• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: End Layer coming to Europe on Feb. 26th

Oh boy, another meaty JRPG coming out in Feb!

Gonna skip this because the first one just got boring, plus Etrian 2 Untold and Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

urfe

Not to go pooping, but the game sucks.

I played 30 minutes and stopped.

I'm never stopped so soon into an RPG, and I loved the first one.

Poop! >_<

magnetic

That the perfect time, I was just starting to gut already a bit nostalgic for the first game but don't really want to play that second half.

This + Dragon Quest VII + hopefully SMT IV Final soon - going to be yet another great year for turn based handheld RPGs!

And I'm only a mild fan of the genre, but I these are very delicious looking games.

Not to go pooping, but the game sucks.

I played 30 minutes and stopped.

I'm never stopped so soon into an RPG, and I loved the first one.

Poop! >_<

You can't just post something like this and not elaborate on why you think it sucks.

No! That means the artbook won't be sold seperately, right? Damn. ;_;
you can just grab them from amazon jp or any jp site that sells the artbook, unless you really want the translated stuff in it
I hope the Agnes Statue will be less hideous than the last one..
this one was included in jp collectors edition as well, of course it isn;t hideous like that shitty eu agnes figure
WP20150430120624Pro.jpg

Do we know of any censoring going on in this game like the last one?

Well, there was the whole thing with the Native American class being turned into a Cowboy class, but it's probably for the best that we don't start up that discussion in this topic.

OT: Will probably buy this, but I'm not sure if I'll get the CE.

aravuus

Wow, awesome! Didn't expect to get it so soon

BD had its problems, but I still enjoyed my time with it immensely, so BS is a day one purchase. Hope they haven't repeated any of the original's problems.

Vex_

Banned
Well, there was the whole thing with the Native American class being turned into a Cowboy class, but it's probably for the best that we don't start up that discussion in this topic.

OT: Will probably buy this, but I'm not sure if I'll get the CE.

Thanks.

Vanethyr

Oh Lawd I need that CE.

I still haven't taken the Agnes figure out of the previous one, it's just too hideous to put on display ;_;

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Surprisingly my most disappointing game this year that I somehow still enjoyed.
The strength of the job system. Every other aspect was a let down for me.

Although I liked the simpleness of the cast even I can't take another + 40 hours with them.
There's just not enough there.....
And the new characters were pretty meh for me...

Nimmermehr

Neo Member
you can just grab them from amazon jp or any jp site that sells the artbook, unless you really want the translated stuff in it

this one was included in jp collectors edition as well, of course it isn;t hideous like that shitty eu agnes figure

That one is really nice! I hope i can get the limited edition somewhere..

also

Banned
What are you talking about?? It's gorgeous hand-drawn art with a moonlight theme. Just as good as the first games, IMO. And the logo looks better.

It's definitely better than the godawful Japanese cover.
The EU cover makes it look like a fanservice heavy Vita game. The Japanese one is weird but at least it's eye-catching.
I'm buying the game regardless of the boxart it gets but I can definitely see the EU one turning off people.

If i had to guess the subtitle reveal, I would say friend slayer.

That's a good guess. I hope it doesn't end up being true :/

When I first saw the subtitle I thought it be ___ Player

Kyonashi

The EU cover makes it look like a fanservice heavy Vita game. The Japanese one is weird but at least it's eye-catching.
I'm buying the game regardless of the boxart it gets but I can definitely see the EU one turning off people.

Okay, I kind of see your point but as far as anime box-arts go, there's a ton more fanservice-y ones, it's not exactly sexualised. *cough*
Senran Kagura Burst
*cough*

Litri

I'm in. First one was glorious. As long as they make certain things less repetitive and tone down the microtransactions, it will be even better.

Wingus

Looks awesome!

One of the reasons I loved Bravely Default was just how much of a spiritual successor it was to my favourite Final Fantasy - FF5 (the job system), while at the same time had its own twist in the Brave/Default mechanics.

I'm in :D

MrT-Tar

Is the artbook the same as the Japanese 'Art of Bravely 2013-5'? Because I bought that a few weeks ago at Hyper Japan in London.

also

Banned
Okay, I kind of see your point but as far as anime box-arts go, there's a ton more fanservice-y ones, it's not exactly sexualised. *cough*
Senran Kagura Burst
*cough*
Well, her dress is super low cut and her crotch area is barely covered. Like, if you moved her dress up an inch you would see her panties or something.
But yeah, there are definitely more, um, racy boxarts out there.

I'm in. First one was glorious. As long as they make certain things less repetitive and tone down the microtransactions, it will be even better.
The microtransactions were never an issue in the originals because the game was not designed around them. They felt like they were added once on the game was finished as a kind of ''cheat'' for less RPG savvy players. I played the whole game on hard mode, regular encounter rate (or 0% when I wanted to just retreat from a dungeon) and didn't need to use them once. I only ground to max level in chapter 6 because I got the exp boosting ability and was a bit tired of having to devote my full attention to every battle and I just wanted to finish the game asap.

I tapped out on the first one once I got to chapter 6. Any idea of this one does anything similar to the first
with the whole looping timeline thing
?

so the first three months in europe are pretty packed for the 3ds

29.01 Final Fantasy Explorers
05.02 The Legend of Legacy
19.02 Project X Zone 2
26.02. bravely second
11.03 Stella Glow

but i dont have the time... :(

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so the first three months in europe are pretty packed for the 3ds

29.01 Final Fantasy Explorers
05.02 The Legend of Legacy
19.02 Project X Zone 2
26.02. bravely second
11.03 Stella Glow

but i dont have the time... :(

Hyrule legends in March too.. 2016 is shaping up so nicely for the 3ds!

urfe

You can't just post something like this and not elaborate on why you think it sucks.

The story is so incredibly atrociously bad, and at the same time so incredibly similar to the first. It has the quality of a Kecmo mobile RPG story.

Battles were good like before, but the story was just embarrassingly bad.

Hedge

Aaaah 90 Euro might be a liiiiittle to steep for an artbook. I hope someone sells theirs at a later date.

Ridley327

Sorry for the bump but do we have any news on when BS will release in NA?

Not yet. We don't have any release dates yet for anything NoA is publishing past April right now, which might put this game at May at the earliest. I imagine NoA wants to give FE:F some time to breath. The same goes for the situation in Europe, as FE:F isn't dated yet over there.

Top Bottom