• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect gameplay video (character creator, town, cutscenes)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From the closed beta that just went live.

They seemed to be having server issues judging by their twitter, so I'm not sure if people were actually able to reach the combat part.

I'll make sure to update the thread when that shows up though, since that's obviously a very important part.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpBeE_Y9AIs

I've manually taken some pictures from the video for those who can't see it. They're a bit fuzzy because YouTube.

Quoting the images didn't seem to help because they're vertical and we only rescale images to 400 px width or lower.

bd9wju10.png
bd10n2u3i.png
bd2lsuwm.png
bd11iiuod.png

bd597ukm.png
bd408uz1.png
bd12mrudl.png
bd8vtu32.png

bd7crufw.png
bd1k8uwd.png
bd14ciso4.png
bd13nsuf6.png

oh might as well put some of my screenshots here... lol

so yeah, the main town (or the 1st town) is Al-Khampis (or Istantal in JP version) where the main character of Bravely Second studies prior the event in that game.
this put the timeline to be either:
1) Fairy's Effect -> Flying Fairy -> End's Layer -> Praying Brage
or
2) Flying Fairy -> Fairy's Effect -> End's Layer -> Praying Brage
but I believe it should be no. 1
(I skipped a lot of text because this is just cbt, too lazy to read the story prior the game launch)

2 more pics
combat is just simple tap and slide (to move character to different row for getting/avoiding aoe moves)
this is kinda like mmo a bit where people can see & join in other people battle and help them. probably 4 characters max per battle, not too sure

duckroll

This looks to me like the same effort that goes into Kingdom Hearts Chi. A higher production value looking mobile title but with social fashion hooks with the avatar, a hub area you can see friends, and instanced questing and battles that give the "feel" of the combat and exploration in the proper series but simplified to mobile swiping. Probably grindy as fuck too.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The setup reminds me a lot of Grandmasters in that regard too.

You have five abilities. There are people in combat encounters that you can jump in. You select an area from a list like most mobile titles, but can wander around in them a bit.

JCX

I really love the Bravely art style. Looks great even on mobile. Not a fan of playing on mobile, but I am glad to see Bravely get more love in a respectable fashion.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm about the biggest Bravely fan you can get, but none of SE's mobile efforts have resonated with me and I can't tell enough from the screenshots here to say much.

rhandino

Banned
The game looks nice... but for some reason none of S-E mobile offerings has managed to get their claws on my like Puzzle and Dragons or Chain Chronicle did.

Oh well, at least will try if it comes to the west since I adore the BD artstyle.

Zebei

Whoa just learned about this game's existence now.

Super hyped for any Bravely Default content I can get to. Hoping for a speedy western release.

Caim

I think if you make (or already have one for that matter) a JP SQEX account you can get a code from the game's site and play right now.

I really need to go back to the first game and beat it, I was pretty close, I was just stubborn and wanted to do all the side events.

Top Bottom