• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broly Is Up To His Old Shit Again In New Dragon Ball Super Movie

Broly for another movie? But I wanted Bardock! I guess Browly will be considered cannon for the anime series.

https://kotaku.com/broly-is-up-to-his-old-shit-again-in-new-dragon-ball-su-1827461710

w1xlpmv5jpvw2vjnqhr4.jpg

Dragon Ball Super has ended its TV run, but no worries—the series’ next movie, Dragon Ball Super: Broly, is coming out in Japan before the end of the year.

We don’t know much beyond what’s shown in the official poster and the short teaser trailer that got released today. Broly, the Saiyan version of the Incredible Hulk, will be reprising his role as a giant dude who radiates green energy and has really small pupils. It looks like Goku and Vegeta will fight him. Probably the other Z Fighters will show up as well at some point, and all manner of existing power levels will be surpassed. The movie hits Japan December 14 and, if it follows the same timeline as the last one, Resurrection ‘F,’ it could come West sometime early next year.

Atrus

Gold Member
It’ll be interesting to see how this works with both Goku and Vegita having blown well past SSJ Blue.

Dunki

I knew it was Broly and this is the first time it will be canon so it can be intersting. Broly is a fan favorite and I can see why they picked him.

Codes 208

If they retcon the first three movies ill be ok with this. But frankly i find broly overrated. (But i guess Id take him over Jiren)

The Skull

Sigh. I was hoping other characters would get the limelight, especially after the tournament of power. I'd be interested in seeing how far Gohan could be pushed, due to his massive potential as a hybrid, vs Broly's almost never ending amount of power.

I'm guessing this will boil down to UI Goku vs a new Broly form, or Gogeta finally becoming cannon.

Dunki

Wasn't Kefla's point to be a fan-service to everyone who kept asking for Broly? And now Broly turns cannon?
Kefla was fan service for sure and maybe they wanted to test the waters with this? I personally think a real Canon Broly which then also could appear in the series would be cool^^

longdi

Banned
So the earlier teaser about the origins of saiyan power, is just broly? Talk about a flaccid penis...
Not that i dislike broly or anything

woopWOOP

Is that Yamcha in the back?
That'd be great, having a character like Yamcha take up a huge spot in a movie poster like that.
"Finally, Yamcha's time to shine again!!"

So I haven't kept up with those DB movies, but didn't Broly explode and come back in another as this BIO BROLY sludge?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That'd be great, having a character like Yamcha take up a huge spot in a movie poster like that.

So I haven't kept up with those DB movies, but didn't Broly explode and come back in another as this BIO BROLY sludge?

I am curious about that as well. Will they just pretend it didn't happen as this is based off of Super and not DBZ?

Fbh

Since the original movies aren't canon is everyone just going to act as if this is the first time they have seen broly?

Enygger_Tzu

Banned

Why would our Lord and Savior, Yamaha-sama need to fight two pesky Sayians?

Remember, even the one-time Ruler of the Universe had said it:

"There are two persons father told me to never lay a hand on; Yamcha and Mr. Popo."

Excided to see what TFS will do with this source material.

Last edited:

Alec

I have never cared much for Broly. But honestly it doesn't matter because I am a sucker for DB and always will be. Give it to me.

kunonabi

Since the original movies aren't canon is everyone just going to act as if this is the first time they have seen broly?

Probably. Kale will also probably get thrown in the garbage bin of characters who will never matter like Gohan as well. Man, i hate super.

Dunki

Kale Kefla and co had most screentime than any other participants besides universe 7. even jiren had less. So why are you disappointed while she had the best grow in this whole arc . She evolved multiple level. And no she will never get a major arc but it’s also called dragonball featureing the universe 7 guys. Also super had the most hyped ending in dragonball the final confrontation was executed excellently

As for the design I like it let’s see where they are going with this

Codes 208

Ive found some things showing Broly's new design.
I will admit I hate his old design, but damn I dig his newer green & purple colors (and the armor and pelt really helps sell this new level of ferocity.)

Last edited:

NahaNago

I'm honestly disappointed that it is Broly but I do like Broly movies. Bardock was a little weird. I get how they got him to fight the frieza like character but he isn't really the hero type originally but just a slaughterer.

Codes 208

New trailer has been released!

I wonder if the english dub releasing so soon after the sub has anything to do with fox losing the movie liscense in NA. IIRC thqt was why BoG and RoF took so long to get dubbed.

That aside im hyped. I friggin hate broly as a character but i like his redesign and with toriyama's involvement i cant wait to see it.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Not gonna lie, haven't watched DBZ since the buu saga aired in europe in the 90s... but this trailer got me HYPED. looks like its going back to its roots :D

NahaNago

Ok, i'm hyped.
So weird hearing the english dub after seeing all of Super in japanese.

Same about the weirdness and also now hyped. i do think that Goku looks a little weird though.

edit: I wonder why they just don't have a separate team work on movies and just release one like every 2 years or just do spin off movies of each of the Z gang. I for some odd reason want a Krillin movie. A master roshi series sounds awesome as well either as an old man or in his youth. His sister is like a super powerful witch and he trained in a dojo and traveled the world when he was younger so they could easily do that.

Last edited:

Takuan

Maybe he'll actually have some personality in this ver -- oh, he's still destruction incarnate.

Well, I'm still gonna watch. Animation looks siiiiiick.

royox

Nah, DBZ was a bit more logical than that.

Piccolo, with a power level of like 3000 fused with Nail that had 50.000 and kicked Freezer's ass in 2nd form after saying he had a power level of 1.000.000.

Goku went from power level "over 8000" to 60.000 (+120.000 kaioken against Ginew) in A MONTH and HOURS later he had a power level of +3.000.000 in base form just because "lol zenkai" and was stoping death beam barrages that killed Vegeta with 1 single bare hand.

A scientist on earth built human-based cyborgs and robots that can one-hit Super Saiyans and Freezer, a being that terrorized the whole galaxy, in final form. It's even better when you think he was collecting data since just before Namek (Goku had +8000PL and Vegeta +15.000) and somehow Gero managed to build androids with powerlevels of MILLIONS of units. In 3 years.

Dragon Ball Z NEVER had any bit of power level logic.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Managed to watch the dub version, imo one of the best DB movie yet. Very high production values. I can see Toriyama put some effort into it.

Kinda lilke the direction DBS is taking, no more existential threat, but more about OP Goku/Geets going around looking for a fight.

Also like how Geets did not job at all, what a first!

Some peeve, how broly went from base saiyan level to beerus level, in a few hours. It was even more no.17 than no.17 powerup during the TOP arc.

Another peeve, no names drop of the Top, especially U6 saiyans and kale beserker mode. Strange to see Vegeta wanting to kill Broly when he was buddy buddy with U6 saiyan!

Top Bottom