• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brief Halo/Halo 5 Beta Info from Gamescom

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Some notes:

• The Chief collection will have a skill-based ranking system exactly like Halo 2 did.
  • Sanctuary is the next announced remastered map for Halo 2 Anniversary MP.
  • Halo 5 beta will begin Dec 29 and run for 3 weeks and have 7 maps.
  • Halo 5 beta will focus on tight, 4v4 gameplay with smaller maps and no loadouts. Everyone on equal footing again.
  • Looks like purple is coming back to Halo 5.
  • 343 partnering with Twitch
  • Halo Channel seems to be replacing Halo Waypoint for all Halo content, stats, and live-streaming matches.

EDIT: Direct YT link - Halo 5 beta video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhED64Fmws (Thanks OddOne)

Sanctuary Reveal for Halo 2 Anny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsa3YY7fj4

Halo Channel Reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0XgIEQ8NR8

EDIT2: Halo 5
Bu14_w1CIAA4Ssa.jpg:large

rfOacU5.jpg

EDIT3: Thanks OddOne
iJVZUf3geeym8.gif

ibezWLEaZiqCgU.gif

iwXwgNHb6m7jo.gif

EDIT4:
Sanctuary!
XmEGqw.jpg

Anything I missed? I'll get the Halo 5 beta video up when it's on YT.

Sounds like they're going back to a level playing field, which is cool. Found it funny that they stressed the importance of a beta...live and learn I suppose.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
7 maps for beta and all this stuff. This is GOD like collection man. Disappointed not to see a Halo console bundled though.

RdN

I think it's amazing that 343i is actually making a REAL beta, that can and will impact the final game. It was a big mistake not doing a BETA for Halo 4, and it's good to see them rectifying that for Halo 5.

Kajiba

This is probably going to be one of my favorite collections for a long ass time. Going to put hours to days with this.

RoKKeR

Everything they were SAYING got me insanely hyped.

What they showed actually looked pretty rough, but it's important to keep in mind that the game is more than a year away and this is a true, pre-release beta.

Can't wait to play it.

The the SMG seems to make a return including the DMR . The BR had a red dot sight on it aswell at least it kinda looks that way.

L1NETT

No loadouts thank you thank you thank you

Tell me the SAW is buried 6 feet under too

Did look very Midship-y too. Verging on optimistic now

Pop

OMG Halo might be back. Sounds amazing that it's back to the roots that made Halo so great.

Banned
Forgive my ignorance since I rarely played halo multiplayer, what do you mean purple is back? Aren't the only team colors red and blue or is it purple armor for free for alls or something?

Welfare

Forgive my ignorance since I rarely played halo multiplayer, what do you mean purple is back? Aren't the only team colors red and blue or is it purple armor for free for alls or something?
Purple as in Covenant maps. Absent from Halo 4.

Pop

Custom games had quite a few colors.

Noticed the SMG and a purple weapon(Carbine) maybe

Ramirez

Purple was basically removed from the art of the covenant in 4 and mp maps.

Someone asked Kiki Wolfkill about the color purple in Halo 4 and she was like "...purple, what is...what is that, are you coming on to me? This interview is over"

Orayn

• The Chief collection will have a skill-based ranking system exactly like Halo 2 did.
  • Sanctuary is the next announced remastered map for Halo 2 Anniversary MP.
  • Halo 5 beta will begin Dec 29 and run for 3 weeks and have 7 maps.
  • Halo 5 beta will focus on tight, 4v4 gameplay with smaller maps and no loadouts. Everyone on equal footing again.
  • Looks like purple is coming back to Halo 5.
  • 343 partnering with Twitch
  • Halo Channel seems to be replacing Halo Waypoint for all Halo content, stats, and live-streaming matches.

There is literally no part of this that is not good news.

Let's just hope they support the fair stuff properly and keep it very separate from the "Infinity" stuff in Halo 5.

I'm still not a fan of the remastered audio and visual styles. I also don't see the appeal of playing an approximation of Halo 2 in some other engine on a small selection of maps when we'll have Halo 1-3 in their original engines running at 1080p and 60 fps on dedicated servers with all DLC.

Also, as someone who put a lot of time and effort into Halo Waypoint, the Halo Channel doesn't exactly excite me, especially when they don't state clearly what is going on. Is this the next iteration? Is it an addition? Is it a replacement?

Madness

It's like, they realized what the fans wanted, and are giving it to them now! So excited. Any details on any kind of bundles they might be doing for the MCC? Halo 5 seems like the game that could bring it all back.

Top Bottom