• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: Edea Lee confirmed in Famitsu magazine

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Awesome, she was a great character.

rkhpft.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm glad she's in the game, but I was kind of hoping she'd be Grand Marshall.

It would fit with her career path and Agnes' promotion as well.

Edit:

Wait by protagonist do they mean party member? I kind of just assumed they meant a side character who was on your side like Airy or those two guys from volcano continent.

Vena

Someone want to clear up for me what
happened to Ringabel? Did he end up going back to his own time or what? I was honestly never quite sure how that ended up in the game by the end of it all with all the world layers piling up.

Katsuragi

Edea was by far my favorite character in the original game, so I'm happy to learn that she'll play an important role in Bravely Second!

Neo Dark

L~A

I'm glad she's in the game, but I was kind of hoping she'd be Grand Marshall.

It would fit with her career path and Agnes' promotion as well.

Edit:

Wait by protagonist do they mean party member? I kind of just assumed they meant a side character who was on your side like Airy or those two guys from volcano continent.

Maybe it's a mistranslation?

But from the looks of it, she's involved in something important (that "Barter Sub-Scenario System", whatever that is), so maybe there's instances where she becomes playable? Anyway, Famitsu's out in a couple of hours, so we should have some answers pretty quick.

Bravely Second 3DS theme DL code is included in this week's Famitsu, the same one that was distributed during Jump Festa last year
unless I read it wrong
Who's left to judge? I swear I killed all the asterisk users last game...
Looking at the scans, apparently a lot of the old asterisk holders are still alive.

Based on the scans, I would be very surprised she is not playable...I mean you can see her with Yuu and Magnolia, the other 2 musketeers are nowhere to be seen and strangely enough everybody wear their default costumes...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Based on the scans, I would be very surprised she is not playable...I mean you can see her with Yuu and Magnolia, the other 2 musketeers are nowhere to be seen and strangely enough everybody wear their default costumes...

duckroll posited that of the three muskateers - given how they look compared to normal JRPG protagonists - Yuu might be the only one who is actually a party member for the full game.

You have the "old" guy which is a popular character type to kill off in the first hour as a "dramatic" event, and then someone who can leave and become Yuu's rival due to some disagreement early on.

That said, they are putting them in promo art, so it's possible they're really your team the whole way through and Edea's just an NPC that travels with you and shows up in conversations like Airy did.

I would rather not having only some of the old party members return as playable in the main storyline. What's with the obsession with Edea & Ringabel anyway? :^)

Ourobolus

Banned
Having just beat BD a few days ago, I'm excited. Sure, Ch 5-8 were garbage, but assuming they don't pull that shit again, the battle system was top notch and more than enough to keep me going.

Glad to see some returning faces though.

Relating this game more to Default is making me less and less excited. I just hope they don't pull the garbage they did with Default's latter parts.

Labadal

Relating this game more to Default is making me less and less excited. I just hope they don't pull the garbage they did with Default's latter parts.

They have said that they learned from their mistakes more than once. I'm not too worried. I just hope the story is better in general.

kurahador

They have said that they learned from their mistakes more than once. I'm not too worried. I just hope the story is better in general.

Didn't the stuff they pulled with Default was because they don't have the budget to follow through with their vision or something?

Now with the success of Default, let's hope square-enix will be more generous.

Oregano

Didn't the stuff they pulled with Default was because they don't have the budget to follow through with their vision or something?

Now with the success of Default, let's hope square-enix will be more generous.

Kind of but in that case I don't think Bravely Second looks any higher budget.
They did a similar thing with 4 Heroes of Light

Ringabel was easily the best character and yet there's no sign of him.

I say that's more proof that Square Enix has no clue what they're doing!

Seda

Website updated (it's been a while). Basically things that have been announced in mags in the last few months: Edea, Cat Master, Pâtissier, Astrologian.

There's also something about a 'barter' system between asterisk holders.

Magnolia in new jobs said:

Edea said:

Asterisk Holders said:

some screens said:

source (more screens)

edie: gematsu has the translation

The Barter Sub-Scenario is a new sub-scenario whose storyline stars Edea. In it, Asterisk Holders from the previous game will show up and as per the name, the sub-scenario will entail Edea stepping into disputes between two Holders over myriad issues and being forced to pick a side and make judgment calls.

ss-hikaru

SHE'S SO ADORABLE! Blue really suits her, and I like that her hair is more...normal :p

Cat tamer asterisk holder looks like the Victoria of this game LOL. I can't wait for Bravely Second artbook, costumes are soooo amazing <3

Top Bottom