• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Brink becomes F2P 6 years later(well, effectively free since there's not much to buy)

Gestault

Oct 18, 2012
We made it, ya'll.

(I actually think developments like this are a great gesture to the remaining community)

_Aaron_

Mar 20, 2016
Who owns Brink? Bethesda or Splash Damage?

Seems odd that Bethesda would decide to make it F2P now, but Splash Damage seem to have done alright with Dirty Bomb.

May 6, 2014

mnannola

Oct 3, 2009
It's the year 2017, and someone was paid money to do something in regards to Brink. What the hell?

Metal-Geo

Jan 28, 2011
Dutchland
Everything about this game's design sounded and looked promising and intriguing.

Everything about this game's execution is the exact opposite.

One of the biggest gaming disappointments to me. I doubt it'll keep new players playing, at all.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Sep 5, 2012
Spain
www.resetera.com
Have they fixed the "issue"/design decision by which the game runs at 30 FPS is you're playing singleplayer?

I was ready to love this game, but the dreadful performance kill it for me :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jun 7, 2009
Everything about this game's design sounded and looked promising and intriguing.

Everything about this game's execution is the exact opposite.

One of the biggest gaming disappointments to me. I doubt it'll keep new players playing, at all.
Agreed, one of the biggest gaming blunders I can think of. So much hype snuffed out so fast once you get your hands on it.

LordRaptor

Aug 20, 2015
I really liked Brink.
Much more than Dirty Bomb.

Hopefully this gives it a shot in the arm and the only playerbase remaining aren't super hardcore clanmates

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Feb 19, 2008
I think I played this way back when they had a free weekend for it, which was apparently SIX YEARS AGO, and it just wasn't that interesting.

Amagon

May 18, 2010
Fuck that, first game I bought day one that I had to return the same day because it played like shit.