring efficiencies to the backend financials just like companies merging and cutting out the fat, and being able to demand better costs as a bigger entity.

One organization can still have gender specific activities.... just like gym class has boys and girls separate. But this isn't exactly gym class getting graded how many sit ups you can do, so co-ed activities can exist so every kid can do what they want.

Sounds logical. But knowing the US, if someone wanted to do band them together, you'd probably get 1,000s of parents suing.
I don't think its fair to blame the boy scouts, they are the ones allowing girls in.

Its the GSA that is at fault here not listening to what girls want and providing it. Maybe if the GSA had more activities like the Boy Scouts then girls wouldn't feel the need to set up chapters within the BSA.

Anyways I know its not PC or with today's modern times, but there is nothing wrong with male bonding and fraternity. Males having their own space to do activities together shouldn't be seen as a crime especially at young ages. It isn't the 1900's anymore boys interact with girls all the time in every day life.

And I say the same for girls. Girls having their own association that matches their needs where women can bond together isn't wrong or bigoted or even sexist.

But I digress the world we live in today thinks something like the BSA or GSA is only further breeding grounds for so called Toxic Masculinity. I am actually surprised Gilletes add didn't just end with "and its also the Boy Scouts fault TOO! no more spaces for boys only"