• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Koei and Bandai Namco give up on next-gen (Gundam Musou Special PS2)

Dante

Even if they up res a port to the 360/PS3 I can't imagine it'd look much worse than their last effort.

CowboyAstronaut said:
I'm confused does this mean Bandai Namco will now no longer be releasing games on the next gen machines?

Meaning no Tales of next gen? Game being canceled?

I'm confused as to what the title means.

Looks like it.

B.K.

CowboyAstronaut said:
I'm confused does this mean Bandai Namco will now no longer be releasing games on the next gen machines?

Meaning no Tales of next gen? Game being canceled?

I'm confused as to what the title means.

It's just an attempt by duckroll to be funny.

Kyoufu

AndriaSang said:
Looks like it.

Please tell me you're only messing with him!

They didn't cancel anything, they're just porting Gundam Musou onto PS2 because their next-gen sales were underpar.

Teknoman

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, there's a new SRW OG RPG on DS too.

Poor next-gen.

All I know is that someone needs to port all the SRW OG games to english. Im pretty sure the PS2 games would sell nicely, and the DS game would just fly off shelves.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Ouch that must hurt a lot oh and BTW I like the thread title I thought both companies moved their development back to the Ps2.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
duckroll, looks like Monolithsoft is making the new SRW game :eek:

Which is why bets are 51/49 on fake right now.

TreIII said:
...Eh?

I believe the Kana in the "info box" on the 2nd page clearly said "Banpresto"...

It says Banpresto x Monolith. But no one is talking about it because most are assuming it's a fake scan.

Abel

Looks almost like they're using the Namco X Capcom engine hehe :D
or maybe that's just the SRW influence XD

TreIII

Bebpo said:
Which is why bets are 51/49 on fake right now.

It says Banpresto x Monolith. But no one is talking about it because most are assuming it's a fake scan.

...If it was one scan, I probably would have agreed...but all 5 being bogus, with very convincing looking lens flare flashes?

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
What do you mean, noone's talking about it? Have you been on 2ch today? It's legit, and coming out in Spring.

lupin23rd

It must be a fake because clearly the only thing Banpresto could and should be working on is the PS3 Super Robot Wars, thanks to all the monies they made with the OG games.

Tenbatsu

Jonnyram said:
duckroll, looks like Monolithsoft is making the new SRW game :eek:

You are correct. Hmm... Soma Bringer and this.

TreIII said:
...If it was one scan, I probably would have agreed...but all 5 being bogus, with very convincing looking lens flare flashes?

Dont think its fake too, its too much work.

Fady K

Jonnyram said:
Rumour: Jump confirms ToV for 360 and Suikoden VI for Wii.

ToV for 360 - despite no official announcement, it being 360-bound is a no brainer right now.

Though Suikoden VI for the Wii, I dont know, I kinda doubt it.

Monolith making the next SRW OG? If so, then itll probably be the only SRW I try.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
What do you mean, noone's talking about it? Have you been on 2ch today? It's legit, and coming out in Spring.

Yeah, it's on 2ch but so are all the other fakes. It could be real, but the guy posting it has a bunch of things going against him:

-He's known about IMAS being gone for a week now. So he's had plenty of time to make an elaborate fake
-The pages with the game shots are in focus, but the one with all the interview text that would be a pain to make up is too blurred for anyone to read
-It's SRW. SRW has had fake scans before because it's easy to fake.
-Pics look like a doujin game. Then again it's Monolithsoft so maybe that means it's legit
-He has the magazine and claims Gundam Musou PS2 is in it (which he could have found out about an hour before he posted because it was online then), but won't take pictures of it or anything else in it besides these pages of the SRW game.

So yeah, most are giving it 50/50 chance with fake or not.

TreIII said:

Lens flare = you print out your fake and take camera pics.

TreIII

If Monolith IS involved, I hope Banpresto keeps a tight leash, still. This looks like it could be a great game, and I'd hate to see it not live up to its potential...

Any way, more info unearthed:

Characters revealed are

Kaguya Nanbu (red hair): Princess of "Jinraku Tengen" (God-Pleasure-Heaven-Origin, but I don't know what that is, more likely an art of some kind than a place)
Ashen Breidel (green hair): Battle Android
Suzuka-hime (blue hair): Princess of one of the Oni/Demon Tribes
Harken Browning (the dude): Bounty Hunter

Yes, Kyo and Excellen are gender-swapped

and units:

Phantom
Arvent
Nacht
Jakigun-Oh

Oh, and (coincidentally?) it seems Lamia's VA returns to do the part of Ashen...who is yet another green-haired android...

Fady K

Link said:
Maybe you guys should play games and not systems.

Who said its about systems? What if its about "I want my Suikoden to waggle-free and on an HD console?" I love my Wii, but there are some franchises Id prefer elsewhere.

That game could have stayed on the past gen in the first place. Mediocre graphics and repetitive gameplay doesn't need the 360/ps3. Here's an idea, make a gundam game that isn't garbage.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Fady K said:
Who said its about systems?
You did. Right after you said this, actually.

What if its about "I want my Suikoden to waggle-free and on an HD console?" I love my Wii, but there are some franchises Id prefer elsewhere.
See?

Fady K

ethelred said:
Wait, what? Suikoden VI?

Jonny, don't fuck around with me like this, man. Not about Suikoden!

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Agh. :/

I take it back. The fact that Suikoden VI may be confirmed real soon is enough for me honestly.

Link

The Autumn Wind
ethelred said:
What the fuck is wrong with you people? Agh. :/
Well, let's remember Fady also considered Monolith Soft dead when Nintendo bought them.

EDIT -
Fady K said:
I take it back. The fact that Suikoden VI may be confirmed real soon is enough for me honestly.
I'm so proud of you.

Jonnyram

Himuro said:
TIME TO MAKE THE FIRST SUIKODEN VI THREAD OMG
:lol Wait until it's properly confirmed. No scan confirmation of the Jump info yet, but two posters have mentioned it on 2ch. The other stuff from Famitsu is all legit though.

ethelred

Himuro said:
TIME TO MAKE THE FIRST SUIKODEN VI THREAD OMG

I'm so excited. I lost hope after TGS, with no unveiling and with Konami gripped in Metal Gear Fever. This is so wonderful. Suikoden VI!

B.K. said:
There is no Suikdoen VI! Suikoden V was the series finale!

Really? I don't recall Suikoden V seguing off into Harmonia, with a clash against High Priest Hikusaak and a final end to his attempts to use the Circle Rune to bring a complete and total stagnant order to the world.

TreIII

Well, good to know that Souta gave a positive ID.

To add more fuel to the fire, Harking Browning (Gun Guy in the SRW game), is going to be voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama (Shishioh Guy, OoT Adult Link and etc.). YES.

Is there anything more to be had in the Famitsu issue besides these interesting tidbits? Also, should we just change the title of this thread to the "Famitsu thread" of this week, now that we at least got two details from said issue of this week?

B.K.

ethelred said:
Really? I don't recall Suikoden V seguing off into Harmonia, with a clash against High Priest Hikusaak and a final end to his attempts to use the Circle Rune to bring a complete and total stagnant order to the world.

*covers ears*

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!

Fady K

Link said:
Well, let's remember Fady also considered Monolith Soft dead when Nintendo bought them.

Dead? I never said dead. Dead and Monolith, no matter what, are two words I would never put in the same sentence :)

Top Bottom