• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holepunch said:
Am I the only one who's they revealed Walt to be the one who poisoned Brock? It had the same flaws as it did 2 weeks ago.

-Walt didn't know who Brock was
-Walt didn't know Brock's significance to Jesse.
-Walt didn't know where Brock lived
-How exactly did Walt get the poison into Brock?
-How did Walt steal Jesse's cigarette to make him think it was ricin?

The only time I recall Brock and Walt being anywhere near each other is the time he was on the couch and Walt went to visit Jesse. He only saw the kid briefly. Right after that he got tased and dragged into the desert so it's not like he could've followed the kid home from there.

Is there any scenes I'm forgetting or am I suppose to assume all these flaws got taken care of off-camera?

The first three were answered when Walt showed up at Jesse's house and saw them combined with Saul dropping off the money to Andrea himself.

OH MY GOD and also he knew what grade Brock was in, REMEMBER??

SHIIIII --

Holepunch said:
Am I the only one who's they revealed Walt to be the one who poisoned Brock? It had the same flaws as it did 2 weeks ago.

The only time I recall Brock and Walt being anywhere near each other is the time he was on the couch and Walt went to visit Jesse. He only saw the kid briefly. Right after that he got tased and dragged into the desert so it's not like he could've followed the kid home from there.

Is there any scenes I'm forgetting or am I suppose to assume all these flaws got taken care of off-camera?
Walt knows Saul's number and could get all of that info.

Leucrota

People are saying Mike and Jesse will team up to kill Walt.

Um, why would Mike not just leave 'the game' and go to Bora Bora the rest of his life? He was just almost killed, apparently does not have enough loyalty to Gus to even tell him that Walt wanted to kill him (he only punched Walt at the bar, remember?), he is getting old, and probably sitting on a mountain of cash from working with Gus for so long.

I think it would be stupid for Mike to go after Walt unless something insane happens.

IMACOMPUTA

BertramCooper said:
I'm very interested to see what happens to the meth production.

Both cartels have been destroyed, but the demand remains. Walt and Jesse no longer have the means to produce the blue stuff on a large scale.

Do they go back to producing small batches and sell it for a premium price? Or do they just abandon it altogether?

I'm hoping for the latter. The seeds for Walt's downfall have already been sown. There's really no need to devote a bunch of time to continued meth production.
I have a feeling S5 is going to be all aftermath. They'd have to cram so much in to tie up all the loose-ends AND have a meth storyline from start to finish. It's gonna be Walt vs. Jesse with Hank figuring shit out.

kehs

Banned
PatMcAtee said:

Um, why would Mike not just leave 'the game' and go to Bora Bora the rest of his life? He was just almost killed, apparently does not have enough loyalty to Gus to even tell him that Walt wanted to kill him (he only punched Walt at the bar, remember?), he is getting old, and probably sitting on a mountain of cash from working with Gus for so long.

I think it would be stupid for Mike to go after Walt unless something insane happens.

Why would the two sergeants just drop their investigation? Heisenberg is still out there.

Salsa

PatMcAtee said:

Um, why would Mike not just leave 'the game' and go to Bora Bora the rest of his life?.

We know very little about him. Its hard to say what's he's involvement in the whole situation besides it just being business, and i think there's something else there.

PatMcAtee said:

He cares about Jesse now.

Salsa

BenjaminBirdie said:
He cares about Jesse now.

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeah i dont know..

I think he gained some respect towards him when it comes to being on the job, but to go out of his way to help him? nah

TheBranca18 said:
There were other ways he could have 'saved' his family. Jesse wasn't going to kill his family, Gus was. He could have just killed Gus without Jesse. His actions are not justifiable and if Skylar ever heard of them she would run so fucking far.
Nevermind that he had an out (and paid chemo, too) in the first season and refused the offer.

Like someone else said, this whole exercise is Walt's revenge on the world and how it has wronged him.

Walt poisoned a boy, sent an elderly lady to what could have been her death, carried a bomb around a hospital, and could have killed innocents in the blast at the care home. What a great guy!

Amazing episode, can't wait to see how twisted Walt becomes and who foils him in the last season.

SalsaShark said:
yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeah i dont know..

I think he gained some respect towards him when it comes to being on the job, but to go out of his way to help him? nah

I can see Jesse being at least the impetus. A showdown between Walt and Mike solely to inform Walt that Jesse is a "good kid" and Mike just wants to make sure he's okay. Walt, as is typical, would be all "Jesse's exactly what I want him to be and nothing more" thinking Mike is predisposed to be against Walt, which gives Mike pause and gives him the drive to take Walt down.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Walt poisoned a boy, sent an elderly lady to what could have been her death, carried a bomb around a hospital, and could have killed innocents in the blast at the care home. What a great guy!
Sounds like an asshole.

