• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default review thread (Europe version)

mrpeabody

It's like a spiritual successor, but they chose not to link it to FF so they could have more freedom. This game is like a brand new SNES FF (or a new FF9, I suppose), whereas 4 Warriors of Light was like a new NES FF.

Wait, Bravely Default is a new FF9?

When can I buy this in America?

akaoni

Banned
Every review hypes me more and more, aside of the optional microtransactions this is perfect.

"doing worse", hahahaha, you're missing out on some of the best JRPG'S of all time for the silliest of reasons.

Edit: And I saw the LR sales thread and saw you're a fan of one of fucking FFXIII, this is too good man, too good.

Lightning Retuns is what I'd call the cancer of RPG's.

Mauricio finally snapped from all this EO criticism lol

Phazon

Added to the review list!

Here's the conclusion (you've taken the wrong alinea :p) of the review in English, so you can add a small quote witht the review :^^

Is a delightfully atmospheric and charming game. Audiovisually, it looks amazing, an impressive feat on the 3DS. Whatever you may have come to expect out of a modern JRPG or Final Fantasy, you’ll get it in Bravely Default and even more. Gameplay-wise, the game is fluent and its customization options offer both newbies and veterans what they want. A huge world and more than 30 hours of gameplay result in Bravely Default being one of the best JRPG’s from the past few years. It comes as the final chapter of a year full of 3DS big shots and to be honest, no RPG-fan should be allowed to miss this gem.

Glass Rebel

Adding to the pile

DQ6xqXj.gif

genjiZERO

Can someone explain how the microtransactions work?

Also, voiceovers... Any chance of Japanese track for US? Is there an Asian version?

zroid

Banned

basically you can shut the lid of your 3DS while playing to recharge your "SP drinks" which allow you to act in battle without consuming turns. you can also recharge SP with microtransactions.

Also, voiceovers... Any chance of Japanese track for US? Is there an Asian version?

US and EU versions are both dual audio

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

This FtS version everyone is getting has dual audio.

Eng/JP

Microtransaction is paying for SP points to use the Bravely Second mechanic. Of which you can also get for free by putting your 3DS in sleep mode. It just freezes battle and breaks damage limit as a special ability.

genjiZERO

It is confirmed that there will be a Japanese track in the US version.

basically you can shut the lid of your 3DS while playing to recharge your "SP drinks" which allow you to act in battle without consuming turns. you can also recharge SP with microtransactions.

US and EU versions are both dual audio

This FtS version everyone is getting has dual audio.

Eng/JP

Microtransaction is paying for SP points to use the Bravely Second mechanic. Of which you can also get for free by putting your 3DS in sleep mode. It just freezes battle and breaks damage limit as a special ability.

Super sold. Damn this game looks hot

Tripon

Updated the list, should reflect everyone who posted a review score in this thread, plus others. There's already a ton of reviews, I can't imagine how many American reviews we will get in a couple of months.

I love the warm reception the game is getting, 2 more months.... :(

Mauricio finally snapped from all this EO criticism lol

I snapped for real haha, all the EO hate sometimes gets me you know. :p

LuuKyK is basically Perfo lite and deserves to be mocked
at least he didn't insult Xenoblade, Uncharted, and Ni No Kuni all in one post unlike Perfo though, at least....?

You missed the crap he said on another thread, he didn't even know SMT4 was a 3rd person dungeon crawler(he thought the whole game was all 1st person, which shows he didn't know ANYTHING about the game) and told someone it was not worth buying.

nfbackstory

Neo Member
Another review - a positive one, too! Not surprising at all at this point.

I cannot wait to snatch this up, but the wait til February in North America might actually kill me. All of the "quality of life" features S-E put into the battle system sound fantastic.

Jubern

9/10 on gamekult

Pretty sure it's their highest rated 3ds game. I'll translate the ending bit later and edit it in.

You could even say 9+, since it has their little "Gamekult selection".
They really praised it on the website's show too.

Gamekult is pretty infamous for noting game rather harshly and generally handing out 7s left and right for this kind of game.
9+ is damn high for their standards and pretty rare, everything really good usually gets a 8 or 8+ at most. Interestingly enough, though, they gave another one just last month... To Tearaway.

Top Bottom