• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

What if the "dark world" of this game is the pre-apocalyptic version of the world, theoretically doubling the size of the map

i shouldn't do this to myself

WarLox

90003-if-we-made-link-a-female-we-thought-that.gif

I just realized, we haven't even seen a dungeon yet.

Everything we've seen is the overworld and some shrines.

Imagine how awesome the dungeons are going to be.

inverting gravity,
rewinding time,
switching temperatures between room to generate wind currents,
freezing objects in time to make rube goldberg machines

I'm expecting it all

Smellycat

That's an excellent theory, it could be this game's twist that occurs after the first 3 dungeons. I would have doubted this theory before today, but now I see that Nintendo really wants to put in the effort to make this game a huge masterpiece.

Not even after the first 3 dungeons. It could be one of the first things you do. Possibly restoring a town. You can also clearly see that there are ruins around the Temple of Time including some hut that can be restored. This is why Nintendo couldn't show us the towns. By the end of the game you would restore Hyrule to its former glory. The four pillars that are guarding the castle can be tied to the dungeons too, which was mentioned before as a possibility. Zelda is sending you on a mission to save Hyrule and this is how you are doing it.

I also hope that the final test before receiving the master sword is a fight against previous Heroes of Time to see if you are worthy.

Watching the trailer with headphones today, I am really digging the use of Chinese instruments. Sounds like a Chinese flute and an erhu. Gorgeous sound with the orchestra backing. I hope that there's more use of these in the full game.
Sounded like the FE:Awakening sound team to me -- which would be great, that's an amazing OST.

Battlechili

Banned
Based on the title and the trailer, I'm guessing there's a large emphasis on the environment and scenery this time around. Maybe more exploration focus.

Esque7

Had my expectations set so low after SS, but Nintendo really went all out with this one. We've had hours of gameplay already and there's still so many questions. Rarely do I ever get so excited over a game so kudos to Nintendo.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Yo, imagine if Nintendo went ahead with the whole NX blowout with this game included...
Needless to say, it would have been the E3 of legends.

As someone who doesn't really give a shit about open world, nor who is really that interested in the Zelda series, ... It actually looked somehow compelling?

casiopao

Man, this is going to be one hell of an experience when i play this game.^_^ 300 hours for Xeno X and i am not even 100% the game.

With how this game is filled with hundreds of shrines and thinks to craft and explore............. 500 hours of my life here we goooo.^_^

UrbanRats

Funny, Dragons Dogmas gameplay is far, and I mean faaaar, outclasses witchers 3s gameplay to the point you can have way more fun despite a more barren overworld. So it doesnt really matter if this zeldas overworld isn't top notch
Funny, that's completely unrelated to what i was talking about.

I criticize the over-world and you come back with "bu-but the combat in witcher is bad!"

What?

Nobody is holding you at gun point to watch the stream lmao. I've only seen the official trailer they posted and a few gifs here or there on Twitter.

And even if it's not a cream of the crop visual trendsetter, like who cares? The game looks great regardless and to top it off has a great art style that will mask most shortcomings and make it look great years down the line.
Sorry, i was under the impression they wanted to sell this game, so having a good showing was kind of important.
I guess we can criticize any other press conference pacing and all that, except this one!

Also, i don't think the art style is enough to make up for the short comings, that is my point.

pooh

Anyone else think Nintendo releasing 4k resolution screenshots is big news? Does this hint at NX being a 4k console?

Feltrol

Banned
Is there someone already taking care of making the OT for the game? I searched for that thread where you can see their names, but I couldn't find it.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Edit: Lol nvm

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but maybe people already noticed.

These are 3 images from the strange jumpcut in the trailer, at 2:03. Looks a lot like Phantom Ganon to me, especially this one:
350px-Phantomganonww.png

If you slow down the trailer on Youtube, the yellow dots look a lot like eyes, and the yellow color matches with WW Phantom Ganon.

Kudo

Game looks so awesome I'm definitely finding a way to play it day 1 when that is.
I guess someone I know will pick up or wait for NX version and can lend their WiiU for it then.

I'm skeptical but this is definitely the most interested I've been in a Zelda game in a long time. The world doesn't even come close to what games like TW3 have accomplished and that makes it feel like Nintendo is behind the curve a bit but their is real potential here. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Griss

I have barely been able to get GAF to work over the past 5 hours or so, so I've been out of the loop. Probably a good thing, as I'm disappointed while everyone else is geeking out and it's probably better that I don't harsh the vibe. I'm already settling down from earlier, anyway.

Tomorrow I'll go through and try to really examine why I felt so let down and make a post out of it.

For now I'll say some of the stuff I really liked:
-The interactivity of the world - setting fires, flying around with the sailcloth on updrafts, shield-surfing, climbing mountains - all cool stuff

-The gear system - Zelda has had a 'reward problem' for ages. Not enough to find. The gear system (that every RPG has had forever to solve that problem, lol) fixes that, and looks well done

-The basic set up - Looks like Hyrule after the floods recede, with bits of all the various games thrown in. Intriguing.

-Link's design - It's pretty much perfect

-The fact that there aren't many items and you get the majority of them early on to give you freedom, and they're all useful in tons of ways. This is absolutely great.

-Just the freedom in general. The whole 'finding an area I can't handle yet' is always one of the most fun things about an open world RPG so it's good that this appears to be part of this game.

bachikarn

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but maybe people already noticed.

These are 3 images from the strange jumpcut in the trailer, at 2:03. Looks a lot like Phantom Ganon to me, especially this one:
350px-Phantomganonww.png

If you slow down the trailer on Youtube, the yellow dots look a lot like eyes, and the yellow color matches with WW Phantom Ganon.

It's 'Calamity Ganon.' The E3 Demo that people are playing on the show floor ends with the strange old man telling you that 'Calamity Ganon' destroyed Hyrule 100 years ago, but was trapped in the castle, but is about to release. Checkout this vid 13 minutes in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk1xvzdiE2A

Top Bottom