• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

Just wish Nintendo would finally reveal that NX and show us Zelda on that. I am sure it will look better on that. Don't get me wrong, plenty of times it looked good in the 5 hours of footage but there was also plenty of rough parts and simply parts that looked dated. It's clearly the limitations of the Wii U, so please let them make the NX version significantly better. Of course it's still in full development, so i am sure for Wii U it will improve as well.

Just that damn release date though. I hate that vague 2017 release window.

KiN0

That demo delivered everything I could have hoped for. The amount of interaction with the environment was very impressive, and I love the serene atmosphere they've created. This is the closest game to a ghibli movie I have ever seen, that's including ni no kuni.

All that aside, the UI was really impressive too. Everything was very clean, and they streamlined the presentation significantly. No more mini-cutscenes after picking up items. This demo really shows nintendo stepping into the modern era with this franchise and I'm very excited to play the game.

Chaos17

How can i repost gif from twitter ? damnit

dAqNjf0.png

Link: https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/742813978531921920

Holy god damn that looks incredible. It's like the dream game I've always wanted.

No doubt I'll buy an NX at launch to play the best version of this.

orioto

Good Art™
Hey, don't diss the bishonen now.

lt'd be super jarring to have a big burly Link.

Even if he's meant to be thin i realized he has a super big head and small body, but not enough to be chibi or anything, so that's really weird.

See
nipple fix to!

LinkFix.gif

KevinCow

Banned
Okay, this game is way more impressive than I expected it to be. I had my expectations pretty low because I didn't want to be disappointed, but I'm amazed at how many different things it seems you can do. And I'm sure this demo is only scratching the surface.

looked pretty good for me... I always enjoyed the outdoor adventure, fishing, horseback riding, and general wilderness of Zelda more than its dungeons. which isn't to say that part of the game won't be great or big... just that I do enjoy the wilderness focus of the trailer.

ctothej

Finally watching the stream. Exceeding my expectations for sure. I just REEEALLLY hope there's a hard mode or something. I don't want to reach that point in every Zelda game where you get a few more heart containers and suddenly you never die again.

Not

Banned
Game looks great, but damn Nintendo are the masters of Monkey-pawing fan requests.

So you didn't like having a huge town and no overworld in Skyward Sword?
Here's a huge overworld with no towns!

There are towns. Just not in the demo because of spoilers.

This is the first time I'm really craving a Zelda game. Shame they haven't shown off the NX though because if I buy a console it's only gonna be one and that will be the PS4 Neo if Nintendo doesn't wow me soon.

Chaos17

Finally watching the stream. Exceeding my expectations for sure. I just REEEALLLY hope there's a hard mode or something. I don't want to reach that point in every Zelda game where you get a few more heart containers and suddenly you never die again.

You can play in "iron man" mode with no cloth and just with a stick ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

xewind

Man... I haven't played a Zelda game since Majora's Mask (Haven't even owned a Nintendo home console since N64). But this game, so beautiful and it has gotten my attention. I think I might buy a NX with this game when they releases.

KLoWn

So earlier I heard that there isn't going to be any towns at all in the game, but now I read that Nintendo removed them from the demo so that it won't spoil anything. Which one is right?

So earlier I heard that there isn't going to be any towns at all in the game, but now I read that Nintendo removed them from the demo so that it won't spoil anything. Which one is right?

Well the first comes from a random gaf poster with no source, and the second comes directly from Bill Trinnen on the stream...

Chaos17

The later.
We heard it from Myamoto himself during the stream.
It was like he was talking to GAF, lol

Nintendo are not showing towns for E3 because they play a big part in the story. There are towns Bill confirmed it

If I may be permitted one unrealistic hope, it's that Zelda/Mystery Voice Lady's ancient Sheikah sci-fi attire will be as aggressively 80s as the aLttP concept art.

I'm not sure they'll make the Triforce microchips though.

Looks amazing. I'm still worried about the open world part. Open world games bore me to tears. Then again, those are Western developed open world games.

KLoWn

Well the first comes from a random gaf poster with no source, and the second comes directly from Bill Trinnen on the stream...

The later.
We heard it from Myamoto himself during the stream.
It was like he was talking to GAF, lol

Nintendo are not showing towns for E3 because they play a big part in the story. There are towns Bill confirmed it
That's good to hear. Visiting towns and meeting all the quirky people is like half the fun in the Zelda games for me.

Yeah me too. It seems a lot of the mechanics in this would really suit a harder difficulty setting. As intricate as something like the cooking/crafting system is, I have a sinking feeling it probably won't be worth experimenting with because everything will be designed for the average player to beat without buffs.

Do you still get to use the wolf companion with the amiibo if you never did that part of Twilight Princess? I ended up not really playing the HD rerelease.

Top Bottom