Salsa

BenjaminBirdie said:
I can see Jesse being at least the impetus. A showdown between Walt and Mike solely to inform Walt that Jesse is a "good kid" and Mike just wants to make sure he's okay. Walt, as is typical, would be all "Jesse's exactly what I want him to be and nothing more" thinking Mike is predisposed to be against Walt, which gives Mike pause and gives him the drive to take Walt down.

I see where you're coming from, but i just dont see it happening. I dont think there's gonna be any real threat other than "the truth" after Gus. They're not gonna try to top that as far as an antagonist goes.

Something's definetly gonna happen with Mike, but i think that's more to the case to make the show stand one more season. One could say filler i guess, though i wouldnt call it that at all.

Holepunch said:

The show isn't over. Just because you don't know how something happened yet doesn't mean shit.

IMACOMPUTA

SalsaShark said:
k, what's your take on this then:

Walt's a complex character.
Of course that would be the "right" decision..
(Wasn't he planning on using Saul's guy to disappear but didn't have the money because Skyler gave it to Beneke?) *cue Joker laugh*

Walt's ego/pride is the whole reason he's in this mess. (not taking the money from Gretchen, telling Hank that Gale wasn't Heisenberg, etc. etc. etc.)

But that's kind of been the arc of his character. He was tired of being a push-over. Tired of not being in control. Throughout the series he's grown balls and now it's to the point where he's fucking crazy-stupid. He's done a ton of shit he'd never thought he would do. He's so deep in it and desperate, who knows what he'll do next.

It's sad.

zychi

Banned
Holepunch said:

---i'm sure walt and jesse have takled about andrea and her son before. he saw the kid in his house when they fought.

- he let a kid into his house, i'm sure thats pretty significant to jesse after he basically went to rehab

-Walt didn't know where Brock lived- gus didnt know where jesse, walt or anyone else lived, but you can find out.
jesse bought andrea and brock a house/place to live and paid for it, im sure sal would easily tell walt where the house is

sal or sal's bafoons. pretty easy to do when you drop off money to the girl's house very week.

pick pocket/jesse lost it. not a big deal.

you're forgetting a lot.

IMACOMPUTA

Holepunch said:

Saul
Saul
Saul
Saul
Saul

Salsa

IMACOMPUTA said:
Walt's a complex character.
Of course that would be the "right" decision..
(Wasn't he planning on using Saul's guy to disappear but didn't have the money because Skyler gave it to Beneke?) *cue Joker laugh*

I retract what i say: its way easier to disappear just his family without calling the guy.

Tell truth > send family elsewhere > turn yourself in.

Why would Gus go after Walt's family once he's done with? either if he's in jail for his life or killed: his family would be safe.

Also its not about Ego as much as he's just a selfish asshole. He aint a good guy.

Those thinking that Walt will ACTUALLY kill Jesse, you are out of your mind, this will never, ever happen. Even though he did manipulate him (to get rid of Gus, who threatened to kill both of them in Season 3, remember?! ), he considers Jesse as a son, I mean come on, this is obvious, even more obvious when Walt breaks down in front of Walt Jr, then falls asleep and says "thank you, Jesse" or something like that.

Just as Hank won't kill Walt, or the other way around, even though if Hank finds out that all this time, he's been played by Walt, who was right under his nose, he could snap like he snapped with Jesse in Season 3. But Hank likes Walt, and the other way around, if anything, I think that if Hank knows (I think he strongly suspects it), or comes to know, he will let Walt go.

Either Walt dies from cancer, or it will be a situation like The Shield with Walt as the only one standing at the end, orrrrrrrrrrrr Walt and Jesse are druglords and live happily ever after ^^

Love the debates on Walt's morality, I'll admit that many of the things he's done are cold, but I still like him and am rooting for him and still thinks that he's like 50 % good, and 50 % bad (interestingly enough, there are some nice tests on the net to test one's personality, it seemed quite accurate, I'm neutral good ^^ )

Calcaneus

Holepunch said:

All these questions are answered by: Saul was in on it.

DennisK4 said:

1785011,dim:600x404,mode:exact,center:512x345.jpg

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
My prediction? Walter breaks fully bad and becomes the new Gus. Druglord extraordinaire. Or the remainder of the series involves running from Mike and Hank. Mike is still alive and seems rather loyal. It remains to be seen whether his loyalty runs deeper than the pay check he was receiving from Gus.

