• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bread poll

What is your favourite bread?

• Baguette

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Sliced white / brown

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Multigrain / seed

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • Gluten free

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Tortilla

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Brioche

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Roll or bap

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Croissant

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Naan / Pitta

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Rye

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Sourdough

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • Ciabbatta

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • Was it loaf at first sight?

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Banana

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Bagel

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Pretzel

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Pumpernickel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Tiger / Giraffe

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Hawaiian

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Potato

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dr_octagon

Banned
Then you fail not only as a bread lover, but also a person.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Chris Evans Eat Shit GIF by Knives Out

The number of requests for this thread is zero but it is important to understand bread consumption for my next thesis.

"I am the poster you deserve, but don't need right now."

Michael Scott
(Sun Tzu)

Guess it wasn’t zero after all 👍😁
(Based on the replies and responses)

Should also add. Team sourdough for the win (but alls fair in bread and war 😎)

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

No love for the wonderful croissant? warm, buttery, melts in your mouth whit just a hint of sweetness and salt?

Shame on this board man.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Best bun for burgers = Brioche burger buns. A good thing about the brioche buns is they are never made gigantic. So you get a burger without the risk of too much bun.

Worst bun for burgers = Ciabatta burger buns. Gave it a try. Terrible. The bread is too thick and chewy for burgers. And the square shape of the bun makes it too big.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Best bun for burgers = Brioche burger buns. A good thing about the brioche buns is they are never made gigantic. So you get a burger without the risk of too much bun.

Worst bun for burgers = Ciabatta burger buns. Gave it a try. Terrible. The bread is too thick and chewy for burgers. And the square shape of the bun makes it too big.
I use lettuce buns. With plenty of avocado mayo. I don't like buns on burgers anymore.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief

I prefer sesame buns for burgers and built like this:

GjEXbyl.jpg

I_D

Different breads apply to different foods, so the poll is useless.

The fact that you haven't included Potato Bread, which the greatest bread to use for burgers and dogs, means you clearly won't understand the nuances of proper bread.

As such, OP, I say good day.

GeekyDad

Just had some store-bought naan last night. I usually only treat myself to it when my wife and I go out for Indian food every few months, but the day before I made a failed attempt to make homemade roti breads, and had to console myself with some naan when I saw it. Pretty generic stuff, but it did the trick. As far as what I keep in the house for myself, maybe once every week or two for a sandwich, I use Ezekiel bread.

dr_octagon

Banned
Different breads apply to different foods, so the poll is useless.

The fact that you haven't included Potato Bread, which the greatest bread to use for burgers and dogs, means you clearly won't understand the nuances of proper bread.

As such, OP, I say good day.
Peace Out Reaction GIF

Durien

I bought a bread machine and best purchase I have made in a while. Easy to make, easy to clean and tastes delicious.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You have baguettes with soup or pasta or before a meal with butter.

If u want lunch u want a sandwich with sliced bread.

Top Bottom