• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

{Breaking Poll] 56% of American voters believe Trump will win in 2020. 35% of Democrats, 51% of Independents, and 85% of Republicans

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016

With less than a year to go before the 2020 election, a majority of registered voters say they think it’s at least somewhat likely that President Donald Trump will secure a second term in the White House, a new poll has found, with more than two-fifths of voters saying the president will be top of mind when casting their vote next November.

According to a POLITICO/Morning Consult survey released on Wednesday, 56 percent of voters expect the president to be reelected next year, including 85 percent of Republicans and 51 percent of independents. By comparison, more than a third of Democrats (35 percent) say the same.

The poll found that voter enthusiasm for the election remains high, even one year out.
Story Continued Below

More than eight in 10 voters say they are motivated to turn out and vote in 2020, with 69 percent saying they are “very motivated.” Majorities of voters across the political spectrum say they are “very motivated” to vote in the presidential election. That enthusiasm is driven by Democrats and Republicans — roughly three-quarters of voters in each party describe themselves as especially energized.
After last nights 2/3 victory, and even then that 1/3 was marginal, it is only obvious based on triangulate trending that Trump was rising in popularity. This poll reaffirms and confirms this notion by expressing the will of the people. That is, the people believe Trump will win the election in 2020.

This shows not only his elevating popularity and perspective on integrity draining the swamp, but it proves that the (extremely early) impeachment desperation attempt has failed. Americans are not fooled by such a thing as not only was there no Quid Pro Quo, but they have spun statements that are available to every American free of charge via transcript.

56% of voters agree he will win which includes 85% of Republicans. Even 35% of Democrats think he will win! It's looking bad for the DNC, they better rush-in Hillary on the double!

Don't forget the purple deciding Independent vote. Pelosi and Shiff were depending on grabbing those with the Impeachment inquiry, but 51% believe Trump will win in the election showing they have zero faith in the inquires effectiveness.

Reactions: Bolivar687

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The Middle is what will matter in 2020, and Democrats have made it their mission to alienate centrists (even left-leaning centrists) for the past 3 years. Republicans open their arms wide and welcome anyone willing to #walkaway from the Democrats.

Democrats continue to run the best Republican election campaigns. Can't wait for them to accomplish absolutely nothing with these impeachment proceedings.

Meanwhile, Russiagate probe and impeachment probes are underway. Schiff is being called to testify about his connection to the whistleblower report. We'll watch at least two or three of these candidates fall out of the race due to scandal and disgrace.

Reactions: Super Mario

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
There’s no doubt Trump knows how to play the game. This is by no means an insult to him, but no other president lost the popular vote by a large a margin as he did and still won the presidency. Hiring Cambridge analytica was incredibly smart. Trump definitely has a chance to win in 2020 and the Democrats are incredibly ineffective at branding a strong candidate that’s going to resonate with a lot of the swing states that actually matter.

FMXVII

Aug 27, 2019
There’s no doubt Trump knows how to play the game. This is by no means an insult to him, but no other president lost the popular vote by a large a margin as he did and still won the presidency. Hiring Cambridge analytica was incredibly smart. Trump definitely has a chance to win in 2020 and the Democrats are incredibly ineffective at branding a strong candidate that’s going to resonate with a lot of the swing states that actually matter.
Fuck branding.

America is sick of branding, fake platitudes, false promises, and banal racist, sexist hot takes, endless warmongering in the name of "peace"/Dem pockets, and anti-U.S. prattle in general... which are the Left's actual platform.

The Democrats will lose because they hate America, its freedoms, and its people, and they can't even be arsed to hide it from "the deplorables" anymore.

They treat America and Americans like a joke, and then hit them in the ribs, expecting them to laugh, and be grateful that the Dems let them in on the joke in the first place.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
If the democrats don't change after losing 2016 and 2020 I expect the 2024 EC map to be GOP winning every state except CA, WA, OR, BY, CT, MA, RI, VT, D.C., Del, NJ, and MD.

They already over-rely on the west coast and the North East as it is.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jun 15, 2013
Turns out demonizing independents wasn’t the best strategy.
Who knew?

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
35% of democrats believing trump will win practically guarantees it considering how voter turnout among democrats usually works.

gamerMan

Jun 10, 2014
toybuzz.org
I really hope that Trump gets elected a second term. I do think that Joe Biden can beat him and give us 4 years to breath before we figure out what to do. I am terrified of all the other candidates just as much as Trump. I see both the Democratic and Republican parties splitting up. I am tired of identity politics and cultist behavior on both sides. They have both gone to extremes.

I don't think we deserve a bailout. America needs to learn a painful lesson to never put a conman who wants to divide us up in office. I feel sorry for Cult 45. They are good people.

I live for the day when Democrats and Republicans can sit in the same room. Hopefully, I'll see it in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
I really hope that Trump gets elected a second term. I do think that Joe Biden can beat him and give us 4 years to breath before we figure out what to do. I am terrified of all the other candidates just as much as Trump. I see both the Democratic and Republican parties splitting up. I am tired of identity politics and cultist behavior on both sides. They have both gone to extremes.

I don't think we deserve a bailout. America needs to learn a painful lesson to never put a conman who wants to divide us up in office. I feel sorry for Cult 45. They are good people.

I live for the day when Democrats and Republicans can sit in the same room. Hopefully, I'll see it in my lifetime.
And that's the biggest problem with politics. No matter what views a politician has, they get grouped.... typically left, right and independent (which can a smorgasbord of anything). And that taints the whole thing. Biden and the rest of the of them are all democrats, yet the views they have are extreme when compared to each other.

It's a weird thing because politics is probably the only thing where people have to pick a side, and most people are idiots and pick based on whether it's red or blue and just run with it.

If I'm at work and there's a big decision to be made, people present their views and then at some point a decision is made based on all the feedback.

You don't get two people saying here's my view and we're the red side.... then two more say something and we're the blue side..... and then a couple people don't give a shit about sides and just ask the execs to call them by their first name if their ideas are best.

Truly retarded.

And this is how most countries vote in a leader.

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
The Middle is what will matter in 2020, and Democrats have made it their mission to alienate centrists (even left-leaning centrists) for the past 3 years. Republicans open their arms wide and welcome anyone willing to #walkaway from the Democrats.

Democrats continue to run the best Republican election campaigns. Can't wait for them to accomplish absolutely nothing with these impeachment proceedings.

Meanwhile, Russiagate probe and impeachment probes are underway. Schiff is being called to testify about his connection to the whistleblower report. We'll watch at least two or three of these candidates fall out of the race due to scandal and disgrace.
Spot-on. The Democrats are so hell bent on keeping people victims, that they have created this uncontrollable agenda. It's like telling a lie that got out of control, and you can't even recite it yourself. Imagine if instead of saying "let all illegals in, let them do what they want, give them everything for free" they said "America is a country of immigrants, and we want to continue to thrive off of that. Let's invest in immigration to speed up the process and make it more affordable for others to migrate illegally". Well then that would truly put the right in a tougher place.

Fuck branding.

America is sick of branding, fake platitudes, false promises, and banal racist, sexist hot takes, endless warmongering in the name of "peace"/Dem pockets, and anti-U.S. prattle in general... which are the Left's actual platform.

The Democrats will lose because they hate America, its freedoms, and its people, and they can't even be arsed to hide it from "the deplorables" anymore.

They treat America and Americans like a joke, and then hit them in the ribs, expecting them to laugh, and be grateful that the Dems let them in on the joke in the first place.
Unfortunately, the public is fickle. We fought so hard to give everyone and their mother the chance to vote, so that is what we get.

Obama won on change

Trump won on MAGA

Democrats currently running on whites bad, success bad, men bad, Trump bad, taxes good, women good, minorities good. Need more of a middle ground

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014

you want biden hahahaha

truly traumatized

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
But...but.... how can Trump win?! The left says the economy is bad and we’re headed for a recession

Keep an eye out for that recession!!!!

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
I'm certain if Putin or Xi ran for American president they would also win against the democrats. I would probably win against any democratic candidate, dressed in a pikachu outfit.

Last edited: