• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brain Academy Wii , Chibi-Robo DS , Battalion Wars 2 screens

king zell

Brain Academy

54861520070222_143541_1_big.jpg

54861520070222_143541_0_big.jpg

54861520070222_143541_2_big.jpg

Battalion Wars 2

53751520070222_133302_0_big.jpg

Chibi-Robo : Park Patrol

51111020070222_133010_2_big.jpg
51111020070222_133009_1_big.jpg
51111020070222_133008_0_big.jpg

Mario Party 8

http://www.jeux-france.com/news19318_mario-party-8-images-officielles.html

jgkspsx

Chibi-Robo just doesn't have the charm it had with DS-level 3D graphics. Hopefully the gameplay will be good, anyway.

jwj442

BWii has nice models, but the terrain looks pretty bad. Somewhat understandable considering the scale in that shot, though.

Alex

Super hyped for BWii, loved the original

Maybe I'll actually try one of these brain games on Wii. I was going to try one on DS, but there's so many it's fairly daunting

Muppet345

jgkspsx said:
Chibi-Robo just doesn't have the charm it had with DS-level 3D graphics. Hopefully the gameplay will be good, anyway.
You mean GC-level? I think it looks better than before. A lot more colorful and oversaturated to make up for the inability of the DS, while the previous screenshots and movies released were very barren. Not as good as the Gamecube game, of course, but (judging from those three screenshots alone) it stands on its own. I love the design of the bottom screen, too.

Ethelred said he didn't like what he played at E3, but this game has been in development for so long that I hope they have made some progress.

I wonder if Brain Academy Wii would sell in Japan at the same numbers as the DS or is it because of the DS being portable the sole reason for the massive sales?

zigg

Kevar said:
Ethelred said he didn't like what he played at E3, but this game has been in development for so long that I hope they have made some progress.

I played it pretty extensively myself--my biggest objection was that there didn't seem to be a lot of the kind of platforming around on various structures that you got in the house.

Kuju certainly know their shit when it comes to graphics. I mean, Crush is the least dithered, sharpest looking PSP game I've seen this side of Crisis Core.

Once BWii is done, it will look like sex.

BWii, looks a treat <3 <3 I just hope that they add some shadows, even the most basic ones will do, anything to make the objects (like the telephone poles) sit better in the environment.

People need to stop analysing screenshots so much, from Nintendo especially. Even something like BBA isn't going to look as jaggy as it does in that pic on your TV. They just seem to stretch their images in the most unflattering way.

Chibi Robo, on the other hand, looks like ass.

Saoh

i thought Chibi Robo was for Wii too :lol then i remembered it´s for DS.

Smiles and Cries said:
okay what the hell how does the French seem to always scoop Gamespot 1up and IGN?

J-F > GAF > IGN > GAF

tehrafe

Batallion Wars 2 looks nice, I still have to try the first one though =(

What is this Chibi-Robo game about actually?

TiVo

Is that BWII or BF2142?

I really hope this is online and they don't pull a "We could not implement online features this round" crap.

I also hope with co-op you can pilot the ship/vehicles while a friend mans the guns.

Still not sure how they are gonna pull off the vehicle/troop making factorys in realtime.

And why doesn't Kuju do a Cannon Fodder remake for the DS?

Dascu

TiVo said:
Is that BWII or BF2142?

I really hope this is online and they don't pull a "We could not implement online features this round" crap.

I also hope with co-op you can pilot the ship/vehicles while a friend mans the guns.

Still not sure how they are gonna pull off the vehicle/troop making factorys in realtime.

And why doesn't Kuju do a Cannon Fodder remake for the DS?

When BWii was announced, Kuju said they were planning to put a lot of focus on the multiplayer and online mode. I just hope they pull it off correctly. Online Battalion Wars would rock.

Everblue 2 worked pretty well for what it was (an addictive sort of salvage-RPG), and definitely wasn't any kind of system seller. I'm excited for Forever Blue because they actually unroot you from the seafloor so that you can SCUBA around anywhere you want and swim with the fishes Aquanaut's Holiday-style. It's a system seller for me because you so rarely see that kind of underwater exploration, especially in a non-combat setting. Plus, the game is damn pretty, and for once I'm excited about using the Wii controls. :p

ethelred

jiji said:
Everblue 2 worked pretty well for what it was (an addictive sort of salvage-RPG), and definitely wasn't any kind of system seller. I'm excited for Forever Blue because they actually unroot you from the seafloor so that you can SCUBA around anywhere you want and swim with the fishes Aquanaut's Holiday-style. It's a system seller for me because you so rarely see that kind of underwater exploration, especially in a non-combat setting. Plus, the game is damn pretty, and for once I'm excited about using the Wii controls. :p

It does look very nice, and I think the wii's 3D controls would work very well in a game with 360 degrees of movement (such as a game in the sky, space, or underwater). Since it actually allows for full movement like that, it seems to be one of the big potential advances over analog, for these types of games.

Personally, I'd love to see a new Ecco the Dolphin on the system, too.

ToxicAdam

I don't know how people can say BW2 looks great .. it looks like a marginal upgrade over the original. Which was an ugly game to begin with. (Although I liked the cartoon stylings of the models)

wsippel

Banned
Chittagong said:
Wait, Wii can do 4xAA now?
Even the Gamecube could handle 4xAA. It was prohibitive, performance-wise, but it was possible. 720p, however... :)

Anyway, I think it's OK to add some AA to Wii screenshots, even if the game has no AA. Framebuffer dumps don't show the flicker filter that adds a light AA effect to the output, so it's alright to add a similar effect to screenshots. Screenshots shouldn't look worse than what you'll see on you TV.

Top Bottom