• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brie Larson Isn’t Letting Her ‘Captain Marvel’ Press Tour Be ‘Overwhelmingly’ White and Male

Mihos

Gold Member
Seriously what’s up with these self-loathing guilt-ridden white folks? I’m genuinely asking. It seems like a relatively new phenomenon.

Disclaimer for leftists- I’m not white, I’m just curious because I find it bizarre and irritating.

I think some of them feel they need to be outraged on your behalf, or something

God Enel

This is what the diversity Manager I think it was at Apple who by the way was a black women, got fired. The basically said he same thing.

funny thing: the new Diversity Chief at Apple is now a white women :p
Diversity manager? Whut

Kamina

Golden Boy
This is what the diversity Manager I think it was at Apple who by the way was a black women, got fired. The basically said he same thing.

funny thing: the new Diversity Chief at Apple is now a white women :p
Lol diversity management, or in other words: how to make sure to ignore population quotas and force-recude the percentage of white people in order to raise the percentage of other ethnicities at the work place.
Nohing is more fair than artificially pushing out the majority of the population from certain jobs to enforce “diversity”.

Last edited:
Seriously what’s up with these self-loathing guilt-ridden white folks? I’m genuinely asking. It seems like a relatively new phenomenon.

Disclaimer for leftists- I’m not white, I’m just curious because I find it bizarre and irritating.
I think some of them feel they need to be outraged on your behalf, or something
The presentation may be new, but its still the old "whites know best" thinking. They are just too self centered to realize it.

It's whites behind the twitter accounts raging over Halloween Costumes. It was whites behind accounts here raging about issues involving People of Color.

But it's still the superior white thinking of old.

nkarafo

reminds me a bit of this diversity meeting of the Huff Post a few years ago^^

Ci7V02mXIAAs3eN.jpg
At this point i think most people have misunderstood what the word "diversity" means.

Pretty sure they think it's synonymous with "revenge" or "payback" or something in those lines. Everyone treats white males as if they need to pay for something bad they did.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
The presentation may be new, but its still the old "whites know best" thinking. They are just too self centered to realize it.

It's whites behind the twitter accounts raging over Halloween Costumes. It was whites behind accounts here raging about issues involving People of Color.

Ahh, that reminds me of that “Chris Hemswoth dressed up as Native American for a Cowboy and Indian theme party”-thread which was posted some years ago. I got banned because i called them out for being offended for the Naive American population.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Anyway, why stop with the press people? She should do something about movie goers who will also probably be "overwhelmingly white and male".

Oh, i forgot. These ones pay. Money good. Money sees no color.

Domisto

I'm confused.

She chose her own interviewer?

Like, chose them, from somewhere.

Am I supposed to swallow whatever massaged propaganda comes out of their mouths?

This is bullshit.

Give me a Liam Neeson interview any day. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Mjau

Banned
All this white man bashing getting really old and tiring. Wonder if somebody ever gonna point out that the owners of Hollywood are all jews. Where's the so called diversity there?

Blood Borne

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Well, comic-book politics are comic-book politics.

I'll pass on this and re-watch Room, a much more engaging story.
She was ok in that, even if a 7 year old kid out-acted her.

Last edited:
Ahh, that reminds me of that “Chris Hemswoth dressed up as Native American for a Cowboy and Indian theme party”-thread which was posted some years ago. I got banned because i called them out for being offended for the Naive American population.
Exactly. God forbid Old GAF made a mistake and talked about something important like conditions on reservations. No time for that because Thor fucked up.

Ownage

I see this thread contains some fellow TRP readers. It can become an extremist pov, but there are many wise thoughts for men to consider as they progress through life.

Fbh

My honest take is: social media.
It's not that they truly care for any of this stuff, it's about letting everyone know that they do and hopefully getting a lot of likes and retweets, etc in the process

Grinchy

Banned
This reminds me of what she said after critics correctly panned that shitty Wrinkle in Time movie:
"I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time," said Larson. "It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color."

She really has a thing about hating white men who haven't done anything to her. And maybe it all really does stem from her hatred of her father.

bitbydeath

White men are the fucking worst.
Every day I wake up cursing myself. If only there was a way for me to change gender and/or race so that I didn't have to live like this.

Are you kidding?
I wake up feeling so god damned privileged.
I don’t even need an alarm as my privilege prevails against anything. It’s the best feeling ever.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Exactly this. It is so fucking patronizing. The savior God complex.

Pimpbaa

One of my favorite marvel characters (when she was Ms Marvel) becoming one of my least liked. Thanks Marvel and Brie :messenger_pouting:

quickwhips

And it doesn't hurt her at all and she says something like, "Never send a boy to do a woman's job"
Or better yet she punches hulk he goes flying. I’m just saying they need to bring that humor back as I’m not looking forward to professor hulk.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus settle down everyone.
Rich and fortunate people tend to ‘try to help’ by addressing things they see as an imbalance. Raging about this is stupid.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Rich and fortunate people tend to ‘try to help’ by addressing things they see as an imbalance. Raging about this is stupid.

That's the thing - they are the imbalance.

It is like a weird echo of the "white man's burden"

Well, comic-book politics are comic-book politics.

I'll pass on this and re-watch Room, a much more engaging story.
She was ok in that, even if a 7 year old kid out-acted her.

She was ok in Kong: Skull Island, though I wish it was someone else.

And she was cute in a 2006 movie called Hoot, where she was only a teenager.

Azurro

Banned
What are you talking about? Europe has a movie industry and the majority of content that I've been watching lately is from Europe. It's refreshing to watch Spanish shows and not see SJW stuff all the time. They mostly don't care about this kind of shit.

That's a bit of a stretch, every country is different, the American extreme left have managed to infect others to different degrees. Sweden? Infested with SJW thinking. Germany? Nowhere near as much, but it is infected with a lot of harmful aspects of feminism. Central Europe like Poland and Czech Republic are thankfully way less interested in the lefties bs.

Grinchy

Banned
Come on, switch the races from white to anything else and you'd be in here talking about how racist and dumb she is for voicing her ignorant thoughts publicly.

I'm going to see alita and shazam(the real captain marvel), will find out about the cat(who steals the movie) and nick fury's eye on youtube.
What are you talking about? Europe has a movie industry and the majority of content that I've been watching lately is from Europe. It's refreshing to watch Spanish shows and not see SJW stuff all the time. They mostly don't care about this kind of shit.
Spain wasn't that the feminist capital no go zone?
Men in Spain automatically go to prison if accused of domestic abuse. They are denied of demonstrating evidence, witnesses or testimony
http://justiciadegenero.com/en/men-...emonstrating-evidence-witnesses-or-testimony/

Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't spain where some men were being tried for the third time after being found innocent of rape two times, because there is no double jeopardy, and they can be tried again and again until found guilty?
That's a bit of a stretch, every country is different, the American extreme left have managed to infect others to different degrees. Sweden? Infested with SJW thinking. Germany? Nowhere near as much, but it is infected with a lot of harmful aspects of feminism. Central Europe like Poland and Czech Republic are thankfully way less interested in the lefties bs.
Germany isn't that merkle territory? The we want endless refugees leader, the one who believes uneducated adults who don't speak german and will drain welfare are going to enrich them so so much?

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
I'm going to see alita and shazam(the real captain marvel), will find out about the cat(who steals the movie) and nick fury's eye on youtube.

Spain wasn't that the feminist capital no go zone?

Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't spain where some men were being tried for the third time after being found innocent of rape two times, because there is no double jeopardy, and they can be tried again and again until found guilty?

Germany isn't that merkle territory? The we want endless refugees leader, the one who believes uneducated adults who don't speak german and will drain welfare are going to enrich them so so much?

OK, Spain may have these awful stuff that I didn't know about. But I watched more than 10 Spanish shows/series and none of them touched feminism topics, SJW topics, stuff like that. I didn't see any virtual signaling so far. I'm watching Vivir Sin Permiso now and I all see is crime and mafia stuff. Not a single mention of "patriarchy" or shit like that.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, switch the races from white to anything else and you'd be in here talking about how racist and dumb she is for voicing her ignorant thoughts publicly.
Yeah us whites can’t catch a single break!

Ovek

7Member7
Thing with this is she won't get to "choose" who interviews her on the worldwide press tour, Disney/Marvel will. Not saying Disney or Marvel aren't "woke" but from my experience with PR people they will want maximum press coverage, shit I'm sure if Red Letter Media asked they would be able to get a slot.

She will get told to sit in a boring ass hotel room in front of a poster, smile and respond to inane questions which will inevitably lead to how empowering doing this movie was being a woman.

Wait isn't Brie Larson white though?

White female SJW's have weaseled their way onto the oppression totem pole. They seriously view themselves as a marginalized group and are hellbent on throwing White men under the bus. Essentially, they want to reap the benefits of being an oppressed minority while maintaining a top socioeconomic status.

Top Bottom