• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BRAZIL GAF - Are you pre-ordering the PS5? What about those prices?

ethomaz

Banned
It's available on Amazon. O meu está garantido :messenger_grinning_smiling:

UDWhGuj.jpg
I was about to ask which retail is selling it because I could not find any... just pages without even the price.
Brasil being Brasil I guess... it opened the pre-orders but no retail is prepared to it lol

I will check the Sony store first because I have corporate discounts there.

ethomaz

Banned
Eu vi um post no Linkedin ontem de uma assessora que trabalha com games supostamente dizendo que o Series X tava confirmado a 4999, mas não achei nenhuma fonte disso, e não tinha nenhuma informação do series S. Estou de fato bem curioso pra saber como vai ser.
It is expensive than 2013 Xbox One fabricated here.

R$2199 was about $650 in 2013
R$4999 is about $950

Edit - Fixed the maths... it is expensive.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Só deve rolar isso se a Microsoft não montar o bicho aqui. Não é impossível, mas só seria algo estratégico se eles soltassem um "iremos lançar esse ano por R$5k, mas ano que vem será fabricado e terá desconto", mais ou menos como foi com o PS4

É então, eu achei suspeito, questionei e não me responderam. Eu acho que foi pura especulação pra ganhar clique pois não achei anúncio de preço de series X em lugar algum.

GC_DALBEN

Not at R$ 5000,00. Ill upgrade my gtx1080ti and ill wait a few years for a ps5 and xbox price drop, at least this is the plan for now :). Playstation launched at R$ 4000,00 here but i paid R$ 2000,00 a few years later. I waited a few years to buy a ps4 this gen and it was great.

Pc games are way cheaper, the next gen ps5 games will cost something like R$ 400,00 here in Brasil (almost 1/2 of a minimum wage), its a joke.

R$5.000,00 nem a pau Juvenal, eu comprei o ps4 alguns anos depois do lançamento e foi ótimo, paguei muito barato nos games já lancados e muito mais barato no console.

Last edited:

EnzoArt

Not at R$ 5000,00. Ill upgrade my gtx1080ti and ill wait a few years for a ps5 and xbox price drop, at least this is the plan for now :). Playstation launched at R$ 4000,00 here but i paid R$ 2000,00 a few years later. I waited a few years to buy a ps4 this gen and it was great.

Pc games are way cheaper, the next gen ps5 games will cost something like R$ 400,00 here in Brasil (almost 1/2 of a minimum wage), its a joke.

R$5.000,00 nem a pau Juvenal, eu comprei o ps4 alguns anos depois do lançamento e foi ótimo, paguei muito barato nos games já lancados e muito mais barato no console.
games is 349, no 400

Fake

games is 349, no 400

Target price is between $350 and 400.

BTW, I guess I'll get the Dualsense before anything Playstation related. Will get imported.

edit: You're right. Target prices are R$250~R$350

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned

If you want to sell your older video card when you upgrade hit me up :messenger_beaming:

But seriously, I'll be going PC for a long while too.

EnzoArt

Target price is between $350 and 400.

BTW, I guess I'll get the Dualsense before anything Playstation related. Will get imported.
no no, target is 349(max) and 249(min):

Fake

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
In Chile, latin american brothers, we have the PS5 DE in 499 mil pesos and the other one in 650 mil pesos. That´s a lot. I don't know what Sony Chile is thinking. Meme of the day below:
5a9f1962a2e949dd0e5816565f9f05fb1af907e3.jpeg

Way better than the Brazilian prices still.

Your disc edition costs the same as our digital only edition and the digital only edition costs R$ 3427.

I guess I'll buy mine in Chile.

South America sucks in general but Brazil sucks way more.

Megatron

Sony Brazil just revealed that PS5 will cost R$ 4.999 and DE will be 4.499.

Games will now cost between 249,90 and 349,90.

Consoles prices are good enough, IMO. But game's prices are pretty steep, makes me think twice about getting them day one.

Maybe I’m typing into the converter wrong, but that is $950 for the console and $66 for the game? I would say game prices are fine but consoles are way out of whack.

Saber

Gold Member
In Chile, latin american brothers, we have the PS5 DE in 499 mil pesos and the other one in 650 mil pesos. That´s a lot. I don't know what Sony Chile is thinking. Meme of the day below:
5a9f1962a2e949dd0e5816565f9f05fb1af907e3.jpeg
Still a bit better than the scam we have here.

But I'm surprised with some low ass type of comments in tbe BR page.
Like, people defeding those overabusive game prices can only be sold themselves as sexuals slaves. Not even the wealthiest people buy at that price, they usually go abroad and buy on US.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Hold my beer dear bros from Chile and Brasil:

Argentina: PS5: ARS99.999 => at official exchange, usd1250. At illegal dolar value, ~usd770.

Oh, and Microsoft still didnt announce the price for S and X. I expect ridiculous prices as well.

Last edited:

Belmonte

That used to be the case. PC games prices at launch are a lot more closer to their PSN and XLive counterparts.
That said, have you seen the prices of the next nvidias? It's still cheaper to buy consoles around here, a lot more than the US.

