• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second New English Trailers, Screens & Media

MLH

So there is lots of promotional work going into Bravely Second, including a new Job's video & screens posted today, so I though I would compile all the new videos and screens to help boost interest in the game. I'm really looking forward to it.

2016-01-28 Bravely Second: End Layer - Jobs Trailer

One of the new jobs show was the Catmancer
H5rmOqgs.png

I can't believe they didn't call it the Nekomancer...

2016-01-28 New Screens: Album Link for full size.

2016-01-27 GameXplain Posts some gameplay and impressions:
25 Minutes of Bravely Second: End Layer Gameplay (English)
Bravely Second End Layer - Hands-On PREVIEW - a great impressions video, worth a watch.

2015-01-21 US & Canada Amazon Pre-orders up, seemingly sold out.

2015-01-21 Bravely Second: End Layer - Story Trailer

2015-01-21 Nintendo of America Confirms 10-hour demo is coming

2015-01-14 Europe & UK preorders go live.
Nintendo UK Store has the Collector's Edition available

2015-01-14 Nintendo of Europe confirms Demo is coming on February 11th + Press release
A pre-launch demo focusing on the Three Cavaliers – Yew Geneolgia, Janne Angard, and Nikolai Nikolanikov – will act as a prelude to the adventure, and even allow players to unlock rewards in the full version of the game, depending on their progress in the demo**. The demo will be available in Nintendo eShop on February 11th.

Bravely Second will be releasing in Europe on 26th of February and 15th of April in North America.
Collector's edition announced:
North America & Standard Box art:

Europe & Standard Box art:

Eolz

So, does this confirm the indians have been replaced by cowboys in the end? Didn't see them in the video...

Either way, CE ordered. At least we're getting a cool figurine this time (unlike last one's monstrosity). Hopefully it sells as well than the first and convinces SE to plan a third.

MLH

One of the interesting tidbits from the GameXpain preview[10:38] is that unlike Bravely Default you pick a path to obtain the job asterisk, which means possibly missing out on another job. I don't know if that means you can obtain them later, but it's an interesting change.

One of the interesting tidbits from the GameXpain preview[10:38] is that unlike Bravely Default you pick a path to obtain the job asterisk, which means possibly missing out on another job. I don't know if that means you can obtain them later, but it's an interesting change.

Sounds like a change I'm going to hate unless you can unlock them another way later.

The US boxart just looks like it has crushed blacks. That's my biggest problem with it.
Someone please explain to me what Catmancer does besides provide an excuse to put the girls in cat girl outfits.

Does it matter what it does? It's still an excuse to put them in cat girl (and boy, I presume) outfits

So, does this confirm the indians have been replaced by cowboys in the end? Didn't see them in the video...

Either way, CE ordered. At least we're getting a cool figurine this time (unlike last one's monstrosity). Hopefully it sells as well than the first and convinces SE to plan a third.

Hmm. They only showed 9 of the 12 new jobs. 2 of them would be kind of spoilerish if handled wrongly. But whatever they do with Tomahawk or whatever it's become is still in, since you don't get 12 jobs otherwise. Not sure why they'd avoid showing it in the trailer though. I mean it's not like people aren't going to know what they decided to do with it in 2 weeks anyway.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nintendo is the publisher, they call the shots in the end I guess. Not sure

Square Enix manages their own localizations for their games. There might be controversy, but that's something they've generated themselves for decades (because they actually adapt their products to various markets, hence their sales success).

Shaanyboi

Banned
This is a silly question perhaps, but is this a sequel to bravely default then?
yes

The impression I got in the last thread about this game is that they somehow managed to get even worse writing, and the game in general just isn't that good.

This Siliconera interview gives some indication of initial player reviews:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/3...avely-second-but-point-out-some-of-its-flaws/

Huh... dang.

The impression I got in the last thread about this game is that they somehow managed to get even worse writing, and the game in general just isn't that good.

I just listened to the OST and my main beef is that the special move themes in this game are nowhere near as good as the first.

Eolz

If I remember well (from what I've heard, probably wrong), Nintendo paid for the localization, but SE chose the studio and called the shots (leading to some outfits being censored in the end). Still a good localization despite that, I think the same studio is taking care of that this time again.

MLH

This Siliconera interview gives some indication of initial player reviews:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/3...avely-second-but-point-out-some-of-its-flaws/

Huh... dang.

These are Japanese impressions, the game will be localised, minor writing changes occur. This could mean we have bad doge memes or quality writing, it could go either way, but I wouldn't make any judgements on the game over impressions of the Japanese script, unless those criticisms are of the overall story (which doesn't appear to be from that siliconera article) One joke I've heard in the English version is the "Ba'al Buster" (Ball buster) joke- a little crude but it makes me laugh.

One thing I know I'll be disappointed by, which was already mentioned is the change of the composer, I've heard a few sample tracks and they just aren't as good.

Someone please explain to me what Catmancer does besides provide an excuse to put the girls in cat girl outfits.

If you mean mechanically: It's a reskin of Vampire (which was basically Blue Mage), since that Job isn't available anymore due to plot events in Bravely Default. I have no idea why they decided on cat master (or vampire for that matter) to fill the role of Blue Mage.

RDreamer

These are Japanese impressions, the game will be localised, minor writing changes occur. This could mean we have bad doge memes or quality writing, it could go either way, but I wouldn't make any judgements on the game over impressions of the Japanese script, unless those criticisms are of the overall story (which doesn't appear to be from that siliconera article) One joke I've heard in the English version is the "Ba'al Buster" (Ball buster) joke- a little crude but it makes me laugh.

One thing I know I'll be disappointed by, which was already mentioned is the change of the composer, I've heard a few sample tracks and they just aren't as good.

I don't have much confidence in it though considering I thought Bravely Default was probably one of the worst JRPG scripts I've ever encountered. It was infuriatingly badly written. If they have a bad starting point this time...

Top Bottom