• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S5 |OT| The Return Of Velvet Thunder - Tuesdays on Fox

TheOddOne

1jyb1e.png

Sotha Sil

There's something about Michael Schur's shows. Like The Good Place, which I discovered recently, Brooklyn Nine Nine has that touch of magic that makes even weak episodes immensely enjoyable. Can't wait for the premiere.

There's something about Michael Schur's shows. Like The Good Place, which I discovered recently, Brooklyn Nine Nine has that touch of magic that makes even weak episodes immensely enjoyable. Can't wait for the premiere.
Yeah, he definitely gets me and what I want to see.

shoelacer

Banned

Yeah, they always have a certain kind of heart and optimism (TGP a bit less so) without being shmarmy. There was good article touching on this from the AV Club this week https://www.avclub.com/the-good-places-the-uncommonly-decent-tv-worlds-of-mic-1818561418

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I enjoyed last season, but I hope this one is the last. I just don't feel like there's a lot of life left in the series and I want them to go out on a high note.

I couldn't finish season 4, think I made it to episode 14 or 15 before stopping. Felt like I was just watching it out of habit cause the humour was gone for a while. I hope this season is better.

hydruxo

I started watching this show on Friday and I'm addicted. Hope I can catch up within the next week or two!

Ray Holt has me in stitches every time he says anything

TheOddOne

Season premiere today:
Season 5: episode 1 "The Big House Pt. 1"

Jake and Rosa assimilate to their new lives behind bars, but both are coping in very different ways. Back in the precinct, Amy and Charles are doing all they can to exonerate their colleagues.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Terry - "Are you really playing the gay card right now?"

Holt - "yas queen"

LOL

EDIT: That was a pretty good premiere. A tad dark for what this show usually manages, but I thought it more or less worked.

"Good news, you have Epix and some channel called Tunez with a Z, a 2 year commitment"

Canceling cable is no joke.

I don't think I've ever had Picante Beef flavor Ramen.

The show continues to excel in openings, poor Boyle.

vypek

Meadows is really good for making stuff light hearted even though his crime is so sick and terrible lol.

Loved the cable joke especially

Jim

"Capital B, equal sign, equal sign, equal sign, equal sign... equal sign, capital D... ohhh"

Not totally related, but Rosa appears to be wearing more and more makeup each season?

Dynasty

Episode was ok, decent premiere. I'm kind if burnt out on this show, hopefully they are able to pull me back in otherwise I can see myself dropping it in a few episodes.

G0523

Episode was pretty good but it was darker than I thought it would be. Gina having Holt and Terry call her cable company was the best scene, even if it was only less than a minute.

I also missed Gina. :(

vypek

Looks like a new arc can come into play soon.

Holt's use and delivery of the line "heavy breasts" is always hilarious

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Great episode - much better than last week's. Andre Braugher had a slew of gems but the biggest lol came from when the friend/cannibal pretended to try to bite Jake.

TripOpt55

That was a really good one. Loved Holt talking to the parking lot guy, Rosa imagining busting through the glass and choking the other detective, and pretty much everything Tim Meadows did. He was hilarious in this role.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Which dark deity do I have to sacrifice Ratsky to so I can have this weekly on Netflix here? ;_;

I thought Fox shows were a no-go for them adding weekly eps (they have been doing with some CW shows for awhile) but now we have Lucifer Season 3 being added weekly... gimme my Brooklyn fix Netflix!

And also add season 4 while you're at it.

Kevinroc

It's really something else that this show is still so good after all these years.

I thought things had gone a little too smoothly for the Nine-Nine at the end, and then bam! Well done reveal on Holt's deal.

Quick

Banned
Glad they wrapped up that prison thing quick, but it was pretty funny anyway.

Everything going perfect was going to suck, but I'm glad they found a way to add some intrigue with how Jake and Rosa got out.

Caleb was the best part of the two episodes.

Top Bottom