In the next two years, the price of these graphic cards will sink a lot since it won't be the best in the market anymore. It will probably play every next gen game until the end, like my 970 can for the current gen.

And there are the games. The PC game cost increased these last months but I very much doubt we will have something as good as Steam/GOG discounts or Epic Free games on consoles. Free online helps also.

lock2k

Banned
Still a bit better than the scam we have here.

But I'm surprised with some low ass type of comments in tbe BR page.
Like, people defeding those overabusive game prices can only be sold themselves as sexuals slaves. Not even the wealthiest people buy at that price, they usually go abroad and buy on US.

Vergonha alheia total. pqp

JLB

Banned
Paraguay is Latin America's only hope

Yesterday's was a terrible day for all Playstation friends in Argentina: In the same say, a 35% new tax -on top of another 30% tax- plus the game prices made PS5 unreachable for most. A typical Playstation 5 digital game will cost nearly usd135. Let alone a physical copy, where you have to add retail revenue, transportation, etc.

DiegoAndrad

That used to be the case. PC games prices at launch are a lot more closer to their PSN and XLive counterparts.
That said, have you seen the prices of the next nvidias? It's still cheaper to buy consoles around here, a lot more than the US.
In the next two years, the price of these graphic cards will sink a lot since it won't be the best in the market anymore. It will probably play every next gen game until the end, like my 970 can for the current gen.

And there are the games. The PC game cost increased these last months but I very much doubt we will have something as good as Steam/GOG discounts or Epic Free games on consoles. Free online helps also.

The RTX 3080 is R$5300. A RTX 3060 should be equivalent to next-gen consoles and will propably cost less than R$3000. With free online and cheaper game prices, PC gaming is definitely cheaper than getting a PS5 in Brazil. Maybe the PS5 ends up being cheaper if you get it in Paraguay though

DiegoAndrad

Yesterday's was a terrible day for all Playstation friends in Argentina: In the same say, a 35% new tax -on top of another 30% tax- plus the game prices made PS5 unreachable for most. A typical Playstation 5 digital game will cost nearly usd135. Let alone a physical copy, where you have to add retail revenue, transportation, etc.

Holy shit!! I thought $70 games in Brazil were bad (because the exchange rate depreciated quite fast this year, but a large company should be able to absorb those changes for some time), $135 is crazy.

iorek21

Maybe I’m typing into the converter wrong, but that is $950 for the console and $66 for the game? I would say game prices are fine but consoles are way out of whack.

Yep, but also no; the conversion for games is correct, but keep in mind that Brazil's minimum wage is something like 200 USD, so 66 for a game is quite a lot compared to the $47 charged for TLOU2 and GoT this year.

For the sake of comparison, COD Cold War Cross Gen edition is around $57 (300 reais); Sony is just being greedy here.

I think regional pricing would still be the best option; R$ 350,00 for a AAA release is a disastrous decision, and I seriously believe that a lot of people will end up buying less games day one.

Ok, so this thread got me thinking, what is the best BR meme of all time?

It has to be this, right?

6d9d331da7c2d27bca6bff9ceea34ea5bf640d37v2_hq.jpg

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Yep, but also no; the conversion for games is correct, but keep in mind that Brazil's minimum wage is something like 200 USD, so 66 for a game is quite a lot compared to the $47 charged for TLOU2 and GoT this year.

For the sake of comparison, COD Cold War Cross Gen edition is around $57 (300 reais); Sony is just being greedy here.

I think regional pricing would still be the best option; R$ 350,00 for a AAA release is a disastrous decision, and I seriously believe that a lot of people will end up buying less games day one.

6d9d331da7c2d27bca6bff9ceea34ea5bf640d37v2_hq.jpg

Era essa peça que você queria? kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

iorek21

ethomaz

Banned
Most retailers are doing the 10% discount... so the console will being sold at R$ 4.499 the normal one.
R$ 4.049 the DE.

If you use Credit Card the value will only be debited when the console is shipped.

Amazon.com.br: Sold Out
Via Varejo (Casas Bahia, Ponto Frio and Extra): In Stock
Kabum: In Stock
B2W (Submarino, Shoptime and Americanas): In Stock
Fastshop: Sold Out

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
Não compro por esse preço mas nem fodendo. Com o valor dos jogos então, sem condições.

Vou acabar montando outro PC...

Se pegar uma RTX 3070 com um processador atual dá pra ficar essa gen inteira com folga e ainda próxima, isso gastando o que, uns 6k?

Minha GTX 1070 e processador de 8 anos atrás estão aguentando suave ainda, só não tanka RTX (obviamente).

Tem que ver agora a MS com o Series S. Se vierem com preço bacana + Game Pass o mercado geral BR vira verde, em?

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Não compro por esse preço mas nem fodendo. Com o valor dos jogos então, sem condições.

Se pegar uma RTX 3070 com um processador atual dá pra ficar essa gen inteira com folga e ainda próxima, isso gastando o que, uns 6k?

Minha GTX 1070 e processador de 8 anos atrás estão aguentando suave ainda, só não tanka RTX (obviamente).

Tem que ver agora a MS com o Series S. Se vierem com preço bacana + Game Pass o mercado geral BR vira verde, em?

Eu acho que, a depender do preço, faz um estrago. Mas tem uma galera que só joga Sony e vai se matar pra pagar e ter o negócio.

Eu lembro quando paguei 800 reais no PS2 e achava um puta absurdo de caro na época kkkkkkkkkkkkkk PQP

Arthimura

I already pre-ordered my PS5.

It's one of the most friendly console launch in Brazil's history, taking into account price and official support.

I don't know why some people are complaining, last Nintendo consoles and handhelds had terrible prices and official support, and even PS4 launch was turbulent, with an official price of R$4.000,00 and resealed PS4s from Paraguay being sold in the gray market.

And most people that uses PC as an argument in Brazil generally doesn't have neither a current gen console nor a powerful enough PC to run new releases. Good luck building a PC for R$5.000,00 that will last for the next 7 years allowing you to play new releases in good enough configurations. Not even talking about exclusives.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned

It's one of the most friendly console launch in Brazil's history, taking into account price and official support.

I don't know why some people are complaining, last Nintendo consoles and handhelds had terrible prices and official support, and even PS4 launch was turbulent, with an official price of R$4.000,00 and resealed PS4s from Paraguay being sold in the gray market.

And most people that uses PC as an argument in Brazil generally doesn't have neither a current gen console nor a powerful enough PC to run new releases. Good luck building a PC for R$5.000,00 that will last for the next 7 years allowing you to play new releases in good enough configurations. Not even talking about exclusives.

Good luck trying to buy as many games PC gamers can buy with those awful prices. Unless you're rich. (maybe you are, lucky you)

Brazilians are so fucked that when the company fucks them gently they think it's friendly.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

I'm having the same opinion... seems like Sony learned a lot with PS4 launch including not taking unreal profits over the price... PS4 was priced here absurds $1200 in 2013.

PS5 normal version is $850 in 1x and $950 in 2-12x.

I was expecting some $1200 again... R$6300... I saved up R$8000 for that.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
I'm having the same opinion... seems like Sony learned a lot with PS4 launch including not taking unreal profits over the price... PS4 was priced here absurds $1200.

Are the games still printed in Manaus?

Why are they priced like that then?

lock2k

Banned
I don't have any info about that.

This is my biggest curiosity. Because, if these games are being made here and charged for that price, that isn't fair at all. It's Lucro Brasil all over again, but being diluted in games instead of consoles.

I'm really curious about MS pricing strategy for Brazil. Those motherfuckers are quiet.

ethomaz

Banned
This is my biggest curiosity. Because, if these games are being made here and charged for that price, that isn't fair at all. It's Lucro Brasil all over again, but being diluted in games instead of consoles.

I'm really curious about MS pricing strategy for Brazil. Those motherfuckers are quiet.
That info will come probably if some site make a interview with Sony or MS and ask it... that is how we know Xbox One was assembled here and PS4 in the first year not.

Gp1

For 5k i'll buy me 3/4 of my next gen PC.

So no.

That's not how it works.

Last edited:
The negative part of this is that I am not seeing the gray market selling any significantly cheaper, exactly because we all expected official prices to be much worse, wich gives the Idea that we are willing to pay for that price that still is high for Just an entertainning system

Quero toda a praticidade, comodidade e beleza na minha sala de estar que só um console oferece, aliado a jogos de alta qualidade que vejo nos exclusivos da Sony que muito me interessam.

PC não é mais comigo. Abandonei.

Theres always a PC preacher behaving like mormons all over the place on the internet, thinking that people are willing to adapt to PC gamer life style and it happens so easily, and this is Just boring

They have a hard time to understsand that console gamers have other priorities and cant stress on having a giant piece of hardware with boring, sluggish windows to Power on Just to have some fun.

I for one am excited about How ridiculously Quick You can access games on ps5. Nextgen consoles Will be so Quick, simples and confortable to use Just to play your favorite games that wont see the light of day on PC.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Quero toda a praticidade, comodidade e beleza na minha sala de estar que só um console oferece, aliado a jogos de alta qualidade que vejo nos exclusivos da Sony que muito me interessam.

PC não é mais comigo. Abandonei.

Pra mim PC tá sendo uma ótima experiência. Isso tudo é relativo. Ninguém tá agindo como master race aqui, só pontuando inúmeras vantagens que o PC tem nesse mercado de merda chamado Brasil, só isso :)

O que me deixa indignado é o pessoal agindo como se a Sony fosse benevolente com os preços. Sabemos muito bem que se uma mágica acontecesse e amanhã o dólar fosse R$ 3, os preços iriam continuar sendo os mesmos, pois eles veem que é praticável. Os retailers sempre estão testando os limites dos brasileiros e essa porra sempre dá certo, então a gente tá fodido pra eternidade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom