• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bright Memory Infinite - Next-Gen Trailer

Bullet Club

Bright Memory: Infinite is an all-new lightning-fast fusion of the FPS and action genres, created by FYQD-Studio. Combine a wide variety of skills and abilities to unleash dazzling combo attacks. Bright Memory: Infinite is set in a sprawling, futuristic metropolis in the year 2036. A strange phenomenon for which scientists can find no explanation has occurred in the skies around the world. The Supernatural Science Research Organization (SRO) has sent agents out to various regions to investigate this phenomenon. It is soon discovered that these strange occurrences are connected to an archaic mystery – an as-of-yet unknown history of two worlds, about to come to light...

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:

Mista

Banned
A Rich Sci-fi Story

Bright Memory: Infinite is set in a sprawling, futuristic metropolis in the year 2036.

The player will take on the role of Shelia, a member of the Supernatural Science Research Organization (SRO), an organization in possession of more advanced science and technology than even the military. Bright Memory: Infinite is full of breathtaking fun and exciting action, such as navigating a spaceship that can travel through time, battling ancient samurai displaced from 1000 years ago to the present, and exploring a wormhole that has appeared on Earth.

High-Speed 3D Combat

By now I’m sure everyone has seen Bright Memory: Infinite‘s appearance on Inside Xbox. In addition to the deep and rich story, another main feature of the game is its adrenaline-pumping gameplay design. With the way I’ve designed the battle system, players can experience lightning-fast combat using a variety of skills to create their own personalized style of fighting. Basically, any skills can be combined and will generate different effects when utilized and it’s up to the player to figure out how to best use these skills both in and out of battle. Some skills can be used to overcome certain obstacles or solve certain puzzles, be it in combat or while exploring the futuristic world.

Stunning Visual Effects

The quality of the graphics of Bright Memory: Infinite for the Xbox Series X is the aspect I focused most on throughout the game’s development, in order to truly harness and show off the abilities of the next-gen system. This can particularly be seen in the wormholes appearing in the game. I’ve also made use of the dramatic visual effects made possible by the Xbox Series X, which can be seen in dynamic scenes in which wind, rain, leaves, and pebbles are visibly sucked toward a wormhole as the player explores their surroundings. These stunning visual effects are all possible thanks to DirectX Raytracing (DXR) on the Xbox Series X.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I will sayit's amazing that it was made by one guy. But it just doesn't appeal to me, I can't even say what I dislike about it. The graphics and lighting are very good, gameplay looks solid.

Maybe I just need to see more and know what the game is about. Hopefully it will be on Game Pass so I can check it out and maybe change my opinion.

Edit: Too bad I didn't read the story info in the OP before posting - SciFi setting, archaic mystery, now I'm starting to get interested in this game.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

giphy.gif

So apparently the game that got the most hype from the Xbox Series X unveiling is an indie game from one guy that runs great on 5 year old PCs.

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
- “Series X unveiling” was back at TGA, this was and was only ever referred to as a third party event (overhyped though)
- “runs great on 5 year old PCs” your referring to a demo of what this game will eventually be, sans things like RT and the like.

Making yourself look dumb is pretty hilarious, though, yeah.

Relativ9

I see a lot of people saying this was one of the only "next gen" looking games from yesterday, don't get me wrong the gameplay looks really cool, but I'm not seeing a significant difference between this and something like BF4 (see below) it's just a lot of effects thrown at the screen, none of them individually all that impressive looking and really more distracting than anything.

Last edited:

Bankai

Yeah this looked really cool!

I first thought it was a new Shadow Warrior! Would have been a great evolution in the series; more Crysis influences. But hey, a new IP is always great :)

DESTROYA

Looks decent enough but still looking to be blown away from all the XsX power available to developers disposal .

Ascend

it's just a lot of effects thrown at the screen, none of them individually all that impressive looking and really more distracting than anything.
Have you considered that, the amount of effects is exactly the point? Your comment is analogous to looking at an omelet with a bunch of extra ingredients in it to make it taste better, and then saying that individually the ingredients don't taste that great, so that somehow means the omelet doesn't taste good.

Relativ9

Have you considered that, the amount of effects is exactly the point? Your comment is analogous to looking at an omelet with a bunch of extra ingredients in it to make it taste better, and then saying that individually the ingredients don't taste that great, so that somehow means the omelet doesn't taste good.

Exactly why I said that it's more distracting than anything, if this is what we should expect from "next gen"...then it sounds really really annoying.

Bankai

Looks decent enough but still looking to be blown away from all the XsX power available to developers disposal .

That's going to be very hard, especially when gameplay is via compressed stream with all fine detail missing and/or no visible high-framerate mode.

Next-gen graphics will be a matter of detail. First and foremost: you've got to have an eye for it. Some people think Dreamcast games look " good enough", while I think it'll never be "good enough" - there's always room for improvement.

Remember that even the difference between baked & ray-traced lighting can often be small - when developers put the effort into it. Lots of things that were previously "faked" (like bounced lighting) will now be rendered realtime, which is costly (of GPU resources) but way more developer friendly & realistic.

Temp0

Banned
I see a lot of people saying this was one of the only "next gen" looking games from yesterday, don't get me wrong the gameplay looks really cool, but I'm not seeing a significant difference between this and something like BF4 (see below) it's just a lot of effects thrown at the screen, none of them individually all that impressive looking and really more distracting than anything.

Consider this:

1. The game in OP is made by a very small dev, and not by a huge franchise with a BIG TEAM from EA/dice
2. the video you posted, is this on xbox one or ps4? or on a PC with a $2000 graphics card?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game looks like some sci fi synth pop fan fiction without a real gameplay planned

diffusionx

Gold Member
Consider this:

1. The game in OP is made by a very small dev, and not by a huge franchise with a BIG TEAM from EA/dice
2. the video you posted, is this on xbox one or ps4? or on a PC with a $2000 graphics card?

It's Battlefield 4 dude. The game came out in 2013. It looks and runs like shit on PS4 and Xbox One, but that was probably captured with a 780TI or 680.

Do you really think a 7 year old game and video looks next-gen $2000 GPU good? Not sure what that says about how stagnant the market has been...

Last edited:
If I heard correctly, this is being developed by a one-man army, While this was one of the few titles that really did look next-gen and stylistically appealing, I'm sceptical of the ability of one lone developer to pull off a decently sized game that manages to sustain interest for more than half an hour.

Unless the dev is using this to promote the game and attract fresh talent to build a bigger team, I wouldn't get my hopes too up.

But I wish the guy all the luck in the world.
He has talent.
He has balls.
That's a great combination!

Dory16

Banned
Yeah this looked really cool!

I first thought it was a new Shadow Warrior! Would have been a great evolution in the series; more Crysis influences. But hey, a new IP is always great :)
Looked like shadow warrior for sure. I was so sure it was it. Must have been a big influence. And I don't care what people say, this is a next gen game. You can never please everybody

Hinedorf

Banned
Am I only the one who thinks this game has one hell of a tedious title? Take away all screen shots and say that name out loud.....do you see yourself playing an FPS?

Alx

It looks fun, I always liked games with good mobility. It doesn't seem "Titanfall great", but it does have more diverse moves. Will definitely keep an eye on it.
The game being made by one single guy, I just hope he didn't bite more than he can chew.

Am I only the one who thinks this game has one hell of a tedious title? Take away all screen shots and say that name out loud.....do you see yourself playing an FPS?

TBH I'm not even able to remember that title for more than a few seconds. Right now I couldn't tell what it is without looking at the thread title. :p

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't like the mix between cyberpunk/titanfall/sekiro feel it has going on. make yo damn mind up. i could get cyberpunk/titanfall but the japanese setting is like WTF.

Last edited:

Neo_game

It was impressive trailer for sure. Though I am not sure how this will materialize as a game. Still great effort from the dev. I think there was another Chinese indie dev who made a rather impressive third person hack and slash video. Not sure what happen to that game? I forgot it's name but it was a pretty cool video. I hope some one make's an ancient Chinese martial arts game like King of Wushu but as an action adventure game instead of MOBA.

Last edited:

Maybe it is my "blind fanboy bias" but I really think the next-gen trailer looks better than the original gameplay here. I know Stuart360 Stuart360 disagrees with me and thinks its the same game but I think it has been remastered a bit for NG consoles. The textures in the XsX vid look sharper and there are RTX effects added. Maybe I am wrong, I am wrong a lot

Is the "Infinite" added to the title for the NG release just nothing? Doesn't that imply something is different from the original PC release?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Maybe it is my "blind fanboy bias" but I really think the next-gen trailer looks better than the original gameplay here. I know Stuart360 Stuart360 disagrees with me and thinks its the same game but I think it has been remastered a bit for NG consoles. The textures in the XsX vid look sharper and there are RTX effects added. Maybe I am wrong, I am wrong a lot

Is the "Infinite" added to the title for the NG release just nothing? Doesn't that imply something is different from the original PC release?

Whatever it is, it also coming to PC.

According to DF

The version you can buy right now is NOT the version shown yesterday. Infinite is a different game, It has been upgraded for the NG release and on PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom