• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
192wWs0.jpg

Breaking Bad is back for the last half of Season 5 on AMC. The new season starts Sunday, August 11th at 9pm on AMC. The final eight episodes of Breaking Bad will hit Netflix in the UK the day after they air in the States.

Emmy winners Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul plus the rest of the superb cast are back for a final 8-episode season of meth-fueled suburban chaos. It seems unnecessary to lavish more praise on Breaking Bad at this point. As one critic said: "What more is there to say about Breaking Bad? After five seasons, it feels almost beside the point to praise the outstanding acting of its stellar cast, lead by Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Anna Gunn, to laud its cinematography, which raised the standards for television across the board, or to meditate further on the stark clarity of Vince Gilligan's moral vision." So let's dig into these final episodes together and enjoy the conclusion of a great television show.

Please take the time to read through the OP - in particular the spoiler rules if you're not familiar with how things are done on TV GAF. Let me know about any omissions, errors, dead links, etc... in the thread and I'll fix them up.

AMC said:
About the Final Episodes

AMC's Emmy Award-winning drama Breaking Bad returns to AMC for its final eight episodes on Sun., Aug. 11 at 9/8c. At the end of the first half of Season 5, Jesse (Aaron Paul) has abandoned the meth business and parted ways with Walt, who claims to Skyler (Anna Gunn) that he, too, is finished. Yet, in one of the series' most pivotal moments, Hank (Dean Norris) discovers that his unassuming brother-in-law is in fact the elusive Heisenberg he has been tracking for so long. In the highly anticipated series conclusion, the sun begins to set on Walter White's (Bryan Cranston) tenuous empire as the world around him begins to unravel and he finds himself as anything but "the king." Yet, even when all hope might be lost, Walt refuses to back down ó determined to fight until the bitter end.

About the Show

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

XObr8jn.jpg

Cast

Bryan Cranston - Walter White
Anna Gunn - Skyler White
Aaron Paul - Jesse Pinkman
Dean Norris - Hank Schrader
Betsy Brandt - Marie Schrader
RJ Mitte - Walter White, Jr.
Bob Odenkirk - Saul Goodman​

Wdqpj.jpg
ibtt4COdwBLYUR.jpg
Kw51z.jpg
inYfvQwIG9N3P.jpg
i1VxmXfhvXlit.jpg
ib0kRIWhQanlYv.jpg
ibxjxxSsxZlJJj.jpg

Other Links and Media

Videos (This is the best of them, check out the post below for a whole lot more)

U7dU5xD.jpg

On Spoilers:

Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once an episode airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Do not spoiler tag speculation unless it's informed by the preview, interviews, or other information about what's to come
There is a spoiler thread if you'd like to discuss leaks, photos, and other content without spoiler tags:

If anything leaks, please use the other thread for discussion.​

jbwrrHxGPydtPi.jpg

Etiquette and a Plea for Civility:

Things can get a little heated in Breaking Bad threads, and it's a testament to the quality of the show that opinions vary quite widely on numerous characters and plot lines. Please remain civil when you're discussing the show and do not derail the thread with personal insults and other antics. Focus on your side of the debate rather than belittling other posters. There's a lot of interesting content within the show that merits discussion - just be nice while you're arguing about it,
bitch.
:)

Please note the Member Etiquette section of the NeoGAF FAQ and adhere to the recommendations:
NeoGAF FAQ said:
Posting Etiquette

Be polite, please
In general when posting in threads, don't be a dick. Be respectful of other fellow members, and learn to argue against the points in a discussion without making it personal or insulting the other party. Present your points well and others will respect your opinion more. Using proper grammar and avoiding typos will also make it easier for others to understand your message.

Don't derail threads
Forums generally operate differently from chatrooms. While NeoGAF is faster moving than most, and some threads on Off Topic Discussions cover a more general set of topics, it is still best to keep within the perimeters of a discussion. Posting in a manner that would shift the subject of discussion to something completely unrelated to the thread's core discussion point is not welcome.

wQ6r24I.jpg

Reviews:
- Tim Goodman's review for THR: 'Breaking Bad's' Final Season Premiere: TV Review *some vague, minor spoilers*
The Bottom Line: Vince Gilligan and his cast hit the ground running in the show's last eight-episode stretch.
- Variety review
For those onboard since the beginning, ìBreaking Bad's final batch of episodes seems destined to produce nothing less than a frenzy, a testament, in part, to how bracingly unpredictable Vince Gilligan's creation has been. And while the first of these remaining hours does little to suggest whether the wrap-up will ultimately prove worthy of the journey, it's breathtaking stuff, providing tour-de-force moments for the key characters. There's no telling where 'Bad' will wind up. But if this first hit is any indication, the audience is in very good hands.
- NY Daily News:
AMC's dark and masterful drama starts its final eight episodes Aug. 11, and the first of those episodes cranks the vice, ratcheting up the pressure even on those who donít yet feel it. 4 out of 5 stars
- The Wrap: 'Breaking Bad' Review: Is This What Meth Is Like?
I envy you getting to see the return episode for the first time. "Breaking Bad" is still giddily addictive, a joy to watch, a marvel.
- Hollywood Chicago Review: TV Review: AMC Begins Final Arc of Beloved 'Breaking Bad' *spoilers*
Creative confidence has long been a hallmark of 'Breaking Bad' but the program has rarely seemed more sure of where it's going than it does right now. We drift from great programs when it feels like the writers know about as much about where their characters are going as we do. I don't think there's ever been a moment of doubt in the entire arc of 'Breaking Bad' but it's more notable than ever. In Vince Gilligan we trust.

Best of the Content since the first part of Season 5 finished:
Hardware:

IsTpR.jpg
Kk9sm.jpg
QKgyU.jpg
cUyQn.jpg
4FmvH.jpg
jwofp.jpg
Vp78k2H.jpg
rmEWeuW.jpg

Twitter Accounts

Trailers:

AMC Content:

Articles & Interviews:
- IndieWire: Gliding Over All: The Cinematography of BREAKING BAD, Season 3 (video)
- Contemporary IQ: Contemporary Western - An interview with Vince Gilligan
- Contemporary IQ: Bryan Cranston
- Contemporary IQ: Aaron Paul
- Contemporary IQ: Steven Michael Quezada
- RJ Mitte interview (youtube)
- Collider: Vince Gilligan and Bryan Cranston Talk BREAKING BAD, Deciding to End the Series, the Series Finale, the Saul Goodman Spin-off, and More
- Conan O'Brien Interviews the Breaking Bad Cast and Creator (youtube/AMC link)
- A short Daily Beast Interview: 'Breaking Bad' Creator Vince Gilligan
- NY Mag: Aaron Paul on His Breaking Bad 'Bitch' Legacy
- Deadline: Univision Announces Adaptation of 'Breaking Bad' For Hispanic Market
- NY Mag: In Conversation: Vince Gilligan on the End of Breaking Bad
- Fast Company: Bryan Cranston On How To Collaborate The ìBreaking Badî Way
- Nerdist Writers Panel: Breaking Bad's Vince Gilligan
- Empire Online: Vince Gilligan's Five Favourite Breaking Bad Moments
- Wired: Breaking Bad Creator Vince Gilligan on Why Binge-Watching Saved His Show
- Metro.uk: Watch Breaking Bad being cooked up in the writers' room - time-lapse video (a couple dvd features, video)
- Variety Interview: Vince Gilligan of 'Breaking Bad' Looks Back
- The Cine-Files with a lengthy look at the direction in S2E9: Grilled
- Huffington Post: Q&A With Breaking Bad's Composer Extraordinaire, Dave Porter
- NY Mag: Breaking Bad's George Mastras on the Train-Heist Sequence, the Year's Most Suspenseful Scene
- EW.com: Creator Vince Gilligan spills on the final eight episodes *some vague spoilers*
- GQ UK: Bryan Cranston talks Breaking Bad (~15 min video interview)
- THR: Bryan Cranston on 'Breaking Bad': Like 'Retiring After Winning Super Bowl'
- Warming Glow: The Best Of Bryan Cranston's Reddit AMA
- Vince Gilligan interview with Writermag.com
- The LA Times vid chat w/ Anna Gunn is completed and streamable on their website
- Gold Derby Interview: Aaron Paul on 'Breaking Bad'
- Vince Gilligan Talks the Final 8 Episodes of BREAKING BAD, the Limited Poster Series From Gallery1988, the Saul Goodman Spinoff, and More
- 54 min video interview with Vince Gilligan (youtube)
- Maureen Ryan Interview: 'The X-Files' Turns 20 - 'Breaking Bad' Creator On What He Learned From Mulder And Scully
- GQ: The Last Stand of Walter White
- Empire Magazine: The Breaking Bad Interviews
- NY Times: Emmy Nominations: Vince Gilligan of 'Breaking Bad' (brief interview)
- EW.com: 'Breaking Bad' at Comic-Con (cast + Gilligan video interview)
- LA Times: 'Breaking Bad' says farewell to the Con
- EW: 'Breaking Bad' at Comic-Con: Bryan Cranston & co. talk favorite, challenging moments
- Warming Glow: The Evolution Of Walter White With A Gun In His Face
- The New Republic Q&A: Bob Odenkirk on his dream "Breaking Bad" spinoff
- TV Guide: Behind the Scenes of Breaking Bad's Shocking Final Showdown *some spoilers*
- Breaking Bad (THE WRITERS' ROOM - Episode 1, Season 1) (Full Episode)
- NYT: Bad in the Bones - How Walter White Found His Inner Sociopath
- Aaron Paul on Conan (youtube)
- NY Mag: Matt Zoller Seitz on Revisiting Breaking Bad Season One
- Indiewire: 'Breaking Bad' and the Power of Vanity
- NY Mag Interview: Vince Gilligan at Breaking Bad Museum Exhibit *spoilers*
- Warming Glow: 'Breaking Bad' Character Study: An Ode To Saul Goodman
- Cranston on Conan: Bryan Cranston at Comic Con
- Cranston on Conan: Who Is Bryan Cranston?
- So, you think Skyler White is a bitch?
- THR: 'Breaking Bad' Free Agent Vince Gilligan Has Studios in Pursuit
- NY Times: A Conversation with the "Breaking Bad" Cast and Vince Gilligan *might be some spoilers, tag discussion as appropriate*
- Matt Zoller Seitz for NY Mag: Revisiting Breaking Bad Season 2: When Did Walter Become Heisenberg?
- Poniewozik for Time: It's Not Breaking Bad's Job to Punish Walter White *some spoilers*
- Salon: Breaking Bad, Nurse Jackie, and the Complete Inversion of '60s Drug Culture
- Seattle Times: As the end draws near, it's hard to let go of 'Breaking Bad' *some spoilers*
- Matt Zoller Seitz for NY Mag: Breaking Bad’s Final Season: Heisenberg Is About to Get What’s Coming to Him
- Bryan Cranston on the Colbert Report
- Linda Holmes @ NPR: Death And Walter White
- Matt Zoller Seitz for NY Mag: Revisiting Breaking Bad Season 3: A Shift Into Nightmare Grotesque

Fan Videos:
- Cranston's farewell speech to the cast & crew (youtube)
- Breaking Bad || Blood On My Name (youtube)
- Trailer mashup of Breaking Bad and The Office (youtube)
- LEGO Breaking Bad - The Video Game parody (youtube)
- Gilbert Gottfried is the One Who Knocks! (youtube)
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Promo Trailer || The End Of A Journey || [HD]
- 9 minute Breaking Bad recap video (youtube)
- Saul Goodman Supercut over on Huffington Post
- "Albuquerque" - Breaking Bad/Weird Al Mashup (youtube)
- Breaking Bad, Full Title Sequence (youtube, extended version of the opening credits)
- Jesse Pinkman dramatic montage (youtube)
- One more fan video on youtube that's been making the rounds: The Journey of Walter White
- Breaking Bad - Illustrated (vimeo vid)
- Fan video on youtube - Journey of Walter White
- Breaking Bad - Take Me Somewhere Nice (fan video)
- Breaking Bad - The Ecstasy of Gold (fan vid, S1-S4)
- Breaking Bad - For What Time I Have Left - Walter White (Fan Tribute)
- Breaking Bart (Breaking Bad / Simpsons Mashup) (youtube)
- Breaking Bad - He Does What I Say - Jesse Pinkman (Fan Tribute) (youtube)
- narvinek updated "The Ecstasy of Gold" tribute video on youtube with scenes from the first half of S5 (youtube)
- Taylor Swift + Breaking Bad Parody - 'We Are Never Ever Gonna Cook Together'
- Breaking Bad vs The Money Pit (youtube)
- Also, EW.com recut a Breaking Bad trailer as a Lifetime movie (youtube)
- Breaking Bad scenes edited in a The Wire-style opening, all 5 seasons
- Downton Abbey - Breaking Bad mashup from the Colbert Report
- Breaking Bad - Nobody Wins - 2013 - Walter White (Fan Tribute) (youtube)
- Family Guy on Breaking Bad (youtube)
- Skyfall (fan vid)
- "Bitch" compilation
- Taylor Swift meme featuring Walter White
- Breaking Bad - 1995 Style
- Breaking Bad - 30 Second Recap
- Breaking Bad - The Middle School Musical
- 'Breaking Bad' From Below (Supercut of shots from below, youtube)​

Misc:
- Entertainment Tonight: Behind Breaking Bad's Great Train Heist (DVD extra)
- Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season Featurette - Train Schematics
- Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season Featurette - Radiator Escape
- Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season Featurette - A German Interior
- Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season Featurette - Using Magnets
- Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season Featurette - The Writers On Writing
- Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season Featurette - Writer's Room Time Lapse
- Breaking Bad - "Chicks n' Guns" Behind The Scenes
- Rolling Stone: Photos: Bryan Cranston's GQ Shoot
- New cast photos over on HitFix
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Gag Reel
- Mythbusters Breaking Bad trailer
- Comic-Con Panel 2013: Breaking Bad (youtube via AMC)
- Warming Glow: Everyone Showed Up For AMC's 'Breaking Bad' Final Episodes Premiere, Even 'The Crystal Ship' (slideshow)
- Warming Glow takes a look at your options for rewatching the first half of S5 (iTunes, Amazon, AMC replays, etc...)
- Video of the cast on the RV ride over to the premiere party (youtube)
- Breaking Bad Final Episodes UK Air Date Confirmed
- Sepinwall's live blog of the Breaking Bad panel from the TCA event
- 'Breaking Bad' Season 1: A GIF Retrospective
- Warming Glow: 'Breaking Bad' Season 5 Starts Streaming On Netflix August 2nd
- Warming Glow: 'Breaking Bad' Character Study: Meet Skyler White, The Woman Behind The One That Knocks
- Warming Glow: In Pictures: The Definitive Career Timeline Of 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul
- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ Character Study: Hank Schrader’s Undeniable Importance
- Onion A|V Club: For Our Consideration Series - What’s the right way to watch Breaking Bad?
- Warming Glow: Breaking Bad Season 2 - A GIF retrospective

For more links & content, check out the OP of the S5 Interim thread

Let's do this!

unrv5.gif
i2Y7PtVl1vaK4.gif

ibmJyhnUFjs1l6.gif

ibkU4VwcJCUnyp.gif
iH3fwjrxNtb7W.gif

iEpJXpyVIXmar.gif

iFU7x2Xe20KUn.gif

Bigfoot

Awesome OP. I can't wait.

I only got in to Breaking Bad a year ago so this is the first time I'll be watching week to week.

#TeamWalt
#TeamJesse

Also can't wait to see Skyler die!

Setting up that DVR, and now unfortunately I have to block all YT comments and avoid all threads because who knows what AMC will leak again.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The almost 12 months of waiting were every bit as tough as all of the ONE DAMN YEAR HOOOOW?!?! posts after the toilet epiphany suggested. I was thinking about this stupid show every other day, anticipating its return. LETS DO THIS hnnnggg

Kaladin

I think out of this whole deal, if I'm rooting for anyone, it's Hank. I want to see Hank realize what is going on and deal with it, even if he's heavily entangled in the mess.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't fucking wait. Rewatching now, I'm on 'Bug'. What strikes me this rewatch is how unlikeable Jesse is until around the time he meets Jane, how likeable he becomes after. How unlikeable Hank is until Tuco and how likeable he is after.

But exactly how Walter White manages to be likeable and unlikeable for five seasons now? I have no idea. All fucking credit to Gilligan and the writers, and Cranston. Magnetic performance. I don't know if I'm #TeamWalt. But you tell me who I want to watch the most until the very end of this show, and its Walt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom