• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

Easy_D

never left the stone age
You guys didn't realize that this is part of Skyloft? The old guy said that this piece of land is the foundation of Hyrule!! Think back to SS's ending :)

It is nice to have confirmation.

Yeah, that's very clearly a tie in with Skyward.

Dennis

Banned
skrmbillede2016-06-140nq3w.png

I wish Link was out longer than 100 years. It should be way, way, way into the future. Not having Link be asleep for 100 years, which is a pittance in time.

Maybe 1000. Or so long, nobody even remembers anymore.

100 years and in theory, someone could have easily been alive who still knows Link, especially someone like a Goron who seemingly age slower.

Having the game be eons into the future of Hyrule, where only the very scraps of the "old world" still remain would be pretty cool.

linkboy

The Zelda game I was dreaming of as a child.
I really wish this was coming out sooner...
YYLLRR

Exactly.

It's like Nintendo reached into my head, pulled out the memories my imagination created while playing The Legend of Zelda and made a game out of them.

I so can't wait to play this game.

Alienous

I'm a fan of not having everything voiced. You get to have the drama voice acting can provide in cutscenes (Skyward Sword felt hamstrung by that limitation at times) but all that extraneous fluff dialogue NPCs spout is there in text to be skipped comfortably. Do I really want to hear a shop keeper? Nah.

Can't wait to hear "I suppose I coveted that wind" 2.0 acted out in a Zelda game.

hetchi

I feel like there's going to be some big twist in this game regarding its mechanics...do we know anything?

Using the Wolf Link amiibo is like having your own wolf pet to fight with you & help you hunt. I was happy to see that during the stream.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I cannot wait to try and 100% this game!

I want to see The Great Deku tree in this game. And where does Zelda fit in I wonder? So much mystery to this game.

Zelda is obviously the voice, that's an ALTTP reference with her disembodied voice telling you to wake up.

KevinCow

Banned
The ending title screen with the rustling wind gave me goosebumps.

Most impactful thing in the trailer for me. Damn near got a little dust in my eye there......

skrmbillede2016-06-14e3oap.png

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you unironically excited for something before. Or like generally unironic at all.

Peléo

Why is the climbing so slow?! : /

You can leap forward using X, which makes the whole climbing faster (though few players took advantage of it). There are foods that increase the speed of your movement, maybe they will also affect the climbing speed. Maybe we receive claws later on.

I wish Link was out longer than 100 years. It should be way, way, way into the future. Not having Link be asleep for 100 years, which is a pittance in time.

Maybe 1000. Or so long, nobody even remembers anymore.

100 years and in theory, someone could have easily been alive who still knows Link, especially someone like a Goron who seemingly age slower.

Having the game be eons into the future of Hyrule, where only the very scraps of the "old world" still remain would be pretty cool.
I felt the same about spirit tracks. I didn't understand why it was only 100 years after phantom hourglass, especially with old Niko. He literally knew the link from wind waker/phantom hourglass.

Dennis

Banned
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you unironically excited for something before. Or like generally unironic at all.

Open world Zelda has long been a dream of mine.

And that closing segment with just the sound of the wind in grass makes me believe that Nintendo gets it

That open world Zelda needs to have that atmosphere....

KevinCow

Banned
Peléo;207118404 said:
I know it's possible to throw your weapon in this game, but how exactly is it done (controls-wise)?

I'm guessing ZR. It seems that weapons equipped with d-pad right (swords, spears, bows) are used with Y and ZR.

But I don't know this for sure, as I'm not at E3 so I've obviously not played it.

RPGCrazied

What can they use rupees for this time? Only time they really mattered was Skyward Sword. So I guess I can see it used for upgrading equipment again.

Peléo

I'm guessing ZR. It seems that weapons equipped with d-pad right (swords, spears, bows) are used with Y and ZR.

But I don't know this for sure, as I'm not at E3 so I've obviously not played it.

It makes sense, since ZL is shield. I'm trying to find a picture of the control scheme they showed during the stream.

Kouriozan

The Link sleeping for 100 years and "towns are spoilery" (from Aonuma) makes me believe destroyed hyrule is the present and you can travel to the past hyrule.

Top Bottom