Salsa

THE-Pink-Dagger said:
Those thinking that Walt will ACTUALLY kill Jesse, you are out of your mind, this will never, ever happen. Even though he did manipulate him (to get rid of Gus, who threatened to kill both of them in Season 3, remember?! ), he considers Jesse as a son, I mean come on, this is obvious, even more obvious when Walt breaks down in front of Walt Jr, then falls asleep and says "thank you, Jesse" or something like that.

and that's totally why he poisoned and risked the life of his girlfriend's kid. Cause that's what you do to sons.

the "thank you, Jesse" only reflects as to how much is Walt missing on his son's life. He spends more time with Jesse than with his own kid, it has nothing to do with how he sees Jesse. The son even adresses this later when he says "night wasnt that bad, at least you were here, you were real."

also:

THE-Pink-Dagger said:
I think that if Hank knows (I think he strongly suspects it), or comes to know, he will let Walt go.

bwahaha

IMACOMPUTA

SalsaShark said:
and that's totally why he poisoned and risked the life of his girlfriend's kid. Cause that's what you do to sons.

the "thank you, Jesse" only reflects as to how much is Walt missing on his son's life. He spends more time with Jesse than with his own kid, it has nothing to do with how he sees Jesse. The son even adresses this later when he says "night wasnt that bad, at least you were here, you were real."

Didn't say he was a good dad.

Puddles said:
Guess a lot of us are retarded then.

I hope he comes out on top in the series finale. Out of the game, safe with his family, and cancer-free. If he loses his money, that won't be too bad.
You said it, not me ;)

If you think Walt is remotely a decent person still you are incapable of interpreting actions. Simple as that.

Window

That seriously blew my mind when I first found out (about Giancarlo Esposito being Buggin' Out). Even his voice sounds different, but I guess 20 years of ageing does that.

SalsaShark said:

also:

bwahaha

Well I don't agree with anything you said, plus Walt saved Jesse's life several times.

That this show can make so many people root for and sympathize with a mass drug producing multiple murderer just shows you how fucking amazing it is.

Holepunch said:

You better call Saul ... cause that's clearly what happened.

Saul knows where the boy lives.
Saul knows said family is very important to Jess and that he gives them money.
By knowing these things it's easy to pass a non-fatal amount of poison to the kid. Slip him a poisoned candy bar or something without him seeing your face. Kid looks like he likes the snacks and might eat something that's unattended.
Saul's beefy chocolate guy likely got the cigs off Jess in that awkward, touchy pat down.

Saul has CLEARLY always been in Walt's corner.

Game-Biz

Holepunch said:

At the time when Walt first saw them, no. But Walt has to figure that those people meant something to Jesse if they were in his house alone and cozy. And when Walt is trying to contemplate how to bring Jesse on over to his side, Walt knows that Jesse has an emotional soft spot for children and is emotionally compromised when they are mistreated.

The answer to this is simple. Saul.

Walt knows that Jesse and Saul still talk. So it would be obvious of Walt to ask Saul if he knows anything about Jesse hanging out with a girl and a young boy. Saul would definitely be able to tell Walt that this family means a WHOLE lot to Jesse and that Jesse is trying to help and take care of them. Walt convinces Saul that it is in his best interest to kill Gus and that if Saul can help Walt to poison Brock and convince Jesse it was Gus, then they have a decent shot at getting it done, as Gus doesn't suspect Jesse to surprise attack him.

Walt knows that he needs to make kid fatally sick so it looks like ricin poisoning, but for Walt to justify morally to himself, the kid cannot die. So Walt decides to use a plant that will mimic the poison, but not as fatal as the ricin (but of course, the plant poison is unpredictable, but generally you would have higher chances of survival with the plant rather than the ricin). Walt convinces Saul that the plant wont kill the kid, it'll bring Jesse to their side, and it'll make killing Gus a thousand times easier.

And Huell, Saul's big body guard, switched cig packs when he basically molested Jesse by frisking him. Wasn't the most graceful frisking either, making it more believable. Now, how the poison actually got into Brock's body -- that no one knows for sure. We just know, under pressure, it had to be done. There's a snippet in the episode of Saul's secretary shredding documents; one of those documents was a school schedule. So it was probably done during school hours (most likely lunch) when Andrea wasn't around.

All of this could have been done in a tight time frame. And the writers wrote it that way so Walt would have enough time. Anyway, I think that the plan was brilliant. It would have to be to outsmart Gus.

LJ11

Walt ran over the dealers who killed Andrea's brother.

He knows about the relationship. Maybe he didn't know who she was when he got to Jesse's home, but a phone call to Saul would take care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom