• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

-Horizon-

Nintendo is uploading vids from today's stream:

Exploration Gameplay

[url]Shrine of Trails Gameplay 1/4
[/URL]
Thank you very much!

FBqMTYb.gif
lmao

Chaos17

I'm going to need to see something closer to launch that Wows me before I commit to buying this game.

spxxOvV.gif

Use wind to spread your fire to burn enemy house.

UV51B8B.gif

Get rekt!

wRt0ATZ.gif

AoPotNH.gif

Su6r3ktseW6FG.gif

jf8y45N.gif

For those who missed it earlier - you can throw your weapon and use the magnet to fight enemies.

0C6mcQS.gif

giphy.gif

- Hyrule in ruin, Link gets revived/awaken and given a magical Sheikah Slab
- ~100 shrines scattered through the world. We saw Treehouse folks go through a couple and get magnet and bomb runes
- Equipable clothing, weapons, shields.
- So far I don't think we've seen a permanent sword, just a range of weapons found on the ground or from enemies; limited durability. Have seen branches, a couple different swords, axe, pitchfork, spears
- Can roll bombs down slops, have a button to detonate bombs
- Use magnet rune to pick stuff up; saw them fishing treasure chests out of pond, throwing boulders at enemies, breaking boxes
- Find fire arrows or campfires on ground, light trees or grass on fire. Chop trees down with axe.
- Not much direction given at beginning, seem to be able to head in any direction pretty early, a lot of emphasis on being inspired by Zelda 1

Idk, just some of the stuff that came to mind. There's plenty of stuff throughout, I'd say just watch the starting trailer and skim through whatever else you can.

Basicly we saw this

Pandy

It looks pretty. I like the world having interactive animals, I like the verticality, but some parts look empty?

I like the open combat, stealth, nature interaction, puzzle solving possibilities shown on the trailer, but my worry is that they won't ever be needed. They will just be cute little tricks you can do. Why? Combat is so easy in Zelda games that I worry Sneaking around will not be necessary. I want the game to force you to explore these options. Difficulty is necessary.

There are several enemies in the opening area that can one-shot Link if you aren't extremely careful, and leader enemies that can two-shot. The game allows for 'naked' runs with minimal powering up. Difficulty is not going to be a problem.

chadboban

spxxOvV.gif

Use wind to spread your fire to burn enemy house.

UV51B8B.gif

Get rekt!

wRt0ATZ.gif

AoPotNH.gif

Su6r3ktseW6FG.gif

jf8y45N.gif

For those who missed it earlier - you can throw your weapon and use the magnet to fight enemies.

0C6mcQS.gif

giphy.gif

Basicly we saw this

Don't forget that you can put the tip of your arrow into a fire while aiming to turn it into a fire arrow instead of just straight up shooting it.

I think that Nintendo just sold me an NX! Launching with an open world Zelda with a ton of shit to do is definitely better than the Wii U launch 'plan'.

majik13

Yeah I'll probably buy an NX just for this game. Nintendo knows exactly what they are doing.

Game is everything I had hoped they would do. And then some.

Edit: So the comment from Oni about the 4k screens being the NX build is just sarcasm right?.....right?

-Horizon-

Yeah I'll probably buy an NX just for this game. Nintendo knows exactly what they are doing.

Game is everything I had hoped they would do. And then some.

Edit: So the comment from Oni about the 4k screens being the NX build is just sarcasm right?.....right?

...wat

Su6r3ktseW6FG.gif

So I completely missed this part from the stream. Can anybody explain what is going on here? Amiibo stuff?

If you have the Wolf Link amiibo from TPHD, you can use it in this game and gain Wolf Link as a companion. He will help you attack enemies and pick up certain items. His health is dependent on how much health you have saved on him at the time of using him.

Majukun

funny thing is,while still a good series,i always considered the darksiders series a lesser game compared to zelda because the designers had no sense of proportion and level design,and their tendency was to make dungeons and the overworld way too big for what it contains (with the second game being especially culprit of that),killing the pace and adding nothing,compared to the zelda franchise that always kept size resonable...now we have a main Zelda game that seem to suffer from the same problems..whenever this rises problems or it somehow works i don't know until i'll play..I just wish they decided to give us the demo on the eshop..since wii U users barely have something to play nowadays,i think we deserve a treat

Randomizer

This game just looks so imaginative and full of ideas. I knew Nintendo would shake up the genre with their own innovative and clever gameplay twists.

Game looks great, but damn Nintendo are the masters of Monkey-pawing fan requests.

So you didn't like having a huge town and no overworld in Skyward Sword?
Here's a huge overworld with no towns!

Game looks great, but damn Nintendo are the masters of Monkey-pawing fan requests.

So you didn't like having a huge town and no overworld in Skyward Sword?
Here's a huge overworld with no towns!

The game will have towns. They didn't show them because it is related to the story of the game, which they do not want to spoil.

wait a minute, I just realized from that gif. Bosses have life bars now???

They flat out have number hp. Your weapons deals damage (shown in inventory, different depending on the weapon, some bow deals 4, other bows deal 10, etc). We saw Bill scan a moblin with the tablet which showed 72/72 hp for it.

I don't think I've seen an open world game with combat that has depth like Breath of the Wild. It's usually Arkham/Assassin's Creed for TES combat.

I am still stunned at how incredible this game looks. It has definitely exceeded my expectations and I gotta say that I haven't been this excited for a video game in a long time. 2017 can't come quickly enough!

I don't think I've seen an open world game with combat that has depth like Breath of the Wild. It's usually Arkham/Assassin's Creed for TES combat.

Well, Witcher 3 or Dragon's Dogma make a good case for theoretical depth. Zelda's inventiveness earns brownie points though.

Smellycat

I still can't find this, you guys. Does anyone know the exact time this happened on the stream?

•The scale of the world is insane, they would use the scope to see a tower far in the distance and then open the map to show where it is, its crazy how vast the world is.

Top Bottom