• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 1 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
iJgnazAJsE5CE.jpg

Breaking Bad is back for Season 5 on AMC. The new season starts Sunday, July 15th at 10pm on AMC. Emmy winners Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul plus the rest of the superb cast are back for another season of meth-fueled suburban chaos. There are only 16 episodes of Breaking Bad left. The first half of season five will air this Summer, and the last eight episodes will air Summer 2013.

Please take the time to read through the OP - in particular the spoiler rules if you're not familiar with how things are done on TV GAF. Let me know about any omissions, errors, dead links, etc... in the thread and I'll fix them up.

AMC said:
About Season 5

Breaking Bad returns to AMC for the first part of its final season on Sunday July 15 at 10/9c. In the highly anticipated new season, a newly empowered and increasingly remorseless Walter White (Bryan Cranston) finds himself attempting to control a tenuous empire. But uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. At the end of Season 4, Walt's war with Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) ended in triumphant victory. Now, his transformation from a well-meaning family man into Heisenberg, a ruthless drug kingpin, is almost complete. No longer under the thumb of a mastermind criminal, Walt now assumes the role of one himself, as he and Jesse (Aaron Paul) look to build their own empire. Meanwhile, Skyler (Anna Gunn) struggles with the reality of her husband's new role and Hank (Dean Norris) works to wrap up his investigation of Gus' business.

About the Show

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

ewjHm.jpg

Cast

Bryan Cranston - Walter White
Anna Gunn - Skyler White
Aaron Paul - Jesse Pinkman
Dean Norris - Hank Schrader
Betsy Brandt - Marie Schrader
RJ Mitte - Walter White, Jr.
Bob Odenkirk - Saul Goodman
Jonathan Banks - Mike​

Wdqpj.jpg
ibtt4COdwBLYUR.jpg
Kw51z.jpg
inYfvQwIG9N3P.jpg
i1VxmXfhvXlit.jpg
ib0kRIWhQanlYv.jpg
ibxjxxSsxZlJJj.jpg
iDiWHQAHumyxr.jpg

Videos:

AMC:
Fan Videos:

Picture Galleries:

Articles, Interviews, and Casting Reports:

Other Links and Media

Hardware:

IsTpR.jpg
Kk9sm.jpg
QKgyU.jpg
cUyQn.jpg
4FmvH.jpg
jwofp.jpg

Upcoming Schedule & Loglines:

S5, Ep1 - Live Free or Die - Jul. 15, 2012
S5, Ep2 - Madrigal - Jul. 22, 2012
S5, Ep3 - Hazard Pay - Jul. 29, 2012
S5, Ep4 - Fifty-One - Aug. 5, 2012
S5, Ep5 - Dead Freight - Aug. 12, 2012
S5, Ep6 - Buyout - Aug. 19, 2012
S5, Ep7 - Everybody Wins - Aug. 26, 2012
S5, Ep8 - Gliding All Over - Sep. 2, 2012​

On Spoilers:

Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once an episode airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
There is a spoiler thread if you'd like to discuss leaks, photos, and other content without spoiler tags:

If anything leaks, please use the other thread for discussion.​

Etiquette and a Plea for Civility:

Things can get a little heated in Breaking Bad threads, and it's a testament to the quality of the show that opinions vary quite widely on numerous characters and plot lines. Please remain civil when you're discussing the show and do not derail the thread with personal insults and other antics. Focus on your side of the debate rather than belittling other posters. There's a lot of interesting content within the show that merits discussion - just be nice while you're arguing about it,
bitch.
:)

Please note the Member Etiquette section of the NeoGAF FAQ and adhere to the recommendations:
NeoGAF FAQ said:
Posting Etiquette

Be polite, please
In general when posting in threads, don't be a dick. Be respectful of other fellow members, and learn to argue against the points in a discussion without making it personal or insulting the other party. Present your points well and others will respect your opinion more. Using proper grammar and avoiding typos will also make it easier for others to understand your message.

Don't derail threads
Forums generally operate differently from chatrooms. While NeoGAF is faster moving than most, and some threads on Off Topic Discussions cover a more general set of topics, it is still best to keep within the perimeters of a discussion. Posting in a manner that would shift the subject of discussion to something completely unrelated to the thread's core discussion point is not welcome.

Let's do this!

unrv5.gif
9KACj.gif

TxAm9.jpg
ibmJyhnUFjs1l6.gif

ibkU4VwcJCUnyp.gif
iH3fwjrxNtb7W.gif

iZq6im1pQI3bI.gif
i2Y7PtVl1vaK4.gif

egKRk.gif
i1EOwsiuI0C1f.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many times the same "is Walter sympathetic/evil" conversation will occur this time. I hope we can continue having the same interesting discourse over and over and over and over and over

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
AW SHIT YEAH! ....BITCH!

H3xum

Shortly after wrapping up season 4 I wished they would have ended the series there, Walt made the transformation of good guy to completely evil guy, the arc was done.

Then after not watching it for a few weeks I wanted more

Give me more

Can't wait for more

Also, please bring me some Mike

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what, part 2 airs next summer? I thought it was due this year. I'm never gonna survive this :(

cornball u da man

so this year's emmy's will have season 4 up for nomination?

in this video we see walt with hair and a beard, i knew cranston wasn't going to put it to waste when i saw him rocking it earlier in the year.

walt junior becomes a rival gang boss.

"Becomes"? He already is! Walter Junior and Flynn parallels Walter and Heisenberg. Walter Jr. also has Louis who parallels Jesse. When Hugo got arrested in Season 1 as a "major pot-head"? That was Walter Junior covering his tracks. Breakfast is merely a cover, excess maple syrup is his ricin.

Anyway, this is how the show must end:
The final episode wraps up and the credits roll. However, after the credits another scene is played. It is breakfast. Walter White (with hair) is talking to Skyler with affection and they are clearly happy together. Walter Junior is sitting at the table, maple-syrup covered pancakes in front of him, staring intensly. Walter then turns to Skyler and says "I wonder what he thinks about while eating breakfast?" and the show ends, the real final credits then play.
A joke of course

Anyway, incredibly hyped for Season 5, I can't believe it's less than a week away now, that gap between season 4 and now was arduous but not as bad as I'm sure Part 1 to Part 2 will be.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say that that's an excellent opening post. The .gifs you've included and the videos are very entertaining.

I've heard so much shit about how awesome this season will be, I cannot wait to start seeing it for myself. I just don't want it to end, though.

*hopes for a BB post-series movie*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom