• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bright Memory: Infinite Releases on November 12

winjer

Gold Member

Bright Memory: Inifinite Releasing on November 11 PDT!

It's been a three-year wait but the much anticipated Bright Memory: Infinite is finally coming to Steam on November 11 PDT! Don't forget to check out the epic new trailer below. There will also be a gameplay video dropping soon, so please stay tuned!
Developer Comment
For Bright Memory: Infinite, I wanted to focus on adding content to give players a more satisfying experience. As a result, development took three times as long as Bright Memory. This process allowed me to learn how to create a strong game while dealing with time and financial constraints. I spent a lot of time thinking of ways to maximize whatever technology and resources available to me in order to deliver an unforgettable experience through the game. As such, Bright Memory: Infinite represents the culmination of FYQD Studio's growth. Finally, I would like to express my gratitude to all my global partners and those who have provided technical support to me.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Do we have a releases date for Xbox yet? This game looks appealing in the trailers, but as baphomet baphomet and a lot of other people have said Bright Memory is BAD.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Hopefully it turns out good. I won't be getting at launch, but it's something I'd grab later on for sure.

Can't get over the bad name though.

baphomet baphomet Bright Memory was an earlier version of this game IIRC and done a long while back; Infinite is a sequel and a lot of games have gone from mediocre first entries to great sequels.

Still hyped for this game even almost two years later; if what's in the clip is indicative of how it might look on Series X it's still easily up there as one of the best graphical showcases of the early generation. And I just like how the visual style looks, seems like a Hong Kong kung-fu flick and monster kaiju rolled into one (just without the monsters...maybe?).

Also the main female character? 👌😊❤ she's looking extra fine.

Kuranghi

I know its computer games an all and I don't think the game is bad because of it but the way the car exploded for seemingly no reason in the air and then using the scope while standing on the wing of a moving plane right after made me laugh a lot.

winjer

Gold Member
I bought an played Bright Memory, which is basically a glorified demo of a game in early access.
Gameplay is rather fun. Combat mixes some sword play and gunplay, in interesting ways.
Boss battles are fun and engaging.
There's also a couple of puzzles, but nothing complicated.

That demos showed some promise, so I'm hoping the final release is a good game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Its got slick graphics. Hopefully the gameplay is good too. Made by a small team and I dont think theres been any info/clips about it since that first video a year ago?

The voice acting in this is terrible. Hopefully they will have a Chinese language option. Graphics and gameplay both look great so I'm looking forward to some trusted reviewers ideas on it

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Is this on game pass, if so, i will be checking it out for sure, the trailers got me hyped
I thought it was, but I dont think it is. I thought this game was part of that Xbox video where they they said every game shown is on GP. Might be wrong and it was shown in a different promotional video..

CamHostage

A shame that the Xbox Series X version isn't launching simultaneously with the PC game, as Xbox fans have been eager (with trepidation) for this one since it was supposed to be out around launch. I hope it turns out well, the original Bright Memory was a suicide-slurpee of game ideas rather than any specific flavor and it didn't really master anything it tried to do, but it looked nice and moved fast and was convincingly exciting for a time, hopefully the final is all that but with a more clear taste.

FYI, some time after the Xbox release, Bright Memory Infinite will also be coming to PS5. Priorities of platforms are in place (I'm so-so on "timed exclusives" but it feels right for Xbox fans that they're getting a window of this being their own for a while,) but eventually everybody will have a chance to check it out.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

7drHiqr.gif

baphomet

baphomet baphomet Bright Memory was an earlier version of this game IIRC and done a long while back; Infinite is a sequel and a lot of games have gone from mediocre first entries to great sequels.

Still hyped for this game even almost two years later; if what's in the clip is indicative of how it might look on Series X it's still easily up there as one of the best graphical showcases of the early generation. And I just like how the visual style looks, seems like a Hong Kong kung-fu flick and monster kaiju rolled into one (just without the monsters...maybe?).

Also the main female character? 👌😊❤ she's looking extra fine.

This is a remake/expansion of Bright Memory which was released in 2019.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Did anyone ever actually believe this?
Bright Memory was developed by one developer.
His studio at the time of self publishing had one developer on the "team"....himself.
He used a bunch of "free" and "cheap" softwares to basically cut his dev costs and work in half.

Youll be amazed what "solo" developers can do these days, software has gotten so good for basically pocket change these days if you dont mind some people pointing out theyve seen some of your assets in stores then you could make AAA quality games relatively easily.

You could stay in the Unreal Ecosystem and pay nearly nothing till you make a million dollars
Unreal for Engine.
Blueprints for nigh literally all the programing.
Mixer for the textures.
Quixel for smart materials.
Megascans for assets.
UStore for effects, scripts, other assets.
Metahumans for characters.
Blender for assets you want to make/tweak.

Total cost.
Basically 0 dollars.

The original Bright Memory was an episodic game of which the developer left behind after getting about 50% through the first episode. This is essentially a pretty large expansion of that episodical game.
My thoughts on this release really haven't changed from when it was originally shown, on a technical level its doing some nice things graphically but even with that I just can't get away from the fact that it looks like a really cheap, low budget game with absolutely no artistry. It looks very much like a PS3 or 360 game that's been made to look as shiny as possible.
Fair enough if people enjoy it when it's released but there is absolutely nothing about this that excites me.
Perhaps I'll change my mind somewhat when reviews hit and they show some proper unedited gameplay rather than the quick cuts the trailers have shown, I would be surprised though. It would certainly be good to be very wrong about the game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You mean, he "acquired" games and "re-purposed" their assets and what not for his "game". Apparently he has 9 years of experience .. (interview with a YTer, with 900 subs and 50 views).

rockos modern life nicksplat GIF
FYQD-Studio [developer] 24 Dec, 2019 @ 5:24am

You can check update log.
in 27/01/2019,we have replaced all the problems of resources,and contacted the copyright get forgive.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Enjoy 14 absolutely action-packed minutes of gameplay from Bright Memory: Infinite, the first-person shooter from the one-man development team at FYQD Studio that will be released for PC on November 11, and coming soon to Xbox Series X|S. This gameplay shows off gunplay, wall-running, swordplay, a boss fight, and more!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great!!! Day one when it releases on Series X!! Would have liked it to be this year but early 2022 is no biggie especially when Ray Tracing will be in day one. Still have the demo to play but have been waiting for Infinite to get dated for Series X so I can play the demo a few days before.

hlm666

Looks like a pretty solid effort, the actual combat looks more enjoyable than shit like borderlands. Kinda gives me hard reset vibes in that it should be an enjoyable ~6 hour game with the core assets being recycled through out. If they can step up for their next game like flying wild hog did with shadow warrior will be interesting to see what they do.

Top Bottom