• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show looks so good - love the way they shoot it.
CajoleJuice said:
I wonder if they speak English.
I wonder if they'll ever have any lines in the show.

Speaking of creepy - Gus is weird as all hell.

Fordzilla

This season will be amazing. So much shit has hit the fan at once. That was definitely not the last we will hear from Gus.

Cornballer said:
Show looks so good - love the way they shoot it.I wonder if they'll ever have any lines in the show.

Speaking of creepy - Gus is weird as all hell.
He's a millionaire meth dealer. Would you expect him to be an average Joe?

Really nice setup for the rest of the season. Always nice to have multiple fantastic shows to watch during a given week.

Can't wait to see what happens with El Pollo Hermanos man (Gus? Been too long since I've seen S2). Walt's comment about him being "professional" was most definitely foreshadowing later issues.

- Sepinwall's writeup

Interesting tidbit about the explosion:
The Cousins are played, in fact, by a pair of brothers, only one of whom had any acting experience: Luis Moncada (the actor) and his brother Daniel (the rookie). Basically, they loved Luis's audition and asked if he had any relatives who looked like him. Both have screen presence to burn, as well as the self-possession to not flinch when the truck blew up. I asked Gilligan about that scene, just to confirm my assumption that it was a practical special effect and not something created later by computers. Vince wrote:
Vince Gilligan said:
No CG! That was definitely a practical effect, Alan -- the two Cousins were sixty feet from the truck when it blew up (although it looks like they were even closer than that due to the long lens which was used on the camera). All that flaming stuff you see raining down around them -- and even in FRONT of them, if you look closely enough -- was truly there, and not added in afterwards. I'm so proud of Luis and Daniel Moncada for the way they pulled that off. Bryan Cranston, their director, told them we'd get only one take at it, so they'd better not flinch... and by God, they didn't!

Costanza

Banned
Oh my fucking god that was a fucking incredible premiere jesus fucking christ this show is so fucking god damn fucking good my fucking god holy shit

Half Million in Cash :lol

(Haven't seen it yet watching the encore, but judging by a couple comments I'm in for something hella good so lets just keep on dancingingigg)

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Costanza said:
Oh my fucking god that was a fucking incredible premiere jesus fucking christ this show is so fucking god damn fucking good my fucking god holy shit

Did you LIKE the episode at all, Costanza? :lol

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
sepinwall recognized and pegged the therapist too!

• That was Jere Burns as the rehab counselor. He's best-known as a sitcom actor. but like many comedy types, he can pretty easily make the transition to drama (see also the fella with two Emmys on his shelf for playing Walter White). The monologue about how he killed his daughter while hungry for cocaine was a very nice moment, and a reminder that Walt and Jesse aren't the only characters in this world to have caused pain, suffering and death for others.

i probably, shamefully, recognize him from when WILL & GRACE was on tv. or maybe that PERRY MASON movie? i'm not sure. my mom watches a lot of that stuff.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Great start to the season. Next week looks like it could be nuts.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
his face completely nailed the "What....? No...." Answer. Incredible. At first, shock, then, supreme interest in how she concluded that awnser.

Best acting on television. Subtle anger/shock masked by what was actually a brilliant denial of accusation. She gave him an out with the pot, he should have taken it!

beelzebozo said:
sepinwall recognized and pegged the therapist too!

i probably, shamefully, recognize him from when WILL & GRACE was on tv. or maybe that PERRY MASON movie? i'm not sure. my mom watches a lot of that stuff.

I recognized him but can't pinpoint how. His performance was really good.

big_z

mexican terminators ftw!

the premier cleaned up almost everything from last season so we can get back to the cooking and killing. the only thing left is walt growing some balls and changing his mind on the offer gus gave him which im sure will happen next episode.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Cornballer said:
Show looks so good - love the way they shoot it.I wonder if they'll ever have any lines in the show.

It would be fantastic if they didn't have a single line the entire season. ^_^

Man I hate Skylar.

I don't care if this cat is deceptive and deals meth, taking his kids is a stone cold bitch move.
She's not even asking questions and just assuming the worst, your worst kind of bullshit artist right there. Yes sir.

Sure you could make the argument about her protecting the kids, etc., but Walt's obviously not violent and unless she's predicting some drive-by shooting then whatever.

I'm all for the white hot slow burn idea but today's episode seemed a little slow.
Love Jesse and Walt though. It's like father and son. Poor Flynn. His mom's a bitch.

BigAT

I'm constantly amazed at just how wonderful this show is each and every week. The acting, writing and cinematography are stunning in every way. So many other shows would have drawn out the question of whether or not Skyler would find him out for another couple of seasons, milking it until it was completely empty and a worthless plot device. But they just smack you in the face with such a huge revelation, without warning in such a raw, honest moment. Fantastic.

Here's the IMDB bio for the actor that played the head of the rehab group, Jere Burns. I don't believe I've seen any of his work, but he was very good in tonight's episode. The story of his daughter was chillingly well done.

Great stuff. My favorite scene was definitely Walt's rambling rationalization of the crash (and his own involvement) in front of all those school kids in the Highland High school gym.

So happy this show is back. Good episode, and it looks like there are couple of straight out monsters on the show now. Should be interesting to see what happens with the twins.

Also Walt's speech during the assembly was fantastic.

BigAT

When Walt was cutting off the crust from his sandwich, was anyone else reminded of season one when Crazy 8 peels off the crust while chained up in the basement? The whole tossing matches into the pool thing is also done in the pilot episode.

big_z

Is this walts bedroom from his house?
axemen.jpg

Eric WK

BigAT said:
When Walt was cutting off the crust from his sandwich, was anyone else reminded of season one when Crazy 8 peels off the crust while chained up in the basement?

Walt himself cuts them off Crazy 8' sandwich in the exact same manner he does in this episode.

Buckethead said:
Man I hate Skylar.

I don't care if this cat is deceptive and deals meth, taking his kids is a stone cold bitch move.
She's not even asking questions and just assuming the worst, your worst kind of bullshit artist right there. Yes sir.

Sure you could make the argument about her protecting the kids, etc., but Walt's obviously not violent and unless she's predicting some drive-by shooting then whatever.

I'm all for the white hot slow burn idea but today's episode seemed a little slow.
Love Jesse and Walt though. It's like father and son. Poor Flynn. His mom's a bitch.

Let's say you get married and it turns out your spouse is a drug kingpin.

Sounds like the kind of environment you want your children to be raised in.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Breaking Bad- 3x01: "No Mas"
Don't ask, just take, but be sure to call dibs on the avatar you've grabbed so there are no duplicate users. ^_^

fOY5M.gif
p5R26.gif
SF9R3.gif
tyWft.gif
mN4K2.gif
DWU4Q.gif
maLaJ.gif

REyRE.gif
o7jzu.gif
w2KIf.gif
SejYr.gif
HjUOT.gif
vR8gB.gif
z72SY.gif

pRij7.gif
QuHHD.gif
0ye9D.gif
7vaVg.gif

"No mas!" is Spanish for "no more!" ^_^

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
OneEightZero said:
Breaking Bad- 3x01: "No Mas"
Don't ask, just take, but be sure to call dibs on the avatar you've grabbed so there are no duplicate users. ^_^

7vaVg.gif

"No mas!" is Spanish for "no more!" ^_^

I'll take this one if its okay

Dibs

woodchuck

amazing episode. cinematography is gorgeous.

been a while since i've seen season 2. skylar mentioned she figured out walt was a drug dealer partly based on accumulated money. what episode did skylar find the money?

harSon

Banned
woodchuck said:
amazing episode. cinematography is gorgeous.

been a while since i've seen season 2. skylar mentioned she figured out walt was a drug dealer partly based on accumulated money. what episode did skylar find the money?

She's talking about the $100,000 in hospital bills that he was able to pay without the help of his wealthy friends.

Drahcir

Cornballer said:
- Sepinwall's writeup

Interesting tidbit about the explosion:

Thanks for that tidbit! That explosion scene was totally effective simply due to the two actors' performance. The fact that they didn't flinch just made them that much scarier. I LOVE how the scenes involving the two brothers had no dialogue (excepting for the one kid in the truck scene). So brilliant. They didn't need to say a word to show that Walt is in deep, deep shit this season. :lol

big_z said:
Might want to edit that out, people can be touchy about TEH SPOILERSS!!!1

Sirpopopop said:
Let's say you get married and it turns out your spouse is a drug kingpin.
Sounds like the kind of environment you want your children to be raised in.
Maybe it's because I'm desensitized because I've known lots of people who used to watch out for cops because their parents cooked meth, but yeah, given Walt's demeanor and history I wouldn't react that harshly.

What really annoys me is she asks no questions. If she were to gank the kids as some sort of gut reaction, that's fine, but she clearly premeditated the
divorce papers
off of an assumption *only*.
Then when given the opportunity she doesn't ask any other questions.

So he makes meth, does that make him a bad father? Is that sufficient reason to take away a son from a father? This of course is taking into account that Walt was repentant and clearly wanted Skylar back and was ready to give up "the life".

I don't know, she's just a bia bia and shows no remorse.

I bet that bizzle be cheating. For sheezy. Like for awhile now.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
2j2jjh5.jpg

Dibs.

Awesome episode. I loved the directing and the cinematography in all the cousins scenes. And Bryan Cranston's still putting on a clinic. Just give that dude the Emmy now. Fuck.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I don't like Skylar either, but her actions aren't unrealistic.
She knows he's up to something. The reason why she doesn't ask is because she can't summon up the courage; she doesn't want to know exactly what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom