• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second releasing April 23, 2015 (JP)

mstevens

I'm a big Square, FF and JRPG fan, but ehhhhh. I think I got my fill with the first. Definitely didn't love it toward the end.

Jashobeam

Unacceptable!

kqZ1lHR.gif

I'm not even sure it will come out in English at all. SEwon't want to do it and Nintendo might be busy gearing up for their next handheld by the time they get a chance to look at it.

1m copies worldwide say hi.

Btw, they are launching the game just before the Golden Week, smart move.

Neo Dark

I'm not even sure it will come out in English at all. SEwon't want to do it and Nintendo might be busy gearing up for their next handheld by the time they get a chance to look at it.

Nintendo hasn't even released the new 3DS outside Australia and Japan. They're not going to be busy with their next handheld. If SE won't do it, Nintendo definitely will since it can only benefit the new 3DS

Oregano

Why wouldn't SE want to do it? Game sold decently well in the west.

1m copies worldwide say hi.

Btw, they are launching the game just before the Golden Week, smart move.

Dragon Quest IX sold a million in the west alone and we have seen how that's gone. The game is being treated like an afterthought in Japan as well, just like the first game.

Nintendo hasn't even released the new 3DS outside Australia and Japan. They're not going to be busy with their next handheld. If SE won't do it, Nintendo definitely will since it can only benefit the new 3DS

If Square Enix wants to do a For the Sequel version then it will be well into 2016 before a possible western release. I think Nintendo will definitely be busy preparing internal software for the next system at that point.

Dragon Quest IX sold a million in the west alone and we have seen how that's gone. The game is being treated like an afterthought in Japan as well, just like the first game.

How is that gone? Nintendo and Square Enix released two more DQ games in Europe, DQVI and DQM: Joker 2. Also, the comparison is not really one-to-one since this is a direct sequel, while we have still to receive a "proper" mainline DQ in the vein of DQIX (DQX is a MMORPG).

If Square Enix wants to do a For the Sequel version then it will be well into 2016 before a possible western release. I think Nintendo will definitely be busy preparing internal software for the next system at that point.

Nintendo localized many third party games just before or right after 3DS launch; e.g. Dragon Quest IX (2010) Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (2010) / Last Specter (2011); Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (2011); Inazuma Eleven 1 (2011) and 2 (2012); Solatorobo (2011).

And the For the Sequel version is not very likely at this point.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just over two years? With For The Sequel inbetween? How is that long?

For a 3ds game with so much content recycled, obviously something's went suspiciously wrong. Plus it was meant to be a Winter release, and got delayed. I wonder why.

ZeroX03

Banned
For a 3ds game with so much content recycled, obviously something's went suspiciously wrong. Plus it was meant to be a Winter release, and got delayed. I wonder why.

It's really not that long of a wait. Again, FTS was only a year ago and the first game had enough padding that more time can only be good.

Wow, much later than what I expected ! The demo is coming tomorow...that's weird. And the game was fully playable from start to finish months ago. What they are doing now are some refinements. Really wonder why they decided to release it so late (fingers cross for a multi language game like BDfts and an US/PAL release soon after the JP release !)

Wow, much later than what I expected ! The demo is coming tomorow...that's weird. And the game was fully playable from start to finish months ago. What they are doing now are some refinements. Really wonder why they decided to release it so late (fingers cross for a multi language game like BDfts and an US/PAL release soon after the JP release !)

Perhaps SQEX wants to exploit the Golden Week period, that might guarantee higher sales.

Kouriozan

I liked seeing my (end game spoilers)
3DS friends in the real ending.
But they will never use the same trick twice so I don't understand the fear of getting another same second half.

Links_fantasy

I can't wait for this game, I loved the first one. Hopefully they avoid the last few chapter repetition this time though. As long as there's not a second upgraded version later on, we should get it by the end of next year.

Will be there day one, looooved the first one!

On a side note, I wanna trade in my physical Bravely Default copy and wanna get the eShop version. I know it's been possible to transfer saves to the initial eShop release of For The Sequel, but is it still possible with the updated free 2 try release? Can't find any info on that and I'm not into losing my data :/... Anybody can hit me up with an advice? Thanks in advance!

MilesTeg

Banned
Hope Nintendo does the localization again and gets the game out by holiday 2015. I don't trust Square to greenlight a localization immediately. Probably more like "let's see how it sells in Japan before even thinking about a Western localization". So if it underperforms even a little bit in Japan Square might not even bother.

Ideal scenario is Nintendo has already started the translation.

Top Bottom