• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Microsoft to acquire Activision-Blizzard in near 70$ billion deal

Draugoth

Gold Member
Last edited:

Kev Kev

soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

MadPanda

Banned
Call of Duty on gamepass? I'm in, do it Microsoft! 😁

On a serious note, I can't believe it as actiblizz is much bigger than Bethesda but if I really knew something I wouldn't be posting on GAF so let's see how this goes.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I hope they stay multiplat.
Update: Thankfully,
Activision Blizzard games are enjoyed on a variety of platforms and we plan to continue to support those communities moving forward.

Last edited:
If true then that’s huge news. Problem is that Acti-Blizzard reputation is fucking awful and MS don’t really need that kind of rep attached to the Xbox brand. I’m assuming this will be announced with sweeping layoffs and a huge culture change at the company if true.

There’s no way Phil Spencer would take any unnecessary risk in this kind of area.

Also, I wonder what this will mean for Call of Duty? Oh well, time will tell.

If true then that’s huge news. Problem is that Acti-Blizzard reputation is fucking awful and MS don’t really need that kind of rep attached to the Xbox brand. I’m assuming this will be announced with sweeping layoffs and a huge culture change at the company if true.

There’s no way Phil Spencer would take any unnecessary risk in this kind of area.

Also, I wonder what this will mean for Call of Duty? Oh well, time will tell.
there's no way they but actiblizz and keep the current staff. msft would gut it out.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
actually makes sense. the company is a shit show right now. take it over and clean it out from top to bottom.

the IPs they would own is insane. Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Tony Hawks, Spyro, Crash, etc.

this would be waaay bigger than Zenimax acquisition.

edit: someone should go check in on SonyGaf :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Why almost every single one of your post must be related to Sony?

Last edited:

reksveks

Top Bottom