• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Yoichi Wada resigns as Square Enix CEO, likely being replaced by CFO

Celestial

Banned
Finally.I thought this day will never come.Things the new president should do:

1.Fire Toriyama
2.Release Versus for PS3
3.Release KHIII for PS3/PS4
4.Give FFXV to Nomura and FFXVI to Ito
5.Remake Before Crisis for PS3/VITA
6.Start to releasing Dragon Quest games for Playstation hardware.LOL it has been 8 years since the last one.Spin offs will do.I mean PSP is at 19 million in Japan and PS3 at 9 how can SE ignoring such numbers?
7.Make a new FF remake.
8.Make Type-0 HD for PS3/VITA and bring it in USA/EU.
9.Bring to USA/Europe DQ7R and Bravely Default.

Company redeemed.

atbigelow

1.Fire Toriyama
2.Release Versus for PS3
6.Start to releasing Dragon Quest games for Playstation hardware.LOL it has been 8 years since the last one.Spin offs will do.I mean PSP is at 19 million in Japan and PS3 at 9 how can SE ignoring such numbers?
7.Make a new FF remake.

Company redeemed.
This is part of how the company went to shit in the first place.

Broach

Banned
You know this could change nothing at all.

I mean they are 3 businesses (Manga, Arcade, Games), and the games part is divided into 3 companies (Eidos, Enix, Square).

Maybe the actual CEO doesn't have too much specific control in the Square department, maybe someone else should be blamed for quality.

Who knows, I don't expect things to change that much radicly.

I think you have it backwards.

YKSWWfs.png

THEY'RE BACK BABY!
I like Enix fans.

Since everyone is making their own squeenix game plan here is mine:

- fire everyone but nomura involved in XIII.
- remake FFV for Ps3 and vita cross play
- snort coke before working on FFXV
- make XIV F2P
- Hire Lil Wayne and YMCMB to do voice acting for the next game. Get that dudebro audience.
- make crystal chronicles for ps4 and vita.
- Fuck bitches
- get money.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Now merge with Mistwalker, and make FF15 an epic analogy of returning to Square. Hire good writers, take a darker theme like Vagrant Story. Can all the artists that do the Japanese punk, 14 year old girls with short shorts, and hire some talented ones.

Then I'll be a fan again.

Soriku

So yeah...I was kind of indifferent to this news, but then I totally forgot about this piece of Versus info from August of last year...

According to Square Enix boss Yoichi Wada, who recently spoke at a Final Fantasy anniversary event in Tokyo, said that Square Enix was "diligently making Final Fantasy Versus XIII", but added, "When it gets to the stage that it makes one think, 'This is Final Fantasy,' we'd like to show it to everyone."

Nomura also said he was ready to show off info earlier last year. Assuming the stuff about Versus moving to next gen is just BS, I don't have much doubt that this man was barring any info from the game from being released :mad:

Nutter

1.Fire Toriyama
2.Release Versus for PS3
7.Make a new FF remake.

Company redeemed.

Why just the PS3/PS4 and Vita only?

And PSP because it has a 19 Million Userbase? By that definition the DS should get them.

Nomura also said he was ready to show off info earlier last year. Assuming the stuff about Versus moving to next gen is just BS, I don't have much doubt that this man was barring any info from the game from being released :mad:

Whatever the case, some shit must have went down behind close doors at SE. Someone from there needs to write a tell-all or do some sort of un-official documentary.

Reveirg

I think it'd be really interesting for Matsuda to present a NintendoDirect-style conference/broadcast.

S-E needs to establish some sort of contact with its fans, explaining its vision and plans for the future, something they have failed to communicate for much, much too long.

I think it'd be really interesting for Matsuda to present a NintendoDirect-style conference/broadcast.

S-E needs to establish some sort of contact with its fans, explaining its vision and plans for the future, something they have failed to communicate for much, much too long.

If nothing else, hopefully Closed Mega Theaters will at least be a thing of the past. That shit was infuriating.

Soriku

Only if they show a bunch of games to accompany it. Talk is cheap.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
More magical assumptions:

1. PS4 FFXII: ZJS
  2. PS4 Versus XIII
  3. PS4 FFXV/KH3 Announcement at E3
  4. Lighting: Goes Away (Returns Canceled!)

Soule

1.Fire Toriyama
2.Release Versus for PS3
7.Make a new FF remake.

Company redeemed.

Not enough Sony, company is doomed if you stick to this conservative multiplatform plan. Need to add step 10 which is cancelling every game that isn't on a Sony platform.

MC RaZaR

Neo Member
This was unexpected for me. Hopefully, this is a chance for them to turn things around. It won't be a game changer, but it's a start.

Top Bottom