• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

SomTervo

Animated, huge storm:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/index.html

TaFzoAV.jpg

omg

lightning causes fire and everything

ReyVGM

The GIANT on Death Mountain can be see near the end of the video

It's definitely a spider-type monster, but it's not a guardian because it doesn't have their heads.

This footage is really close to Death Mountain because there's a spot where you can even see the details on the monster.

Smellycat

The most interesting part of the video is that it is unlisted and was posted 2 days ago. Yet, somehow one of our members found it hmmmm....

ReyVGM

I don't remember seeing that pond in the Plateau footage before.

And that bokogoblin watchtower seems to look a bit different now?

The second video they put up is apparently called "In this Era"...

Is that a subtle hint at a time manipulation aspect to breath of the wild?

jett

D-Member
Back when I thought the NX was PS4+ level, I had dreams of this game running at 60fps.

Nowadays I just hope for 1080p when connected to a TV. The image quality in this game is dreadful as-is.

ReyVGM

Nope, those videos are from the Nintendo channel.

I don't see them.

The original video links are from Zelda's Japanese website. Unposted, no music.

*edit*
Oh you're right. I could have swear someone had uploaded those videos to youtube themselves.

ReyVGM

I'm confused, the music plays with that footage when you press enter on this site https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/index.html (stutter still remaining). I might be misunderstanding the question.

Yeah, my mystake.

I'm calling it now. If BotW is shown for the NX, it will have some double screen functionality. I think the map or menus will back on the screen/tablet when playing in TV mode (in conjunction with the regular TV menus we've seen already).

I really really doubt Nintendo will just leave the tablet screen off, or have a button description there.

*edit*
So wrong.

It's possible the marketing team themselves didn't have the complete version of the song, so they had to make do with the E3 version.
Or at least I hope so, it's quite jarring.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The song glitch is intentional...

Do you guys really think that they made a massive editing mistake and didn't notice it?

Did Breath of the Wild on the Switch look a little choppy to you guys? They've still got 5 months to polish it up but other games looked far smoother.

Smellycat

Did Breath of the Wild on the Switch look a little choppy to you guys? They've still got 5 months to polish it up but other games looked far smoother.

Graphically it looks better especially the colors are richer. I didn't notice performance issues. Let me watch again

maxcriden

Didn't notice any. Might've been the connection? I'll watch again also. It was off-screen and brief so it's hard to tell (for a non-tech savvy person like me).

As El Topo said, there have been some framerate issues from the jump. But I imagine they will largely if not entirely get it to a locked 30 for NX.

Barring any significant performance or gameplay improvements on the Switch, I think I'll still be getting this on the Wii U so I can utilize the second screen for maps/items etc.

What are you guys thinking? Wait for more information on the differences between the versions?

Barring any significant performance or gameplay improvements on the Switch, I think I'll still be getting this on the Wii U so I can utilize the second screen for maps/items etc.

What are you guys thinking? Wait for more information on the differences between the versions?

I'm hoping they do a special edition with both games bundled together, unlikely but would be cool. I'm getting both either way.

Peléo

The shoulder buttons from both Joy-Con and Pro-Controller seem to be closer to the N64 buttons. Do you think the rumours about scrollable are still on or can we ditch this theory?

So if there still are people that think these graphics are too cartoony or even childish...

the art style is extremly variable. It can go from bright to dark in a matter of seconds. See:

ynv8p96e.png

pk9lkiw9.png

Serious moments and darker atmospheres are definately possible with this art style

Top Bottom