• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers in Arms: Furious Four Announced (Ubi Conf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

It was announced by Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Software. To release in the first half of 2012.

@Ubisoft

Brothers in Arms Furious Four introduces a group of soldiers interested in only one thing: Kicking. Nazi. Ass!

Announcement Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-brothers-in/714918

vg247 said:
Furious 4 is the latest latest iteration of the Brothers in Arms franchise, which promises to “spin the series in a new direction.”

Set in World War II, Brothers in Arms Furious 4 is a first-person shooter will a full campaign mode playable with up to four players in co-op, as well as in competitive multiplayer mode.

The story follows four “fierce and furious” men tracking the Führer, and as one of the Furious 4, players will use special weaponry and combat abilities to fight an experimental Nazi army conceived in secret by the Third Reich.

“The Brothers in Arms franchise has been renowned for its gritty direction that has dropped players into the middle of World War II,” said Adam Novickas, US director of marketing at Ubisoft. “With Brothers in Arms Furious 4, Gearbox brings the action to a whole new level filled with unexpected twists and over-the-top battles that are sure to please new players and fans alike.”

Brothers in Arms Furious 4 is slated for release during the first half of 2012 on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Gamespot Preview

WickedLaharl said:
sucks for anyone wanting a proper follow up the series.

Pitchford did mention they plan on making more BiA games, this seems more like a spinoff, maybe to try and keep the name out there.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Elios83 said:
I was about to write this. Clearly inspired by the Tarantino's movie.

Inspired is putting it mildly, the trailer was pretty much a scene direct from the movie.

Persona7

Banned
rainking187 said:
I didn't have any interest in the Brothers in Arms series before, but I'm definitely interested in this one.
Complete opposite for me. I always liked BIA but now I am wary.

Amir0x said:
uh that does not look like Brother in Arms
Indeed, it bothers me somewhat that they put the "Brothers in Arms" title in front of the "Furious 4".

"Furious 4" would've been a decent title on its own and doesn't feel like it has any similarities to the BiA-franchise, despite being set during WWII.

Glix

It just boggles my mind. It really does. I understand that companies are terrified of launching new IP's (moronic and short sighted), but don't they understand that they destroy the equity of the brand, and infuriate the potential customers when you brand something like this, that is not the same franchise anymore.

I really don't get it.

The people you are trying to attract are not going to give it a chance, and the people loyal to the brand are not going to give it a chance because its so different than what came before...

sheesh.

Glix said:
It just boggles my mind. It really does. I understand that companies are terrified of launching new IP's (moronic and short sighted), but don't they understand that they destroy the equity of the brand, and infuriate the potential customers when you brand something like this, that is not the same franchise anymore.

I really don't get it.

The people you are trying to attract are not going to give it a chance, and the people loyal to the brand are not going to give it a chance because its so different than what came before...

sheesh.

They are trying to grow the brand. I'm sure the ideal is for "Brother's in Arms" to be such a big and popular title that they can slap it on anything, shooters, flight games, online games, ect...and have it sell. If new customers like this game, they might be more willing to give a traditional BiA game a chance. At least that's the line of thinking.

Salsa

Brother in Arms was another WW shooter lost in the sea of thousands of them.

Granted, this is a very Borderlands/TF2 approach, with was already been done (even by them), but it still jumps out a lot more and will probably have more people interested.

Its a totally understandable decision. Battlefield 3 can go head to head with MW2, Brother in Arms cant, and it shouldnt try.

Atolm

Oh dear Lord, what did I do to deserve this?

All I wanted was a BiA like Road to Hill 30 and Earned in blood, and not like Hell's Highway. And it's not even like Hell's Highway, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse ;((((

RIP BiA.

New group of soldiers? One of the biggest draws of the franchise is following the story of the same squad and how they've changed through the war. I'm so fucking sick of all these games forsaking their lineage to reach a larger fanbase, but that's just the way it is now.

Edit: Just saw the trailer, HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?

They could have completely wrapped up the original storyline with the next BiA, it would have taken the characters through the Battle of the Bulge to the war's end. Oh, well. Four player co-op sounds fun, though.

Kjellson

I didn't watch all of the trailer, but isn't it weird that none of the nazis pulled out a gun when the first guy was killed?

SpudBud

I would of liked to see the continuation of the story from the past games. A inglourious basterds ripoff doesn't interest me too much.

Ponti

I go into the trailer expecting a serious, more or less historically accurate, realistic WWII shooter with a lovely orchestral score and I'm greeted with THIS?

The fuck is this.

This looks so terrible and shouldn't even bear the BiA name. Those games were awesome squad based, tactical shooters and were way, way more grounded in realism than this. BiA was one of the few games that really got WWII action right and I loved playing that game on the most authentic settings possible. This game just takes what BiA is all about and throws it all out the window. So much for my hopes of getting a real BiA sequel taking place in the battle of the bulge with expanded squad gameplay.

Ponti said:
I go into the trailer expecting a serious, more or less historically accurate, realistic WWII shooter with a lovely orchestral score and I'm greeted with THIS?

The fuck is this.
Some straight up bullshit. I remember all the hype Gearbox had about them painstakingly recreating the locations of the last game to make them as authentic as possible. Bringing in Military advisors to make the game more realistic. Now this game just shits all over that.

Can't wait to hear Red and Baker reminisce about the time they slaughtered a bar full of Nazis...oh wait....

Cubituss

Neo Member
The fuck is this indeed. I'm more than dissapointed, and I loved Hell's Highway.

Waiting for info on Kinect/Move support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom