• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brightburn trailer - Superman meets Horror

God Enel

That looks really good and happy they didn’t spoil too much. Just showed enough to make me wanna watch it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I mean that wasnt the good Superman movie i was hoping for but at this point fuck it.

Javthusiast

Banned
If this movie turns out good, venom having made so much money and into the spider-verse getting so many positive reviews, it could mean that sony may finally hit a winning streak regarding their movie division.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Obvious parody? They aren't being very subtle with the similarities. I chuckled at his name being "Brandon", i.e., "Brandon Routh". Looks like it could be a fun watch, tho.

olimariOA

Banned
I like the idea, but it's a little too on-the-nose and the shots like the spacecraft crashing look a CGI SHITFEST corny.
Maybe they'll pull it off, but I would have preferred less gloss.

Helloooo Martha.

Looks good, will check out. Lol at the lunch lady being the first to get it.

Kid wanted extra tots. Now she knows.

giphy.gif

Ask this guy

Last edited:
I’m curious to see what the catch is gonna be. Like will there be an equivilant to kryptonite (or will he have some other vulnerability), will there be others like him, stuff like that

Kadayi

Banned
Good stuff on the second trailer. Maybe a little too much show there, but still looks pretty awesome.

manfestival

Good stuff on the second trailer. Maybe a little too much show there, but still looks pretty awesome.
I am already sold on the movie. Your post serves me as a warning so I am gonna skip it and just watch the movie now lol(when it comes out of course)

My concern is this.. Is the majority of the movie going to be a collection of silent scenes followed by swift executions? I mean the premise is interesting even if it's not exactly original but I feel like I'm being bashed over the head with it over and over.

Superman is invincible. This one's a psychopath. Okay. It just doesn't tickle my curiosity very much. What else is there to look forward to? Is Brainiac gonna come down to earth and save it? Maybe doomsday? He kills one person and you're left thinking oh of course there's gonna be more silence and his mother's gonna whine before he does it again. I just wished the trailer gave just one counter balance of some kind.

The counter balance will be there. We just don’t know what it is yet, and I kinda dig that

I don’t want to see more, almost feels like I’ve seen too much

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
If this movie is good and makes a ton of money imagine a Brightburn 2, where an evil supermal like character fights with an evil batman like character for world domination, while a lex luther type dude tries to save the world. xD

That eye. How can you not scream like a maniac when you’re pulling this shit out of your eye. I don’t even know if I would be capable of doing that.

Can’t wait though. Love the whole concept of it. I’m excited what they’re going to make out of it.

I’m really truly hoping it succeeds and expands into its own “super-horror verse”

Top Bottom