• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordzilla

The brother on the right (I'm not convinced they're twins) pulled the phone from his coat pocket. It was definitely not Walt's phone. Mike called Gus, and Gus texted the bad ass brothers. I thought it was very clear.

However, how did a text message "pollos" mean: stop the execution?

I thought Pollos had to do with the chicken place Gus is running. Maybe a reference to Gus would be sufficient to call off the operation?

KingDirk

perryfarrell said:
However, how did a text message "pollos" mean: stop the execution?

I thought Pollos had to do with the chicken place Gus is running. Maybe a reference to Gus would be sufficient to call off the operation?

Probably just means he was calling them to meet him there. Of course, with the numerous ones there are, there's got to be more there.

Persona7

Banned
Err, wait

Ok, the cleaner guy called Pollos. Then pollos called the cartel guys directly or did he call someone else and then that person called the twins and told them to back off because pollos holds some clout in the drug world.

Or is Pollos higher up and able to greenlight/abort things. I thought he would have wanted walt dead but he is too valuable to lose.

NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW SPOILERS

Was that Hank and Walt beating the shit out of each other, stupid DVR did not record the preview so I can't go rewatch it

Evenflow

KingDirk said:
WHAT IS GUS'S ROLE IN ALL THIS?

DOES SAUL KNOW HIS CLEANER KNOWS GUS?

DOES THE CLEANER KNOW THE COUSINS ARE CONNECTED TO GUS?

GAHHHHHHHHHHH

Well when Saul connected Walter with Gus he was like "I know a guy that knows a guy", so I'm assuming the guy he knows was the cleaner who was the connection to Gus.

I'm surprised that Gus doesn't just give Walt and Jesse a safe place to cook. Of course, that wouldn't make a very good show.

edit: I can't say it wouldn't make a very good show, but it would take some of the excitement away.

Damn some of you guys are twisting things. Mike called Gus, Gus texted the cousins. Pollos maybe didn't mean stop the hit but it caught their attention, they probably went to the restaurant like Walt did when he got "Pollos" texted to him. I assume we'll see how the cousins and Gus are related to each other in future episodes.

woodchuck said:
clarifies some stuff.
Sounds good, will watch.:D

About the preview:
edit:
So it turns out Gus isn't BMOC as far as the whole organization but just the region. I wonder if we will ever see the guy in charge of the whole operation?

Just got to say thanks to AMC for running a commercial for next weeks episode before this week's episode even finished on the west coast.

While I'm at it, spent the last week catching up with season's 1 and 2, only to get spoiled by AMC's lower third popping up in their other programming saying "ZOMG WALT'S WIFE KNOWS"

Good times.

Equus Bellator Apex

perryfarrell said:
Good episode.

I liked the pizza on the roof-thing. The makers of BB have to have a soft spot for unexpected, kind of surreal situations.

The crotch-grabbing was a bit too much, I found.

I'm also a bit torn on the two Mexican gangsters. I mean, I know they're bad. But it's so laid on thick that it's almost not serious. But then again, it does make the whole thing more colorful (because the show IS colorful, both literally and figuratively).
Him grabbing his crotch I felt was completly in character because of what we've seen so far Walt has no idea how to act when he losses control of his anger.

xbhaskarx

KingDirk said:
WHAT IS GUS'S ROLE IN ALL THIS?

DOES SAUL KNOW HIS CLEANER KNOWS GUS?

DOES THE CLEANER KNOW THE COUSINS ARE CONNECTED TO GUS?

GAHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah what the hell is going on here, I'm so confused by that sequence of calls...

perryfarrell said:
Good episode.

I liked the pizza on the roof-thing. The makers of BB have to have a soft spot for unexpected, kind of surreal situations.

The crotch-grabbing was a bit too much, I found.

I'm also a bit torn on the two Mexican gangsters. I mean, I know they're bad. But it's so laid on thick that it's almost not serious. But then again, it does make the whole thing more colorful (because the show IS colorful, both literally and figuratively).
He did the crotch grab in the FIRST episode of the series. It's an established Walt move.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
How did Tuco's uncle know Walter White's name by the way? I need to freshen up on the past couple of seasons. I loved the scene where Jesse bought back his old house after his parents remodeled it.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Having not watched the preview, maybe this has been settled already, but, if the Cousins are cartel, and Gus, being a controlling distributer throughout that entire neighbourhood of states, is probably in business with the cartel, then it is understandable that Gus would have a line of communication with the cartel.

Further, I think we can assume that Tuco, as an agent of the cartel, would have known Gus, at the very least, professionally, and that therefore, Tuco's cousins (The Cousins), being in close association with Tuco, might know Gus as well.

Finally, if Gus knows the Cousins, and the PI/Cleaner knows Gus, it is within the realm of possibility that the PI/Cleaner would be familiar with the Cousins, if only by appearance, and would have been able to properly assess the situation that was unfolding in front of him and report it to Gus, who then sent a pre-agreed upon communique to the Cousins, requiring their immediate attention for business purposes, which for the cartel, comes first.

Yeah.

Anton668

AlternativeUlster said:
How did Tuco's uncle know Walter White's name by the way?

when Tuco kidnapped walt and jess, he went through walts wallet and found his id and said the name aloud in front of him.

Great episode again this week. Slower paced but still riveting. Loved how Jesse screwed over his own parents!

Also does anyone have a YouTube link for the promo for next week's episode?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Anton668 said:
when Tuco kidnapped walt and jess, he went through walts wallet and found his id and said the name aloud in front of him.
plus walt was in the news a little I think, for the website

as for "pollos"

I assumed that was just the "title" of the message and that there was something else they read we didn't see.

Mohonky

I got the impression it was along the lines of;

- Cleaner contacts Pollos dude about whats happening
- Pollos being such a high end distributor likely has some higher ruling over the twins, it's likely Tuco was just a lacky for the guy from Pollos as he is a very hands off dealer, the top of the food chain who just supplies to heads of gangs.
- That being the case, cutting off his manufacturer (Walt) would be a bad move for all involved and the repurcussions would be....you'd disappear so to speak.

big_z

i dont know how you can be confused but if you guys are just watch the next episode preview, explains everything.

i was surprised the twins made it to walts house so fast, i thought them closing in would be a big part of this season. however after watching the episode 3 preview shit is going to get awesome. cant wait for the
machete
scene.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Staccat0 said:
plus walt was in the news a little I think, for the website

as for "pollos"

I assumed that was just the "title" of the message and that there was something else they read we didn't see.

"Pollos" means "get your ass to the black man's chicken place".

Wiggum2007

Anyone else feel the twins are way more cheesy than scary/badass so far? I'll still give them a chance though, seeing as we're only a couple episodes in.

xbhaskarx

AlternativeUlster said:
How did Tuco's uncle know Walter White's name by the way?

When they were at the uncle's house, Tuco pulled Walt's driver's license out of his wallet and said "Walter (middle name) White? I thought your name was Heisenberg?"

Edit: beaten, I didn't refresh the page...

big_z

Wiggum2007 said:
Anyone else feel the twins are way more cheesy than scary/badass so far? I'll still give them a chance though, seeing as we're only a couple episodes in.

no way they're awesome! they're related to tuco how can they be cheesy...

xbhaskarx

Wiggum2007 said:

I really hope they start talking soon. I don't care if it's in English or Spanish, but in real life people often communicate verbally.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
really enjoyed last night's episode. nice to see a little bit of walt trying to get back on the rails. . . watching him so completely unhinged (by walt standards) is a little unsettling.

i find the anton chigurh references with the twins a little distracting though.

WillyFive

This last episode was even better than the first.

It was incredible.

By the time we got to see the old man with the bell again, it was all epic from thereon.

Especially the pizza on the roof.

AnkitT

bbi5iy.gif

And the episode was incredible, the buildup towards the end was phenomenal. I thought that this would end right at the moment the twins were sitting in his bedroom. :lol

What confuses me is that the cleaner seemed to didn't know the twins were stopping by Walt's home, so he calls Gus and says "we have a problem". This makes me think that Gus was one step ahead of everyone else and sent the twins to scare Skylar so Walt could continue cooking. When the cleaner called up Gus, he tells him that Walter is in the house, and Gus calls it off by texting the twins "pollos".

But then again, why did the twins stay in the bedroom, even if they knew the person was Walt in the shower?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Jason's Ultimatum said:
What confuses me is that the cleaner seemed to didn't know the twins were stopping by Walt's home, so he calls Gus and says "we have a problem". This makes me think that Gus was one step ahead of everyone else and sent the twins to scare Skylar so Walt could continue cooking. When the cleaner called up Gus, he tells him that Walter is in the house, and Gus calls it off by texting the twins "pollos".

But then again, why did the twins stay in the bedroom, even if they knew the person was Walt in the shower?

they were clearly after walt after getting his name from the fresh prince of bell-air

big_z

Jason's Ultimatum said:

-gus sent the cleaner to keep and eye on skylar
-the twins were sent from the mexican cartel (relatives of tuco) to kill walt
-the cleaner saw the twins and informed gus
-gus who works for the same mexican cartel calls the twins off

watch the 5 minute preview of episode 3 if you need to, explains the whole thing.

big_z said:

watch the 5 minute preview of episode 3 if you need to, explains the whole thing.

Aaaaaaah. Number 2 makes perfect sense. Now everything is clear. :lol

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Clevinger said:
What references, exactly?

the cold-blooded quiet determination. sense that someone is a force of nature. slowly and calmly sitting down on the bed to wait for someone. someone mentioned the truck scene from last week seemed very coen-esque, and i agree with that.

it's not bad, but i see them and can't help but feel they're heavily influenced by chigurh. i could be reading too much into it though. the reference isn't bad, just strikes me as pervasive.

gdt

What an incredible episode. God I love this show.

Jesse screwing over his parents was so great, btw.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
yeah, i took special pleasure in watching jesse's parents get fucked. saul tearing them apart in the meeting was glorious. odenkirk deserves an award for that shit.

Fordzilla

Staccat0 said:
as for "pollos"

No way. A millionaire drug distributor would not be sending text messages with incriminating content to anyone. 'Pollos' is a codeword, as we've seen several times with Walter.

big_z said:

I take issue with the first and last statements in the spoiler tags.

First, it was made fairly clear that
Mike(the cleaner) was sent by Saul to watch Skyler. Remember Saul called Mike when he was at the playground with his daughter, and Saul said 'We may have a wife problem.'

I could be wrong on this one, because this is what I interpretted from the sneak-peek on AMC.com. It appeared to me that
Gus doesn't work for the Mexican cartel. He is the head of his own cartel, but he is in business with the Mexicans. The meeting between Gus and the Mexicans was simply him giving them a chance to explain what they are doing in his territory without his permission, trying to kill his meth cook.

big_z

Fordzilla said:
Mike(the cleaner) was sent by Saul to watch Skyler. Remember Saul called Mike when he was at the playground with his daughter, and Saul said 'We may have a wife problem.'

woops my bad, you are right it was saul who sent the cleaner but saul works for gus or is at least associated with him so it all loops back.

Fordzilla said:
No way. A millionaire drug distributor would not be sending text messages with incriminating content to anyone. 'Pollos' is a codeword, as we've seen several times with Walter.

I take issue with the first and last statements in the spoiler tags.

I could be wrong on this one, because this is what I interpretted from the sneak-peek on AMC.com. It appeared to me that
Gus doesn't work for the Mexican cartel. He is the head of his own cartel, but he is in business with the Mexicans. The meeting between Gus and the Mexicans was simply him giving them a chance to explain what they are doing in his territory without his permission, trying to kill his meth cook.

The first point I thought the same, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom