• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of Fire 6 announced for PC/tablet/smartphones

heiyu

crapcom.jpg

bcudI.gif

SmokyDave

So, uh, at the risk of getting trampled, what's the actual problem here?

Is the game thought to be poorly suited to touch controls? Is it the way it looks? Is it both? Something else entirely?

I appreciate this probably sounds like a stupid question but I'm not all that familiar with the series as I'm not big on the ol' RPGs.

crinale

The whole 13 games reveal thing was held at, like, in a small meeting room.
That was the most horrendous show I have ever seen in like past 5 years.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Upgrading to iPhone 5s as soon as I get the chance! Don't want to miss out anything important here!

Also when asked about future titles on the 3DS/Vita during the show, the Capcom people laughed.

I think it kinda shows that their future direction is all mobile games.

BoF was never a series I even bothered with, but I knew a lot of people really like it, so the thread title made me laugh, sorry.

lol

Aeana

Is the game thought to be poorly suited to touch controls? Is it the way it looks? Is it both? Something else entirely?

I appreciate this probably sounds like a stupid question but I'm not all that familiar with the series as I'm not big on the ol' RPGs.

Breath of Fire used to be a big, substantial RPG series. Imagine if <your favorite game series> had its next mainline (not a spinoff) entry announced as a social game for touch devices. Points if you have been waiting for the next entry in the series for over a decade.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

It's the assumption it is going to be some social F2P crap.

iavi

Someone could've shown me this and said it was another Zenonia sequel and I would have believed them.

TheOddOne

Muahhhhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhah
hahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahha
hahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahh.​
- Love, Capcom!​

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Whatever happened to Breath of Fire V? Surely there's hope!

My heart stopped when I read "Breath of Fire 6 announced for PC". My heart also stopped when I also continued to read "/tablet/smartphones", though in a different way.

jwhit28

I want to be optimistic. I mean it's just a regular old turn based RPG that is made to be controlled with touch or mouse isn't it? Isn't it?

Top Bottom