• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Woman turned away a man holding a 64 piece pizza. Cold blooded.

And what a good toss! Man, this show has the fucking best (luckiest) improvisational moments of anything I've ever seen/

KingDirk

Oh man I love Bob Odenkirk so much. So glad he's playing a larger part this season.

Also, can't believe nobody else freaked out when Saul called the cleaner guy! That was intense.

B.K.

purg3 said:
pizza on the roof :lol

I really hope that wasn't intentional, though the shot from the roof makes it seem like it was. It would have been even better if that pizza just happened to land up there by chance. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

The tension in the scene for me was only there because I was worried they were gonna cut to black before it was over.

This ep will probably end up on the lower end of the episode rankings this season.

Holy crap - that ending was intense!

Great episode this week. Love the pizza toss. Pepper spray was crazy at the beginning, we have the return of the bell-ringer, and Hank smugly trying to explain the situation to his wife cracked me up. The Saul / Jesse stuff was great, too.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
The tension in the scene for me was only there because I was worried they were gonna cut to black before it was over.

This ep will probably end up on the lower end of the episode rankings this season.
If this is true, then wow, I can't wait for the ride. The previews for the next episode look so intense.

bucklam66

I will be surprised if everything in the preview for the next episode is in it, if so, it looks great. lol at Jessie's parents.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
FUCK, what a great episode. Odenkirk was great, and the pizza toss was even better. I wonder if they intended that all along, or if it just happened? If it's the former, I wonder how many takes it took. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

There should be a gif of Walt singing "Horse With No Name" as the cops pull up in his rearview mirror.

But instead of a copcar, it's
site_28_rand_1008829298_black_snake_moan_maxed.jpg

- Sepinwall's review
Walt's flinging of the pizza onto the garage roof seemed so impressive that I asked Vince Gilligan if there was any special work by the crew to aid its flight. Here's what he said:
Vince Gilligan said:
Our special effects expert did indeed work up some mechanism for getting the pizza out of the box and onto the roof, using fishline or somesuch. However, to the best of my knowledge, his rig was never used. What you see in the finished episode is take one, in which Bryan basically just did a Hail Mary toss and got it up there in one try!
:O

SpeedingUptoStop

got2bekidding said:
If this is true, then wow, I can't wait for the ride. The previews for the next episode look so intense.
I gotta feeling we're in for some reeeeally crazy shit when Walt starts cooking again.

Max

I am not Max
got2bekidding said:
Seriously, that episode was great.

So, Saul is connected to the professional guy, the professional guy is connected to Gus, and Gus is connected to the twins who were connected with Tuco and company. Holy shit this is getting complicated.

B.K.

I wonder if the series creator has a plan for the show. I hope they don't drag it out too long and end it when it needs to end.

KingDirk

WHAT IS GUS'S ROLE IN ALL THIS?

DOES SAUL KNOW HIS CLEANER KNOWS GUS?

DOES THE CLEANER KNOW THE COUSINS ARE CONNECTED TO GUS?

GAHHHHHHHHHHH

Persona7

Banned
KingDirk said:
WHAT IS GUS'S ROLE IN ALL THIS?

DOES SAUL KNOW HIS CLEANER KNOWS GUS?

DOES THE CLEANER KNOW THE COUSINS ARE CONNECTED TO GUS?

GAHHHHHHHHHHH
Gonna need some thoughts from others on this as well, asap.

Fordzilla said:
Amazing episode. I have no idea what to expect now that Gus is linked to these mafia guys.
Gus has got to be BMOC. I just wonder about the twins. They seem to me that they are the X Factor in that they want to get revenge for the old bell ringing man.

BigAT

Max said:
So, Saul is connected to the professional guy, the professional guy is connected to Gus, and Gus is connected to the twins who were connected with Tuco and company. Holy shit this is getting complicated.
Fordzilla said:
Amazing episode. I have no idea what to expect now that Gus is linked to these mafia guys.
I think you're misinterpreting what happened in that final scene, I nearly did the same thing. I'm pretty sure that the twins picked up Walt's (second) cell phone and saw the "Pollos" text message, as opposed to Gus actually texting one of the twins' phones. I don't believe that Gus is actually connected to them, although they clearly know who he is since they got out of there pretty quickly after seeing the text.

Cornballer said:
That's what I thought, too, but in the video interview w/ Vince Gilligan, (4:20 mark) he says that it's Gus specifically txt'ing the twins to call them off.
I stand corrected. In that case, CRAZY IMPLICATIONS.

Wiggum2007

BigAT said:
I think you're misinterpreting what happened in that final scene, I nearly did the same thing. I'm pretty sure that the twins picked up Walt's (second) cell phone and saw the "Pollos" text message, as opposed to Gus actually texting one of the twins' phones. I don't believe that Gus is actually connected to them, although they clearly know who he is since they got out of there pretty quickly after seeing the text.

What? Pretty sure one of the twins pulled the phone out of his jacket.

BigAT said:
Oh! I forgot about Walt's cell phone. Very astute.

edit: Turns out it was the brother's phone. :/ If I remember right, Walt had a flip phone and not a slider.

Good episode.

I liked the pizza on the roof-thing. The makers of BB have to have a soft spot for unexpected, kind of surreal situations.

The crotch-grabbing was a bit too much, I found.

I'm also a bit torn on the two Mexican gangsters. I mean, I know they're bad. But it's so laid on thick that it's almost not serious. But then again, it does make the whole thing more colorful (because the show IS colorful, both literally and figuratively).

KingDirk

BigAT said:

I wish I got a better shot of the cell phone. If it is that they're just afraid of messing with one of Gus's guys, then damn Gus is a bad dude.

If that is the case, though, then WHY WOULD WALTER BRING HIS SECOND CELL PHONE WITH HIM?

Love this show so much.

EDIT: Cornballer, you are always three steps ahead.

BigAT said:
That's what I thought, too, but in the video interview w/ Vince Gilligan, (4:20 mark) he says that it's Gus specifically txt'ing the twins to call them off.

Wiggum2007 said:

Yeah, agreed. I think that Saul's assistant called the dude who talked to Gus, and that he had a text sent to the twins.

Wiggum2007 said:

Yeah, I thought so too, but when I saw Pollo's I was wondering if it was Walt's phone. I'm watching the rebroadcast now so I'll look for it again to see if I can tell where he grabs the phone from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom