• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy; cites sexual abuse lawsuits as the primary driver

Gargus

Banned
Good.

I like the basic ideas boy scouts have and what they can teach kids but that's it really. But it also teaches and reinforces a lot of bad structures like religion, which has no place in boyscouts.

Plus they turn the kids (girl scouts as well) into peddlers to sell cookies and shit. Back in the day a long time ago it made sense as they genuinely used the money for a troop to go do something. Now it's to keep the scout industry in business. I go in a grocery near me and they have girl scout cookies the store sells on the shelf, and on my way on Saturdays I am accosted by girl scouts trying to sell me the same cookies for even more. Then I go to Lowe's and on the way there are boyscouts selling shit.

Fuck the scouts.

Cravis

And nothing of importance was lost.... is what I would be saying if this meant they were going away. Nope this is just a shitty legal tactic to protect their money.

Somewhere...

5YWHJw2.jpg

Last edited:

GreyHorace

I wasn't a good scout, but I do admire the idea of the Boy Scouts teaching young kids some valuable skills that have been sadly lost in today's modern world.

Doesn't excuse all the stupid pedo stuff they tried to hide. A corrupt organization like this needs to burn down in that case.

belmarduk

Boy Scouts of America is a great organization that has helped a lot of kids, unfortunately they tried to cover up for pedophiles which should never be acceptable.

Top Bottom